Irn Bru!

Superior Mind

Feb 9, 2009
Irn Bru sounds like a slightly different version of lemonade, I haven't tried it but all I can tell in its description is that it's "citrus-y". All in all it's the same sugary syrupy shit that's passed off everywhere else, there's just national pride backing it up. We have something like it here in NZ called L&P. There's nothing wrong with it, it's just a soft drink but it's "our" soft drink which clearly makes it better than anything else. Right?

I'd be willing to wager that Irn Bru tastes a lot like L&P despite it's different colour, I'll be sure to look around for some and let you know.

Baneat

Jul 18, 2008
Superior Mind said:
I'd be willing to wager that Irn Bru tastes a lot like L&P despite it's different colour, I'll be sure to look around for some and let you know.
I'll tell you the closest thing possible to Irn Bru is tutti frutti. And even that doesn't come close.

Irn Bru tastes like Irn Bru

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Is it sad that the only two things I know about Scotland are Bill Hicks' mention of the place and this guy?

That, and Braveheart obviously...

CobraX

Jul 4, 2010
A friend introduced me to the glory Of Irn Bru and it's hilarious commercials around 3 years back. Now I buy it from a local import shop (I'm in Canada) whenever I can. The stuff is so good, I pity anyone who hasn't had it before...The poor damned souls.

White-Death

Oct 31, 2011
Sweet bollock shitting Jesus, How did I miss a Daystar Clarion thread about my 2nd most favorite liquid consumable of all time?!(My First being tea, naturally.)
I'm lucky enough to live on the border of Northern Ireland, where Irn Bru is common, but I live on the south side of the town, where there is no Irn Bru for me.
However, my school is on the North side of the Northern border town(Confuzzling, I know.) Where the Shops are stocked with All of Irn Bru's Irn Bru-ee goodness.
Every Wednesday & Every Friday, I pop down to the local shop at lunch to refill my stash of Irn bru, The shop sells about 12 cans for about ?1.60.(Gotta love the Lunchtime rush Discounts)So my Irn Bru supply is plentiful.Right now I'm drinking the remains of a small can while a cup of Earl Grey is born.Sometimes, when I'm in for a REAL MANLY night, I get me a con of Irn Bru, some extra dry Scawtish shawrtbread, an have a marathon of..
My little pony.

Sometimes I hate being a Brony...

But no matter! I love Irn Bru, fuck Coca Cola and their Chemical laced bullshit!
Daystar, I must commend you on your excellent OP structure, as always, hats off to you.

A Weakgeek

Feb 3, 2011
The only true drink is Euro shopper energy drink, or known here in finland as: Eeässä
Nytten pärisee

OneCatch

Jun 19, 2010
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Damn it Daystar! I thought the reason I always invade Scotland first in Medieval II was a well kept secret! But now you have seen my motives and shared them with the world...
I'm playing as the Scots right now, and my armies of rabble and peasants and highlanders are rubbish on paper, but they've been scoring glorious victories against the English, the Welsh, the Danes, the Spanish; pretty much everyone!

Now I know why...

him over there

Dec 17, 2011
I keep reading the title as I'm bru by mistake, which makes me think of a horrible asian stereotype singing that europop song about a house or whatever. anyway all soft drinks are pretty subpar. The mighty daystar has run out of cuisine to hold over us filthy peasants it seems.

Edit: I need to reconcile with the gods for saying soft drinks are sub par. This one is okay, and only this one:

White-Death

Oct 31, 2011
Hmm...Just finished my can, and I had an X-Ray as I am studying the long-term effect of Irn Bru.
It appears my skin is now 25% Irn, which is a unique new indestructible metal, only found in Irn Bru.
Now I know why the Scots own in Medieval II!
Capthca:Fools gold.
O RLY?

OneCatch

Jun 19, 2010
SwimmingRock said:
Dogs can be trusted. Sheep slightly less so as they are not malicious, but tend to have a hidden agenda. Cows are simply untrustworthy. To their credit, though, they're nowhere near the levels of pure evil caged in the flesh-bags we call horses. Fuck horses.
*Nods sagely*
Also, mountain ponies. Fuck those guys. They just don't understand the concept of gratefulness or fair play.*

I got beaten up by a pony once.
Halfway up a mountain.
In the rain.
After I fed it.
When I was 7. (Truestory)

- - - - -

*and don't get me started on goats.

