Is Skyrim promoting bestiality?

A-D.

Jan 23, 2008
How can Skyrim be promoting Beastiality? I mean Bethesda isnt forcing anyone to marry some NPC, let alone from a totally different Race. Thats like claiming that Bethesda promotes Gay Marriage by allowing you the Option of marrying a NPC of the same Gender.

And lets be honest, if there was a Feature where you could marry a NPC, but were limited to only opposite Gender and the same Race as your Character, People would take offense to that more so than simply because the Option exists to marry some random NPC in the Game, a Option which isnt enforced and as far as we know, doesnt even have any Advantages or Disadvantages for using that Option or not using it.

Some People kinda go out really far on random Options within a game and see stuff that aint there. What is this? Fox News here?

ChupathingyX

Jun 8, 2010
No because they're not animals, they're sentient humanoids with animal like features.

It's just that simple, no reason for discussion.

TheCommie12

Feb 25, 2011
you are judging a game based on your own anglochristian mores. put that aside, and remember this is a fantasy game and not based on this corporate nightmare we call reality

silasbufu

Aug 5, 2009
Well not really since it's optional. The game just gives you freedom in case you really are into that shit.

cybran

Jun 15, 2010
Generic_Username said:
scnj said:
Is it technically any worse than romancing Liara in Mass Effect?
Who even romanced Liara? I never got the appeal, she kinda creeped me out.
I romanced her... her blue ass was actually rather appealing.

Titan Buttons

Apr 13, 2011
Having a feature available to use is different then it being promoted or even necessary, such as stealth in Deus Ex, it's there but it can be completely ignored

LuckyClover95

Jun 7, 2010
Jedamethis said:
Lusty Argonian Maid anyone? I'm going to get me one of them. :D
I'm going to be an handsome Argonian rogue, so it's all good for me.
Aha those books! Made me laugh so much... I remember something about how cleaning the masters sword would take all night because it was so long :D

The Cheshire

May 10, 2011
I had a khajiit character in Oblivion, and I actually downloaded that dirty mod with the big titted-ladies having some sort of crazed sex-sect, with all the kinky animations and the gigantic boobs. Funny thing, the textures didn't quite match well with the models for some buggy mod reason, and women had the texture for their vagina in some place near her asses.

So it was a cat dude humping deformed women.

It was hilarious.

teniz

Sep 5, 2011
the whole furry fetish freaks me out a little. that said, furry fetishists will be pretty pumped on skyrim by the sounds of it! =P

alj

Master of Unlocking
Nov 20, 2009
pulse2 said:
So apparently you can marry in Skyrim, this news is old now, you can marry same sexes too! This news is also old now. But has anyone stopped to think about the animal races marrying humans? :/ Now of course I'd love to demonstrate my male ego by playing as a Tiger, therefore the Khajiit perfectly represents what I'm about :D But there's something a little strange about marrying a female lizard (argonian) or heck even a human species :/ Will I ever get used to this? Will you ever get used to this? What do you think?

(Lets not get all serious, I really don't care that much, just thought it would be an entertaining topic)

-_- Lizard wife in a pink dress with lipstick on, horrifying mental image.

I just know there's a bestiality forum somewhere on the internet talking about how exciting this news is, lol
Quite before someone at FOX News hears you.

In all reality its not what you think it is they are just another race not a mindless animal, no different than Mass Effect just less blue.

KaizokuouHasu

May 19, 2011
thebobmaster said:
KaizokuouHasu said:
pulse2 said:
-Snip-
But in Mass Effect everyone surprisingly speaks perfect english, how convenient, must make interplanetary relations that much easier, they can tell us they plan to destroy our planet and we won't be surprised about it when they do because we couldn't understand them and thought they were coming in peace :D
I think they said something about a translator thingy being plugged into your ear or tooth or something. Very convenient, because if that's the case, what happens when they run out of battery? Can they be hacked and tampered with to translate wrong on purpose?

Ugh!
According to the Codex, it is translated to Galactic through the omni-tool. At least, I think that's what it says in the first game.

Also, I feel far more comfortable thinking about Nord/Argonian than I am thinking about Shepard/Garrus. And I did the latter in Mass Effect 2, so...
You make a good point. That said; I'm wary of Shep/Tali relation as well. Both Tali and Garrus apparently are allergic to human DNA and humans are allergic to theirs. Any real physical intimacy will make both parties ill as hell. This is especially true to Tali who goes into supper allergic fever and pus reaction after you bed her (I feel bad for even trying).

That said, if I had to pick between Argonian or Khajiit I would go for the furry one. They seem more soft to the touch so to speak.

Leoofmoon

Aug 14, 2008
Aprently you never played any elder scrolls game, theres always been the tiger and lizard people (i forgot there names) and there where a few charaters who where difrent races and marryed. really you need to grow up! becuase someones a diffrent race dosnt mean its wierd! just because someone marryed a lizard person or tiger person dosnt mean its a furry convention or some other stupide thing, you kids need to lurn to get your mind out of the gutter AND GROW THE HECK UP!

Nuclear Pancake

Aug 29, 2009
Bestiality implies that the organism has no sentience and is a 'beast', thus it is rape.

Whereas having sex with another sentient being of another species is different, though i don't think there is a term for it.

Floppertje

Nov 9, 2009
apart from the fact that they're not 'promoting' anything...
if anyone really is stupid enough to take cues from games on that level, well... I say, go ahead.
seriously. fine with me. go ahead and HAVE SEX WITH A FUCKING TIGER!!!

KaizokuouHasu

May 19, 2011
SirBryghtside said:
No, for the same reason that having sex with consenting adults isn't paedophilia. Argonians and Khajiit are sapient, animals are not.

(according to the law, under the age of 18 you aren't sapient. Never stated, but might as well be.)
Aw, lawd!! You had me in stitches there!

CD-R said:
Fun fact Skyrim was not the first Elder Scrolls game with a romance quest.

Anyone remember Ahnassi?

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Ahnassi

That was the first and only romance quest in the Elder Scrolls series.
SirBryghtside said:
More fun fact - they were going to involve romance way back in Daggerfall - in fact, BGS still have the disc which has the pixelly sex video on. Tastefully done, apparently.
Any idea where one would acquire this piece of pixel art?