Is this morally bad?

BeeGeenie

May 30, 2012
Sounds like you could have a very satisfying career in the military, or law enforcement. Just don't get carried away.
The difference between a psycho and a hero is that one always plays by the rules.

Although you may find, once you're actually in the field, that it's not quite the same as COD.

Feb 17, 2010
Mazza35 said:
"I am joining the Army because I actually want to get away from everyone and blow shit up, kill people and chew bubble gum?
I think it, but I love the idea so much of going to war and fucking people up with bullets and knives"...
Someone needs to play spec ops: the line or actually tell a real soldier this exact intention.

o_O

Jul 19, 2009
hazabaza1 said:
Oh man you're so hardcore. I wish I could be as hardcore as you.
Hey everyone, come look at how hardcore this guy it.
Damn, so hardcore.
I was gonna be all like "If they still do psych evaluations, you'll get canned for being a liability. Not to mention you'll spend 99.9% of your time doing horribly boring shit," but your responce is far superior. In fact, it's time to get some Neil deGrasse Tyson up in here.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Mazza35 said:
That I am joining the Army because I actually want to get away from everyone and blow shit up, kill people and chew bubble gum?
I think it, but I love the idea so much of going to war and fucking people up with bullets and knives...
"Those who kill should expect to be killed."
- Lelouch, Code Geass

Keep this in mind. Sure, you might enjoy war and killing. On the other hand, it could be a ***** and then you die. Just learn what you're getting into.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Mazza35 said:
That I am joining the Army because I actually want to get away from everyone and blow shit up, kill people and chew bubble gum?
I think it, but I love the idea so much of going to war and fucking people up with bullets and knives...
I'm no army expert but here goes...

This post sounds very juvenile and childish, like you're expecting it to be COD or you want to be like Rambo ... people line up and you knock 'em down.

I expect army training will remove that from you, from what I have seen the army like to break you down and build you up.

Do you honestly think that you would be cool, calm and collected being in a situation where anybody around you could start shooting at you? What about somebody shooting at you, bullets whizzing past your head ... are you going to be hugging your gun tightly thinking "why did I sign up for this?".

I assume the people accused of torturing and killing innocent people "for teh lolz" are also the same people with your mind set. I could be wrong but "I love the idea so much of going to war and fucking people up with bullets and knives" sounds like you're firmly in that camp but what the fuck do I know?

I'm not accusing you of anything just seriously think about it, instead of hyping it up.

chadachada123

Jan 17, 2011
If that's what you want to do, I say go for it. At least you'll be taking out these urges on (hopefully) people that deserve it rather than innocent people or common criminals (like many of the murderous thugs in police forces around the world today).

I'm a bit interested in what your deeper reasoning is for these urges, but it's possible that there just isn't a deeper reason.

To each their own, I say, so long as you're staying on the oral side of it.

Jake0fTrades

Jun 5, 2008
The world couldn't exist without people who are willing to do what's necessary, but you have to discipline yourself and make sure you distinguish between the innocent and the guilty.

Mazza35

Jan 20, 2011
Ginger768 said:
Go get 'em OP!

Whether it's you or the Child Molesting, Suicide bombing, Zealots that make up the people you'll be gunning for, I think the world will be a better place or at least won't be worse.

Although due to you sharing your feelings on this forum something tells me you're full of shit and just a venting vagina who will do nothing like this and just be an average boring loser of no worth.
I'm not toooo boring :p
I do fire steam locomotives and am a WWI re-enactor :D (Get to play with machine guns)

Mazza35

Jan 20, 2011
omega 616 said:
Mazza35 said:

This post sounds very juvenile and childish, like you're expecting it to be COD or you want to be like Rambo ... people line up and you knock 'em down.

I expect army training will remove that from you, from what I have seen the army like to break you down and build you up.

Do you honestly think that you would be cool, calm and collected being in a situation where anybody around you could start shooting at you? What about somebody shooting at you, bullets whizzing past your head ... are you going to be hugging your gun tightly thinking "why did I sign up for this?".

I assume the people accused of torturing and killing innocent people "for teh lolz" are also the same people with your mind set. I could be wrong but "I love the idea so much of going to war and fucking people up with bullets and knives" sounds like you're firmly in that camp but what the fuck do I know?

I'm not accusing you of anything just seriously think about it, instead of hyping it up.
Read my latest post :p

Ginger768

May 8, 2012
Mazza35 said:
Ginger768 said:
Go get 'em OP!

Whether it's you or the Child Molesting, Suicide bombing, Zealots that make up the people you'll be gunning for, I think the world will be a better place or at least won't be worse.

Although due to you sharing your feelings on this forum something tells me you're full of shit and just a venting vagina who will do nothing like this and just be an average boring loser of no worth.
I'm not toooo boring :p
I do fire steam locomotives and am a WWI re-enactor :D (Get to play with machine guns)
In that case go fuck some Muslim extremist up! Remember they may be people, but so were Hitler and Mussolini. You may not have valid reasoning for killing these people, but these people have fictional aka Religious reasoning for wanting to kill you and everyone you know! Don't let the Military break the sadist you are.

omega 616

Elite Member
May 1, 2009
Mazza35 said:
omega 616 said:
Mazza35 said:

Read my latest post :p
I did, after I posted but I left it unedited just in case there are others who read it who are of your mind set.

Chances of that are slim, I know but whatever

=D

tjbond911

Sep 19, 2010
To be honest the reason that you are joining the army and the fact some people join the army for the same reason is the reason Pat Tillman got killed....

Ginger768

May 8, 2012
tjbond911 said:
To be honest the reason that you are joining the army and the fact some people join the army for the same reason is the reason Pat Tillman got killed....
Huh? I though Tillman was responding to the 9/11 attacks. Not due to Sadism.

(sic) humor

Nov 19, 2009
"Is this morally bad?"

Well, yeah, a little bit. I hope real combat doesn't reinforce your (slightly juvenile) impression of how enjoyable killing. Actually, I'd rather there not be combat in the first place. And I'd be more disturbed if you kept that attitude after being in actual life-or-death situations.

This is coming from a dude who has never so much as thrown a punch. But god do I hope killing isn't as easy as TV makes it out to be...

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
I read a article about someone like that, about 6 months later he was dishonorably discharge. He than killed a woman (thats why he had an article). Not saying that second part will happen, but he basically went into it thinking he would be great for it, and ended up not ready to deal with the psychological aspect and snapped.

What to take away from this, stick to Call of Duty, if thats the attitude you are going into the army with, you wont last long...

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
Better other people withs guns and stuff expecting to get randomly killed than defenceless people in your own neighourhood.

But your probably going to be disappointed when you find out being in the army is pratically none of that.