Is Skyrim promoting bestiality?

CD-R

Mar 1, 2009
Fun fact Skyrim was not the first Elder Scrolls game with a romance quest.

Anyone remember Ahnassi?

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Ahnassi

That was the first and only romance quest in the Elder Scrolls series.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
Are you saying Argonians and Khajiit are animals? That's extremely racist...what's wrong with you?

Snarky comments aside, the point is that they're not animals, it's not bestiality. They're simply humanoids with animal traits, which in-world are considered to (arguably) be equal to human. In-world, it's no different to standard race types, such as the Argonians being akin to Indians, or the Khajiit being akin to Chinese. That's all.

Out-of-world, they're still not animals, just animal-influenced. So basically, my answer is no. Not unless you're really digging deep for the claim.

Rynozeros

I'm on a boat
May 13, 2009
scnj said:
Is it technically any worse than romancing Liara in Mass Effect?
Nope nor Tali nor Garrus nor any other game that allows humans to marry/romance anything other than humans.

TakeyB0y2

A Mistake
Jun 24, 2011
I wouldn't call it bestiality just because they're non-human, they're still sapient after all. Inter-species would be more accurate.

CrystalShadow

don't upset the insane catgirl
Apr 11, 2009
I wouldn't call being allowed to marry an intelligent species as promoting bestiality.

It's inter-species romance, but how is that different from say... A human-elf relationship?

These aren't animals. They're intelligent, tool-using species.

Thinking of them as animals is akin to the, technically true but rarely considered fact that human being are a species of great ape.

So... Monkey-cat relations anyone? ;p

ShindoL Shill

Truely we are the Our Avatars XI
Jul 11, 2011
Nudu said:
Oh god the furries.
you do realise that playing as a khajit or argonian in any previous game would count as furrying it up. adding yiff is a pretty logical next step. and by this logic, gay people are going to be the biggest fans evar too.

twistedheat15 said:
I'm going gay lizard on cat and idc what anyone thinks! Only homosexual inter-species beastility can hold my interest in 2011's!
HOORAI!

and i dont even think this would count as beastiality, because they're probably more human than animal. its probably genetically closer to fucking someone from a different racial background than someone from a different species.

ZeroMachine

Oct 11, 2008
I doubt I'll get married at all (I usually DESPISE video game romances, as on average they're worse than movies) so it won't exactly bother me.

PissOffRoth

Jun 29, 2010
pulse2 said:
So apparently you can marry in Skyrim, this news is old now, you can marry same sexes too! This news is also old now. But has anyone stopped to think about the animal races marrying humans? :/ Now of course I'd love to demonstrate my male ego by playing as a Tiger, therefore the Khajiit perfectly represents what I'm about :D But there's something a little strange about marrying a female lizard (argonian) or heck even a human species :/ Will I ever get used to this? Will you ever get used to this? What do you think?

(Lets not get all serious, I really don't care that much, just thought it would be an entertaining topic)

-_- Lizard wife in a pink dress with lipstick on, horrifying mental image.

I just know there's a bestiality forum somewhere on the internet talking about how exciting this news is, lol
Not bestiality, inter-species erotica. Bestiality is just when you act like animals. Inter-species erotica is when one of you actually is an animal.

Bags159

Mar 11, 2011
OP, you do know what bestiality is, right?

Hint: it's not boning consenting sentient animal people.

DannyHale09

Sep 6, 2009
The only thing morally wrong with bestiality is the lack of choice for the animal.
This creatures are of the same intelligence as us and can say yes or no so there is nothing wrong with it at all..

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
Lusty Argonian Maid anyone? I'm going to get me one of them. :D
I'm going to be an handsome Argonian rogue, so it's all good for me.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Firstly their humanoid, I wouldn't call it bestiality.
Secondly both Morrowind and Oblivion had strip clubs in them and I'm nearly certain there were Kajiiti dancers in them.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
So... I can play as an anthropomorphic tiger and get it on with a gay lizard?

Finally! The perfect game just for me!

weker

May 27, 2009
pulse2 said:
weker said:
Promoting is an extreme word to use. allowing yes, promoting? their not shouting you should go bang animals for points XD. As one of the guys above me stated OMG the furries will be scary.
Maybe so, but it puts across the point I'm making quite well. We know it's allowing us to do it otherwise it wouldn't be a topic, but it wants you to have a lizard wife / tiger husband o_O Step out of your comfort box a little yaknow? Go on, take a chance, how bad can tiger lizard children be?
Your reminding me very much of fox news atm XD

Mordax227

Jun 3, 2010
This isn't bestiality... Bestiality or zoophilia is:"...the practice of sex between humans and non-human animals..." So if the game let you have sex with your horse, then that would be bestiality... and weird... (I remember there was a trick in Oblivion to use your horse as a container... so that just adds to the whole weirdness of it... Thankfully, the Internet is bereft of such imagery!)

What you're talking about is relationships between sentient species. So furry sex... which I've nothing against. As long as a relationship is between two consenting adults, I don't see why there should be a problem with it, be it same sex or between members of one "species" and another. I mean, most people don't have problem with humans and elves doing it, so why would it be a problem if one of the species is Argonian or Khajiit?

Whatever floats your boat, right?

(Of course, if you really want to get down to it, there could be some "issues" with some "species" coupling... depending on how they reproduce, their genetalia and the rest of their biology. But I doubt anyone making a triple "A" RPG would give any thought to such esoteric subjects... and we should be thankful for that!)