White-Death

Oct 31, 2011
OneCatch said:
SwimmingRock said:
Dogs can be trusted. Sheep slightly less so as they are not malicious, but tend to have a hidden agenda. Cows are simply untrustworthy. To their credit, though, they're nowhere near the levels of pure evil caged in the flesh-bags we call horses. Fuck horses.
*Nods sagely*
Also, mountain ponies. Fuck those guys. They just don't understand the concept of gratefulness or fair play.*

Halfway up a mountain.
In the rain.
After I fed it.

- - - - -

You dear sir, Must consult the great overlord of Blerg to cure your pony Predicaments...
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/pony

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
Dear god. Irn Bru is the most amazing thing ever. Nothing tops Irn Bru. I fucking love it. It's all I drink. It's actually hard enough to find in Ireland. But it's amazing. So damn good. Oh god. God yes.

OneCatch

Jun 19, 2010
White-Death said:
OneCatch said:
SwimmingRock said:
*Nods sagely*

Halfway up a mountain.
In the rain.
After I fed it.

- - - - -

You dear sir, Must consult the great overlord of Blerg to cure your pony Predicaments...
http://theoatmeal.com/comics/pony
But I did everything like it said! :(

From this, I suspect that perhaps mountain ponies are the inferior, bitter and thuggish cousins of the ponies spoken of within that tome.
Y'know what? I'm not even going to call them "mountain ponies" any more; 'mountain' sounds too grand. They can be "hill ponies" or "twmp ponies". Bastards.

Daveman

has tits and is on fire
Jan 8, 2009
The delicious taste of rust and sugar.

Frankly, I've had plenty of Scottish delicacies; haggis, deep fried mars bars, the lot. The only one I've come to hate is Irn Bru.

The Night Angel

Dec 30, 2011
I drink Irn Bru only very occasionally, it is quite nice, I'll give you that, but it has to be like 99% sugar. It can rot all your teeth with just one teaspoon full. Ì honestly wonder if it isn't designed to see how little people care what goes in their systems. The great food God should ration this stuff more carefully, or he will lose all his worshippers due to them not having any teeth left to try his culinary delights. :)

Mafoobula

Sep 30, 2009
My parents, magnificent people that they are, managed to get 2 dozen bottles sent to me in *&^%ing Afghanistan. I still haven't thanked them enough for it.
Everyone who tried it agreed it's a glorious drink, in every way possible. Unique flavor, smooth texture, enough carbonation to tickle the tonsils, without turning into nothing but foam in the mouth and make you belch every 3 seconds.
Oh yeah, and the advertisements are some of the best I've seen. Other companies and businesses will spend zillions on their super special commercials for the Superbowl, Irn Bru is just like that all the time.

Bottom line: Irn *&^%ing Bru is the single best thing that goes into your mouth, and I'm also including air on that list.

Formica Archonis

Anonymous Source
Nov 13, 2009
bullet_sandw1ch said:
can you mail me some? in canada we dont have that supposed nectar of the gods.
Yes we do. Several drinks with the name, actually.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irn-Bru#Canada

Dec 14, 2009
RustlessPotato said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Don't be mad because of the snip !
]
Mr. Clarion, I search your wisdom and inquire information about this Bru. It sounds like it is a beverage casted straight down from the gods, It looks like pure energy from the Sun! Releasing this to the unprepared world surely will cause it to collapse, no ?

Oh how I long to taste this Bru, but I fear it would be to much for my weak mortal body. Surely only the Chosen Ones could stomach the Bru. If only I could, if only I could. How does one expose themselves to the Bru for the first time and be sure it will not kill them ?
Dude, s'all good.

Just drink it.

Kungfu_Teddybear

Legacy
Jan 17, 2010
Country
United Kingdom
Jesus, only Daystar could make a thread about Irn Bru and it would hit 6 pages long. So in the name of my English brother across the border I shall continue the discussion for shits and giggles, also because I'm bored.

So, anyone tried Irn Bru: Fiery?