Is this morally bad?

deathzero021

Feb 3, 2012
Mazza35 said:
That I am joining the Army because I actually want to get away from everyone and blow shit up, kill people and chew bubble gum?
I think it, but I love the idea so much of going to war and fucking people up with bullets and knives...
pretty damn digusting... but i like it!

it's not the life i would choose but hell, do whatever makes you happy. joining the army is the only job you can murder someone and be called a hero for it. And sometimes i hate humans so much even i wouldn't mind killing a few.

tjbond911

Sep 19, 2010
Ginger768 said:
tjbond911 said:
To be honest the reason that you are joining the army and the fact some people join the army for the same reason is the reason Pat Tillman got killed....
Huh? I though Tillman was responding to the 9/11 attacks. Not due to Sadism.
No I'm talking about the soldier(s) who killed Pat Tillman

uhddh

Sep 27, 2011
Mazza35 said:
Just wouldn't go to the wars, WWII, drafting. Working as a public servant (Railways) except from draft.
Just because we live longer doesn't mean we live better, everyone is getting fatty, lazier and so many people just sit and do nothing to contribute to society and still get money.
I really think those people should be killed. Unless they get off their lazy asses and work for the betterment of everyone.
You said before that you'd be going into the Australian army. Conscription never happened in Australia until the Vietnam war. Which you'd be too old to be drafted if you were born in 1912. If you were born then, You'd think society now is a much greater place. Unless you only had concious memories of the 1920s.

OT: Not only is your reasons for joining the Army morally and psychologically wrong, (oh, you're joking. That's ok then -.-) but so is your ideas for dealing with people who are unemployed. The dole is there for a reason. It's so people who don't have a job can survive while searching for one. The only reason people manipulate it's loopholes, is that it's been implemented poorly.

I vote you lock yourself in a large padded room with a mannequin, a butter knife and an airsoft gun. Go nuts.

Mazza35

Jan 20, 2011
uhddh said:
Mazza35 said:
Just wouldn't go to the wars, WWII, drafting. Working as a public servant (Railways) except from draft.
Just because we live longer doesn't mean we live better, everyone is getting fatty, lazier and so many people just sit and do nothing to contribute to society and still get money.
I really think those people should be killed. Unless they get off their lazy asses and work for the betterment of everyone.
You said before that you'd be going into the Australian army. Conscription never happened in Australia until the Vietnam war. Which you'd be too old to be drafted if you were born in 1912. If you were born then, You'd think society now is a much greater place. Unless you only had concious memories of the 1920s.

OT: Not only is your reasons for joining the Army morally and psychologically wrong, (oh, you're joking. That's ok then -.-) but so is your ideas for dealing with people who are unemployed. The dole is there for a reason. It's so people who don't have a job can survive while searching for one. The only reason people manipulate it's loopholes, is that it's been implemented poorly.

I vote you lock yourself in a large padded room with a mannequin, a butter knife and an airsoft gun. Go nuts.

No we had drafting in WWII, birth dates, drawn randomly.

alandavidson

Jun 21, 2010
Mazza35 said:
Wow, my inbox is full of quotes xD

I do know about wars, having studied history.
I think my troll was successful maybe? Not sure, oh well.
I am still joining the Army, but out of love for good ol' Australia, get some experience and some great money! :p
Also, a lot of people assume I am American, xD

EDIT: Also only joining as a reservist, finish off high school, see where it takes me. Might end up going full time, or pissing off to the Navy, get engineering job there.

The amount of lols in this thread is fun :D

Also, hate CoD, do not think war is like CoD at ALL. I know war is hell, I know there is no 're-spawning' I know one tiny bit a shrapnel can end it all.
The amount of backpedaling you have been doing is amazing. Every single thing you get called on, you respond with "Oh, I was just kidding."

So yeah, go for it, join the Army. I can tell you for a fact they will beat the living fuck out of you.

Have fun.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Morals are there to make you feel nad. Fuck morals, I'd more think about it ethically.

You're essentially saying "I wanna get paid to kill people" which is a MINEFIELD all on its own.

(man, fuck ethics. I'm a journalism student and ethics are all we talk ahout)

Captcha: run amok
Sounds like what the OP wants to do.

xPixelatedx

Jan 19, 2011
Well with that attitude it's no wonder there are always people willing to sign up to perpetuate conflict on this world.

CoL0sS

Nov 2, 2010
So you want to work out your frustrations by killing people and blowing shit up ? Don't we have video games for that ?
While I won't openly express my disdain (cause it would surely get me a lot of hate and inevitable ban), I say go right ahead ^^
and let natural selection do it's thing you crazy bastaOH NOES I DID IT AGAIN.

captcha: Never gonna give you up - rick rolled by captcha and I didn't even click on anything

Smeggs

Oct 21, 2008
Wanting to join just because you have the desire to kill people is bad, yes. If you wanted to kill them because, "AMMURIKAH, FUCK YEAH! PROTECT AND SERVE, BITCHES!" Then at least that'd make some sense through Patriotism.

The desire to just kill people for the simple sake of killing people, though? No.

Lopende Paddo

Aug 26, 2004
Mazza35 said:
That I am joining the Army because I actually want to get away from everyone and blow shit up, kill people and chew bubble gum?
I think it, but I love the idea so much of going to war and fucking people up with bullets and knives...
as long as you kill other people that love killing I don't see a problem. [thumbs up]
watch the civi's though...

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Enjoy boot camp. Then enjoy what war is actually like and try not to die. The army will make you groan at how dumb you were for asking this question, if you don't get killed or maimed.

Kolby Jack

Come at me scrublord, I'm ripped
Apr 29, 2011
Mazza35 said:
If you have to ask, it probably is... but still.

You and I certainly see things differently, yet we end up in similar situations it seems. I'm in the US military myself (Navy though) and I have absolutely no express interest in killing anyone. I mean, I'm not in a position where I'd ever have to directly (Navy afterall), but it's still more likely for me now than it was when I was a civilian. I also would rather be the kind of guy who doesn't bother worrying about whether he's contributing to society or not. Now, you may be asking, "why did this guy even join the military if he's such a nonviolent slacker?" Well, quite simply, I needed a job. Joining the Navy was the easiest option I had... other than probably joining the Air Force. But meh.

beastro

Jan 6, 2012
Mazza35 said:
You'll get this stupid mentality knocked out of you very quickly in basic.