is this romantic or creepy?

Smooth Operator

Oct 5, 2010
The song is a really long shot, real life isn't Hollywood and things can go horribly wrong.

Spilling your feeling on someone unexpectedly is a 9/10 chance you sentenced any possible relationship to death, trust me I did that alot, unless she is really really into you don't do that.

Zizzousa

Nov 30, 2010
darthotaku said:
So theres this girl I like. She wanted to start a band and I'm the only drummer she knows, because of that I'm in the band and I also was asked to write a song because I also happen to be good at that.
I then wrote a song describing my feelings for her, I would like to ask the people of the escapist if it would be wierd if I suggest we play that song during the next band meeting.

I didn't go so far as to use her name in the song, but everyone who sees the lyrics will figure it out.

so should I give her the song or not?

edit: nobody has yet to see the song so I don't have to bring it up if it's a bad idea

and the band is only starting to form really. right now it's just her on guitar, me on drums and possibly one of my friends on bass. if this doesn't work than it won't really disrupt the band.
If she figures out what it's about and isn't into you, it'll be hella awkward. But! If the song's good enough, and you have inklings that she might feel the same way about you, then go for it! Just so long as you've revised the song a couple of times and made sure it isn't shit.

wolf thing

Nov 18, 2009
Alphavillain said:
wolf thing said:
go for it. if she doesn't return your affection after the song then she wouldn't any way. also one of my old physics treachers told me this "fate favers the brave"
People only say that because they have regrets over not being more outgoing. People are generally conservative. If they were more outgoing, they'd regret most of what they did.
thats a bit cynical. im not saying be a idiot im saying if your going to ask this girl out then why not do so in way which is personal to you. saying that people would regret there actions is wrong.

RobfromtheGulag

May 18, 2010
In general the line between creepy and romantic is determined by the recipient.

Play the song and you'll determine quickly whether or not she's into you.

Jaime_Wolf

Jul 17, 2009
Bad idea.

Very, very bad idea.

What others said: you generally don't say you love someone unless you're in some sort of relationship (long-term friendship at the very, very least and even that's risking creeping the person out). Further, you really should just tell her rather than trying to concoct some elaborate plan to show your love. Finally, assuming the band has other people, this is going to be even more awkward for them and also for her.

Someone also mentioned "Fortune favors the bold.", but they got it wrong. Be bold: just talk to her. Trying to kind-of-sort-of tell her with a song is not being bold, it's just awkward.

Victor Cross

Feb 25, 2011
Bobic said:
Why not try telling her in a normal non-awkward way?
You could do that, or just make the song more sublte, so that it's not blaringly obvious that it's about her. that's what I'd do. Then again...I'm single...

ThreeWords

Feb 27, 2009
Let her know in a more conventional way first; people suddenly coming out with big gestures can be kinda worrying. If she takes you up on it, then you give her the song!

Jackhorse

Jul 4, 2010
EHHH Depends how good you think the song is :/

I would say steer clear but for a freind of mine who was going to go round to the house of a boy and tell him that she wasn't really interested and the kiss at the party was a mistake but then he played her his guitar and their several months into a healthy relationship.

Listen mate you know her better than we do. If you think she'll like it you damn well do it with sincerity and conviction and you don't let yourself down by mumbling or mincing the lyrics. If your worried she'll be creeped out think about other ways you can get it in the open.

EDIT: Good luck mate :)

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Bobic said:
Why not try telling her in a normal non-awkward way?
First post, well done.

Its not creepy, per se, but if she figures it out while its being sung or whatever, or everyone else does and she works it out from that, that is fucking awkward.

And cheesy as hell.

PunkyMcGee

A Clever Title
Apr 5, 2010
No that's the totally wrong direction.

But seriously though I'd agree with the majority: Tell her your feelings in private. Saying it in front of band mates is unneeded drama.

Kpt._Rob

Travelling Mushishi
Apr 22, 2009
Yeah, telling a girl who has no idea how you feel about her your feelings with a song is a pretty bad idea. I know it's hard sometimes, but just ask her out and build a relationship first. A song could make a really nice gift then. But if you haven't got any relationship investment built up before then, it'll seem really forward and probably be kind of off-putting.

Grimlock Fett

Apr 14, 2010
Could you tell us some of the lyrics? I have some in my head right now.

SINCE I FIRST SAW YOU, IVE ADOURED YOU
YOURE INSIDE MY HEAD NOW I WANT INSIDE OF YOU!!

^Anything like that and I'd say probably best not!

Captcha=Pscab john

Davey Woo

Jan 9, 2009
You could tell her that you wrote a song about her. Don't girls like that kind of thing, regardless I don't think telling a girl you like her using NOTHING but a song is a bit weird. Saying, something along the lines of, 'You inspired me to write this song blah blah blah' seems better.

Communist partisan

Jan 24, 2009
Do you know how creepy you will sound if you suddenly play a song about your feelings for a girl that don't have a clue about your feelings? Try asking her out and if it holds for more than a month show her the song, problem?

Kasper Gundersen

Oct 18, 2010
Well there is a fine line between romantic and creepy, but I think that this plan has it's tippy-toe on the creepy side of the line...
Yeah, the non-awkward way would perhaps be the best way to go at it...