Is anyone replaying any old games?

NeutralDrow

Mar 23, 2009
I replay my old Genesis and N64 games fairly often. Just to expedite things, for example, I have Dynamite Headdy, Ristar, and a few old Sonic games on Virtual Console.

I'm also playing a couple of old games for the first time: Pools of Darkness (PC RPG) and Knuckles' Chaotix (Sega 32X).

Silvertongue

Jul 2, 2008
I've honestly played through Fire Emblem 7 (the first stateside one) about seven times...I've honestly lost count, but I'm almost positive the number is close to that.

I prefer Sacred Stones simply because of the gameplay innovations, but I feel that the previous game had a better story, hands down.

Aaaaanyway...I still have the original copy of Fire Emblem I bought in 2003. That seems like an eternity ago.

Anyone else hung on to a game they loved for that long? [Mild topic change, unless people want to continue with the current one]

SpAc3man

Jul 26, 2009
I recently got the Commander Keen complete collection off Steam. Its just like I remembered :)

Soon I will play through Ratchet and Clank 1 for the hell of it too.

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
As I'm stuck at my parents house this weekend I've been playing my old PS2. Earlier I was playing Devil May Cry and God Of War. Good times!

Silvertongue

Jul 2, 2008
SpAc3man said:
I recently got the Commander Keen complete collection off Steam. Its just like I remembered :)

Soon I will play through Ratchet and Clank 1 for the hell of it too.
Never played a R&C game, barely played any Jak & Daxter/Jak games...I was a late PS2 owner. I'm still experiencing a lot of things for the first time.

the protaginist

Jul 4, 2008
I wouldn't exactly call this old, but i am going back through Red Dead Redemption.

On a slighty older note, i'm playing through Pokemon Leaf Green again, with a party so far consisting of a Bulbasaur, Pidgey, Mankey, a Pikachu, and a Beedrill which i am considering boxing as it's terrible.

Crapster

Aug 6, 2009
BelmontClan said:
Silvertongue said:
Hazy said:
Super Castlevania IV to tide me over until Lords of Shadow drops in price.

You might know SCIV as the Castlevania game with the best rendition of Bloody Tears. You know it's true.
It also introduced Simon's Theme. That song gives me a total Eargasm.
To me it's a toss up which soundtrack is the best: Super Castlevania IV or Symphony of the Night

As to games that I've replayed, I'll pop in Symphony every so often. I'm working on FF8 now, not as a replay but as a game I've had since it first came out and never passed. It's the oldest game I currently own that I haven't passed. I know it's broken but I've been enlightened by the "Squall's Dead" theory so I'm playing through just to see if it's true.
I've actually been on a severe Castlevania binge recently. I'm playing Symphony of the Night (just made it to the inverted Castle) and Super Castlevania IV (just got past the clock tower.) Castlevania is a fantastic series of games. I'm surprised that It took me so long to get to them! I gotta say, I do have a lot of remixes from SCIV and SOTN on my iPod now... I hear the little reprise of Simon's Theme when you beat a level in my head whenever I do anything triumphant. What a great game.

IrradiatedFish

Sep 24, 2010
Silvertongue said:
GoldenEyes said:
Silvertongue said:
Hazy said:
It also introduced Simon's Theme. That song gives me a total Eargasm.
This game had a phenomenal soundtrack period. My favourite is Forest of Monsters.
Rather ashamed to say I never played it all the way through. V.V
*Gasp!* Really? Well, you ought to get on that :p!

Personally, it may very well be my favourite in the series. Come to think of it, I sorta wanna replay it now ~_^

To reply to the main point of the topic though, I'm playing Wild Arms at the moment.

Everin

Apr 15, 2009
Killzone (the first one) on my PS2 and Metal Gear Solid on PS1. They are two games that are great no matter how many times I play through them. Plus Metal Gear solid gives you the choices that effect your gear and such later on, so that is pretty cool. Oh, and an old game called Star Wars Demolition. That games is the bomb, although i dont think many people played it.

Henry Michel Proust

Mar 9, 2010
From time to time I play original fallouts (that is FO1 and FO2), Planescape: Torment, Half-Life, System Shocks (if Win7 is in the right mood) and (but that's not really an old game) Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines.

Harlemura

Ace Defective
May 1, 2009
I was playing the Darkwing Duck NES game the other day through an online emulator thingy, which inspired me to look for my new avatar.
Never played the game before though, so it's not really replaying it.

But unless you count Assassin's Creed II and Modern Warfare 2 as "old games", I haven't recently been replaying anything.

...This post has been rendered invalid in terms of the original question. Yay!

Frotality

Oct 25, 2010
frankly thats all i play now; i got ff7 and ff8 on PC to replay, i replay baldurs gate 1 and 2, gamecube games, star fox 64, just got system shock 2 again and am working on getting it to work, will probably try to find dues ex after that...

looking for used xbox versions of beyond good & evil and psychonauts, looking forward to that commodore64 RPG theyre about to finally release... until the gaming industry gets its shit back together and starts making games for gamers and not children and housewives again, im more than happy to surround myself with old favorites that still entertain me 100x more than CoD ever will.

Tanis

The Last Albino
Aug 30, 2010
I do this all the time, thank you digital game play.

Last 'old game' I played was Masters of Orion 2.
Great game.

Teh_Dave

Sep 21, 2010
Bought Populous the beginning and ff8 of the playstation network so thats my nostalgia for this year.

ZomBees33

Nov 19, 2010
Just downloaded Twisted Metal: Head-On from the PSN store for my PSP. Not in preparation of anything in particular, it's just cheap enough ($9.99) and I had some serious road rage after getting stuck in traffic this afternoon. I work at a communications company affiliated with Sony, so I guess I had an unfair advantage in flipping through an index of titles to download though.

TheYellowCellPhone

Sep 26, 2009
The original Quake.

I shat brix of happiness when I found there is a free Flash version [http://www.xgenstudios.com/play/quake-flash] of it.

DistinctlyBenign

Dec 24, 2008
Daystar Clarion said:
Vampire the Maquerade: Bloodlines.

Going through a run right now with my Malkavian, I can't really play with any other character because of how hilarious the dialogue is...

Stop sign: ...

Malk: No, You stop.

Malk: YOU STOP!

Malk: AHHH STOP!

Malk: You've made a powerful enemy this day, sign.
Ah. Much fun to be had.

My first character was a Malk. My friend had never rolled one and had no idea what I was talking about half the time. Then he came over and watched me play and was shocked at the difference.

But sadly, every other race is boring when you've been a Malk. More sane maybe, but boring.

ON TOPIC: Not at the moment, but am considering playing the first 2 fallout's since I beat New Vegas and they are for cheap on steam. Maybe.

vivalahelvig

Jun 4, 2009
I have a quite unknown one!
Noone Lives Forever
Rise of the Triad
Shadow Warrior
Ricochet
Proyect - Z

If you can match all those up, you get one(1) Non-refundable Cookie!

KaZZaP

Aug 7, 2008
I recently beat the first Zelda game and I am currently playing threw the second. Zelda 2 is HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD!

MrGalactus

Elite Member
Sep 18, 2010
Just finished Ratchet and Clank 1 again. Riight now I'm playing CoD4 again and I know a lot of people that are playing Zork