Is Skyrim promoting bestiality?

Abengoshis

Aug 12, 2009
Instead of promoting bestiality, how about it's promoting equality no matter what you look like?

KaizokuouHasu

May 19, 2011
SirBryghtside said:
KaizokuouHasu said:
SirBryghtside said:
More fun fact - they were going to involve romance way back in Daggerfall - in fact, BGS still have the disc which has the pixelly sex video on. Tastefully done, apparently.
Any idea where one would acquire this piece of pixel art?
In a cupboard in Bethesda, Maryland :p
Bugger. I'm not passing by that way any time soon. ¬_¬
Think they'll publish it if we ask nicely?

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
The whole problem with bestiality is that it's not an intelligent being and can't consent (also, sexing unintelligent living things is just icky to most people).

These are not animals in Skyrim. For the love of god, they speak fucking English (or whatever fantasy language label the Elder Scrolls slaps on English (probably "Common", or "Standard", or "Basic", or some other bland, generic name)).

honestdiscussioner

Jul 17, 2010
Unequivocally, NO. Certainly not in any meaningful sense. There are two reasons bestiality is wrong: 1. The animal cannot truly consent, since our ability to communicate with animals is limited. 2. The animals are not smart enough to know about better.

The reason this is totally okay in Skyrim, is that the lizard and cat people are just that . . people . . they are sentient, can make their own decisions, can say no, can say yes. We've never had any problem with sci-fi inter-species sex. In deep space 9 Judzeia (a Tril) and Warf (I don't have to tell you he's Klingon) get it on, and she even gets pregnant. Nothing wrong with that?

The issue is sentience.

TheDarkestDerp

Dec 6, 2010
Hagi said:
Personally I'd be more concerned with Skyrim promoting genocide, seeing the amount of people I generally kill in a playthrough.

I think possible bestiality is rather low on my list of things I do in Skyrim that would be morally questionable in real life.
THIS is awesome, thank you. Very akin to my feeling on how many people had their knickers in a twist over Duke Nukem's "capture the babe" mode. "So, killing hordes of faceless enemies is okay, but slapping a stripper on the ass is going too far?" (And, having been a stripper who's had her ass slapped, I can keenly say video games had nothing to do with influencing those guys' behaviour.) It often seems to me poeple get their priorities a bit out of whack on issues like these, yes?

quantumsoul

Jun 10, 2010
Last I checked reptiles don't have the right parts for sex with mammalian creatures so that pairing shouldn't work unless Argonians somehow got the equipment. I think in the lore Kadjit are closely related to elves and orcs so it more like bumping uglies with a primitive human species like a homo erectus.

Saviordd1

Jan 2, 2011
Giest4life said:
I haven't played Skyrim, but what if it is promoting bestiality?

I might try a PC demo if it is available on Steam just check that feature out.
You might be waiting a while, there will be no demo.

Generic_Username said:
scnj said:
Is it technically any worse than romancing Liara in Mass Effect?
Who even romanced Liara? I never got the appeal, she kinda creeped me out.
Quite a few people, she has a very big fan base.

OT: My question is, does it really matter? Like at all?

Bigsmith

Mar 16, 2009

Have you ever heard of furries before? We've been around for a while.

Hagi

Apr 10, 2011
TheDarkestDerp said:
Hagi said:
Personally I'd be more concerned with Skyrim promoting genocide, seeing the amount of people I generally kill in a playthrough.

I think possible bestiality is rather low on my list of things I do in Skyrim that would be morally questionable in real life.
THIS is awesome, thank you. Very akin to my feeling on how many people had their knickers in a twist over Duke Nukem's "capture the babe" mode. "So, killing hordes of faceless enemies is okay, but slapping a stripper on the ass is going too far?" (And, having been a stripper who's had her ass slapped, I can keenly say video games had nothing to do with influencing those guys' behaviour.) It often seems to me poeple get their priorities a bit out of whack on issues like these, yes?
Pretty much yeah...

I mean I get that it's a bit confusing at times.

It used to be real easy. You look, act and dress one way and everyone who looks, acts or dresses differently you kill on sight. Which is of course perfectly acceptable behaviour, survival of the fittest and all that. Vital skills to teach our children, no doubt.

