Is there anything that you will refuse to do in a game?

CrashBang

Jun 15, 2009
deathstrikesquirrel said:
I couldn't nuke megaton, something to me felt that was so abhorrent.
This.
I also struggle to play as evil Cole in inFamous. I see people dying in the street and just wanna heal them, but I'm doing evil Cole for the trophies and to see the other powers and different elements of the story

annoyinglizardvoice

Apr 29, 2009
I'm not a big fan of playing stuff where you've got to be the bad guy in a really silly, cliched, kick-the-dog way, it just seems pointless and childish. I do however love games where you get to play a really psyco good guy, the sort who never hurts a civie, but is horrifically brutal towards the Nazis/chavs/satanists/politicians/whatever.
I find I tend to feel guiltier about killing monsters than I do about killing humans. Monsters might just be following instincts and not know any better, but I know humans are dicks.

I try to avoid feeding off the civies/captives on any of the soul reaver/blood omen games.
I can never play a game where your character is some sort of chav/gangsta, purly because of my intense hatred of the mentality.
I never hand over an innocent (morally) character to a corrupt authority or sell said character into slavery.

I would never buy a game where your character is capable of raping someone, but there is an off chance of exception being made if there was a game where you play some sort of fierce amazon warrior who forces herself on a defeated (male) opponent (as long as that was not the entire focus of the game).

For some reason, I always tried to avoid fighting Morgan the Turtle on Dark Savior if I could.

Fallingwater

Mar 20, 2009
Knonsense said:
I don't engage in child killing in Fallout or Fallout 2
I don't usually do that either, but not because they're kids - I can't bring myself to hurt innocent characters, whatever their age may be. This obviously means that I never play as an evil character if I have a choice, though I don't mind being evil in games that are about being evil (i.e. Prototype, or the old Dungeon Keepers).

I did blow the Den's thieving little bastards sky high, though. I was tired of having stuff disappear from my inventory, and exasperation finally had the best of me, so I planted armed explosives in their inventories.

LINKXIII

Apr 18, 2009
In games with morale choice I always do something evil unless I get something for free...... Then I kill the Person who gave me the item

Gerazzi

Feb 18, 2009
Oh, from the title I thought it was those moments where you drop the controller because the game was too damn annoying.
You know that vehicle section in the Jak and Daxter game where you have to go through those hoops, well after ten attempts or so "to hell with it" I just went to the snow area, activated the yellow eco and got that power cell instead.

But if it's ones where you have pure disgust for it, I'm gonna say
Dantes Alaska said:
homosexual marriage/intercourse (fable 1&2)
Yes, you yaoi fangirls, Gerazzi is straight.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it but I just don't want to see it.

Dantes Alaska

Jan 31, 2009
Gerazzi said:
Oh, from the title I thought it was those moments where you drop the controller because the game was too damn annoying.
You know that vehicle section in the Jak and Daxter game where you have to go through those hoops, well after ten attempts or so "to hell with it" I just went to the snow area, activated the yellow eco and got that power cell instead.

But if it's ones where you have pure disgust for it, I'm gonna say
Dantes Alaska said:
homosexual marriage/intercourse (fable 1&2)
Yes, you yaoi fangirls, Gerazzi is straight.

I don't think there's anything wrong with it but I just don't want to see it.
Same, the world would be a horrible place without them, just dont try and get me in your bed dude

MetalBride

Apr 20, 2009
I built fences around the sheep birds, deer etc in age of empires and when i played against my brother that's the first thing he went for he didn't care about anything else he just wanted to kill the poor animals =[ and send mean messages about him killing them.. and people wonder why i went vegetarian :D

MikeOfThunder

Jul 11, 2009
deathstrikesquirrel said:
I couldn't nuke megaton, something to me felt that was so abhorrent.
Hahaha!! I actually agree! I found myself saving doing it then feeling somewhat guilty about bombing a virtual city so reloaded ha!

I find it difficult to play evil characters. Usually just go good... its a curse...

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
ElephantGuts said:
Killing people just for the hell of it. Maybe it's just for the sake of immersion, but I don't just shoot someone I see just because I can. Or maybe it's because I'm a good person. I don't know.
I don't know if I can say I truly follow this tenant. In many games I've tried and failed to kill innocent people - sometimes you just want to see what limits are placed on your freedom. Often in games, killing innocent people has no real impact on your game. I defy someone to play saints row 2 for more than a few minutes without even accidentally harming a random passerby. When I see a car I want to steal, I shoot the driver. Such a death was never decreed by necessity, but rather simple convenience. It's easier to shoot the driver than to chase the car and try to steal it, and thanks to the laughably small penalty for such barbarity I feel there is no reason not to.

But, in some games there is a actually an attempt to make me feel something for those simple animated AI loops. Sure, I might go on a rampage from time to time - this is usually done in such a way that I can readily recover a save. In Fable 2, I murdered the population of Bowerstone because I wanted to see what I'd like like if I was simply oozing evil (not as sweet as the box makes it seem). When I was dissapointed, I reloaded the game and continued on being a lovable hero who could do no wrong in the world.

ioxles

Nov 25, 2008
I could never bring myself to throw a prinny at an enemy in disgea, don't know why it just never seemed like the right thing to do . . . on the other hand, I've never had any qualms destroying entire cities in Rome total war just cause they showed some resistance or were in gaul (there will be no france in my rtw future kingdom). It's not that I don't like the french, well, It's just that I wanted to see how a spot of ethnic cleansing felt.

in bg1 and 2 I could never bring myself to not let Imoen join my group, it felt like I was kicking a puppy. didn't really bother resurrecting her (or any other character) if they died though, never felt it was worth the gold, except Minsc, of course.

IamQ

Mar 29, 2009
In most rpgs when they ask you something I always respon with the nice answers, I always feel bad if I for no reason call them a dick when their offering allegance (just an example).

Nazulu

They will not take our Fluids
Jun 5, 2008
You are definitely pathetically innocent.

I refuse to read shit dialogue, do tiring motion (Wii) control waving to make something work and listen to bad music in games.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
Be 100% loyal to my sims partner. All that gibber jabbah and constantly burning dinner is enough to make any sims eye wander. I try though, like okay gonna have a normal family have kids go to work, do a few generations.... Then like 3 hours in all bets are off, and my life is ruined by jealousy and bastard children.

sms_117b

Keeper of Brannigan's Law
Oct 4, 2007
If you can do it in a game, the chances are if I've played it, I've done it, it's just a game.