Tanner The Monotone

I'm Tired. What else is new?
Aug 25, 2010
Cloudwolf616 said:
Volf said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Volf said:
Cloudwolf616 said:
The Irish version of SOPA has just passed today and will be in effect soon ignoring a signed petition of 80,000 voters which is quite a big number of people over here.
So perhaps the Irish need to use the IRA again.
Why do people keep saying this, even in jest? I don't think people realize what the IRA actually is today...
I realize that they are a former shell of what they once were, but they made a difference in the last century, wouldn't you agree?
Ah its not that its the fact that they are a terrorist organisation over here responsible for the deaths of quite a few innocent people.
The IRA that once was during the rule of the British Government is long gone im afraid.
New group. Call it the I.I.T.B.A (Irish Internet Take Bake Association) Their weapons will be explosive mouses and uber trolling all the politicians.

Kidding aside, at least now we can see the effectiveness of such a bill. If it does much more bad than good like most people think, then maybe it will cause countries to move away from such ideas.

Dejawesp

May 5, 2008
I think this is a good thing. Because now the rest of the world can watch Ireland and reference the events that will take place and use that data against future SOPA laws in other nations.

The liberties of Ireland is a small sacrifice for the greater good on a global scale.

nuba km

Jun 7, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
Volf said:
Cloudwolf616 said:
The Irish version of SOPA has just passed today and will be in effect soon ignoring a signed petition of 80,000 voters which is quite a big number of people over here.
Why do people keep saying this, even in jest? I don't think people realize what the IRA actually is today...
is it the internet rebellion army/jk I know what the IRA is

OT: thank god northern Ireland isn't effected by the laws of the republic of Ireland

LilithSlave

Sep 1, 2011
Europe is really being swept by a load of nasty internet governance lately. I feel for y'all, definitely.

I sure hope the internet can survive this onslaught that being constantly directed at it right now.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
Woe, I feel bad for the people in Ireland. I can see some people aren't getting re-elected...

lRookiel

Lord of Infinite Grins
Jun 30, 2011
The Irish should rise up and fight the tyranny that has plagued their fair country...

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
MiracleOfSound said:
Volf said:
Cloudwolf616 said:
Aren't they a political party now?

RabbidKuriboh

Sep 19, 2010
god damn it just god damn it, our stupid technophobic country has done it again!

i would say this calls for a revolution but hey we irish are terrible at that

anyone know where i can find a "living with sopa guide"? because i wanna make sure burly men don't come after me when i accidentally click a link without being sure what it is

Dec 14, 2009
RabbidKuriboh said:
god damn it just god damn it, our stupid technophobic country has done it again!

You can't just start a revolution.

You need to work your way up to that.

Practice, practice, practice :D

RabbidKuriboh

Sep 19, 2010
Daystar Clarion said:
RabbidKuriboh said:

oh many many many were tried and everyone was crushed the biggest martial achievement in irish history was the taking over of a post office for a few days which was done by terrorists too so.........

Dec 14, 2009
RabbidKuriboh said:
Daystar Clarion said:
RabbidKuriboh said:

oh many many many were tried and everyone was crushed the biggest martial achievement in irish history was the taking over of a post office for a few days which was done by terrorists too so.........
Maybe revolutions just aren't your thing.

Ever considered a different hobby? Like embroidery?

You guys like potatoes right? Ever tried growing something else?

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Fappy said:
Not really, no.
Volf said:
Good point, perhaps that could be a change in their policies.
You should totally tell them that.

MiracleOfSound said:
It's an absolute disgrace and the TD who signed it is a traitorous little snake.

His Twitter isn't having a pleasant evening...

https://twitter.com/#!/search/%40seansherlocktd
Hopefully, it'll scare him enough to try and do some damage control for the sake of his career. I know that the pissed off demographic probably aren't the most committed voters but the backlash might be enough for him to make some sort of move.

Dec 27, 2010
RabbidKuriboh said:
Daystar Clarion said:
RabbidKuriboh said:

Are you joking? The damage caused during the Rising was due to British ships shelling the shit out of a city they claimed was part of their own country, not the small group of ill-equipped idealists who were making more of a protest than revolution.

OT: To be honest, I can't muster much anger over this, considering every thing else happening here. It's certainly an utterly disgusting decision, but I'm just slightly more worried about imminent Eurozone collapse.

Edit:
Fappy said:
I think your confusing Sinn Féin with the IRA. Sinn Féin were the only major Republican party in the North. They pretty much abandoned the South after a large group under the leadership of DeValera split off to form Fianna Fáil, but they've began focusing on the Republic again since the collapse of the Fianna Fáil government. Too much detail?

PureIrony

Slightly Sarcastic At All Times
Aug 12, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
It's an absolute disgrace and the TD who signed it is a traitorous little snake.
Please tell me this isn't going to affect your show.

Dejawesp

May 5, 2008
People really shouldn't try to justify the IRA. Few people did as much to damage to Ireland's independence as the IRA.

Whenever a British general wanted more troops or machinery to send to Ireland to keep the peace he could always count on the IRA to blow something up. Then he could point and go "See how unstable Ireland is? We need an even larger military presence there to protect them from themselves"

somonels

Oct 12, 2010
Cloudwolf616 said:
Our's didn't, which is strange because we consider our government much more capitalistic and corrupt than yours.

Shivarage

Apr 9, 2010
Dejawesp said:
People really shouldn't try to justify the IRA. Few people did as much to damage to Ireland's independence as the IRA.

Whenever a British general wanted more troops or machinery to send to Ireland to keep the peace he could always count on the IRA to blow something up. Then he could point and go "See how unstable Ireland is? We need an even larger military presence there to protect them from themselves"
Sounds about right...

Helmholtz Watson

Nov 7, 2011
Colour-Scientist said:
Fappy said:
Not really, no.
Volf said:
Good point, perhaps that could be a change in their policies.
You should totally tell them that.

MiracleOfSound said:

His Twitter isn't having a pleasant evening...

https://twitter.com/#!/search/%40seansherlocktd
Hopefully, it'll scare him enough to try and do some damage control for the sake of his career. I know that the pissed off demographic probably aren't the most committed voters but the backlash might be enough for him to make some sort of move.
Well although my family is Catholic, I don't think they take to kindly to a non-Irish person telling them what to do.

dimensional

Jun 13, 2011
Its nice to see the government acting in the interests of the people they are supposed to represent.

Still I honestly cant believe they actually passed this but then again I suppose people wont mind this as long as the big businesses are happy after all its their interests we should be looking out for if that comes at the cost of peoples freedom so be it, people dont like freedom anyway check youre history if you dont believe me.

This needs to end badly for the Irish government or others will start getting ideas.