Then there's some games that are getting all morally ambiguous. You can't just kill everyone who looks differently on sight any more, no you actually have to talk to them! Can you imagine that? Talking? Imagine if our children's first reaction was to talk? God... the horrors!

And then there's games like this that are totally crossing the line. Not only can you talk to these... 'people' but there's also the option to love and marry them? I understand that's just going too far for some people, you need some serious moral fibre not to be corrupted by such notions. Can you imagine this world if not only did we talk to everyone but there was also occasional love? I shudder to think of it.

liquidsolid

Feb 18, 2011
Well the Argonians and the Kajit aren't "Animals" the same way a dog or a pig is an animal. They are sentient and civilized and have the ability to give consent. I see nothing wrong with it morally, but I still usually play as humanoids and my character would most likely marry a nice Nord girl.

majes

Oct 12, 2009
According to a few in-game books, Argonians seem to be popular prostitutes in Tamriel, so this idea really isn't anything new. In Morrowind just read "The Lusty Argonian Maid" and Book 3 of "The Wolf Queen" to see what I'm talking about.

Impluse_101

Jun 25, 2009
KaizokuouHasu said:
Short answer:
Yes.

It depends on how you look at it. Argonian and Kajiit are animal, no doubt. They can't bare human children, and vice versa, humans can't bare Kajiit or Argonian children (don't argonians lay eggs?). Where this occurs we can safely call it inter-species breeding. So, yes, it would be bestiality with the added difference that the beast in question can actually give informed consent. I think we'll see much more Rule 34 on the Elder Scolls after this - unless Bethesda intends to sue for infringing, that is.

questionnairebot said:
WHY CAN'T I FIND IT!!!! lol.

Finally my dreams will come true of a Dark elf and a Orc having a baby...yay.
What would we call such a hybrid? A Dorc? Dorc Elf?

Hehehehehehehehehehheheheheh

Jedamethis

Jul 24, 2009
LuckyClover95 said:
Jedamethis said:
Lusty Argonian Maid anyone? I'm going to get me one of them. :D
I'm going to be an handsome Argonian rogue, so it's all good for me.
Aha those books! Made me laugh so much... I remember something about how cleaning the masters sword would take all night because it was so long :D
Implies it was rather dirty though, doesn't it. :p

GamerLuck

Questionably Opinionated
Jul 13, 2009
Hagi said:

THIS

OT: I personally am not going to be setting up any furry/scaley relationships, but if someone else wants to, let them have at it. It's their choice.

Now if you had to marry some argonian prince/cess as part of the story, then I would have a problem.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
Of course not. What a ridiculous thought. Khajiiti and Argonians are sapient people. Not the same species, but they're not animals. It's like saying the aliens in Mass Effect aren't people and fucking them is bestiality. No, actually it's even worse since Khajiiti and Argonians come from the same world as humans and elves.

Eumersian

Posting in the wrong thread.
Sep 3, 2009
No, it is not. The main issue I know of with bestiality is that it is a form of animal cruelty. That is to say, if a guy screws a dog, there is no way of determining whether or not the dog was consenting because nobody speaks dog, and the dog can't tell anyone that is was consented after the deed is done because nobody speaks dog.

In the case of Skyrim, the "beast" races are just as sentient and reasonable as any of the races of man or mer. No animal cruelty, no problem.

Don Reba

Bishop and Councilor of War
Jun 2, 2009
honestdiscussioner said:
We've never had any problem with sci-fi inter-species sex. In deep space 9 Judzeia (a Tril) and Warf (I don't have to tell you he's Klingon) get it on, and she even gets pregnant. Nothing wrong with that?
Strictly speaking, the fact that Trills and Klingons can bear common offspring means that they are the same species - just by the definition of the term. What they are is different subspecies.

honestdiscussioner

Jul 17, 2010
Don Reba said:
honestdiscussioner said:
We've never had any problem with sci-fi inter-species sex. In deep space 9 Judzeia (a Tril) and Warf (I don't have to tell you he's Klingon) get it on, and she even gets pregnant. Nothing wrong with that?
Strictly speaking, the fact that Trills and Klingons can bear common offspring means that they are the same species - just by the definition of the term. What they are is different subspecies.
Not really. First off, I think it required some medical intervention to make it work, and since they share no common ancestor, they can't be the same species. If that were real, there would be no way two species from different planets with that are so obviously different would be able to naturally procreate.