Is there a developer who has never failed you?

Ciarang

Elite Member
Dec 4, 2008
rockytheboxer said:
Bioware and Valve come to mind for me.
Pretty much this, I can't think of any other developers who haven't failed me yet.

Jamienra

Nov 7, 2009
thats really really difficult. but seeing as ive only played two valve games and there both amaznig. i choose them

EDIT: and double fine. created two of the greateset games known to man

Chipperz

Apr 27, 2009
I can't, off the top of my head, think of a bad Volition game. Rockstar would also be up there if it wasn't for the whole "Manhunt" thing...

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Nope.

Valve arsed up Steam's opening month. Plus their loose interpretation of delivering a game on time, plus random item drops. Although in their defense they usually fix things when they screw up and they listen to their players, dear God I wish more devs did that.

Rare went down the tubes after the M.Soft buyout.

Turbine, well, besides that thing Turbine are actually pretty damn good. Can't fault their game support at all, so maybe Turbine.

Also Psygnosis, I liked every game they made, shame they got closed down, Wipeout hasn't been the same since.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
So far I'm going to have to go with Bioware, Bethesda, and Gamefreaks

Bioware: Star Wars KOTOR, KOTOR II, Mass Effect and, Dragon Age: Origin

Bethesda: Call of Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth, Elder Scrolls III & IV, Fallout 3

Gamefreaks: Pokemon Red, Yellow, Silver, Sapphire, Diamond, Pearl, Platinum and, Soul Silver

dark_taint92

That's Cap'n Taint to you
Jan 26, 2009
Furburt said:
Valve!

I wuv them so.
VALVE!
valve have yet to fail me, hl,hl2,hl2ep1,hl2ep2,tf2,portal,l4d,l4d2,hl2ep3? The list goes on I cant wait for what valve brings out next.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
Naughty Dog, even though I am a bit sore about their desition with Jak and Daxter.

Siris

Everyone's Favorite Transvestite
Jan 15, 2009
Nippon Ichi Software has never done me down.

NIS of America? Maybe not so much

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
Bioware, if I look past the fact that they didn't make Neverwinter Nights 2, but Obsidian did.

Oh, and so far I enjoy ATLUS games. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 and Devil Survivor so far. And SMT: Online, but it's F2P, so it's not that enjoyable as the RPGs.

Still, I have yet to play a Bioware game I didn't instantly fall in love with.