Is This the Leaked Ending of the Next StarCraft 2?

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
nice to know blizz is as original as ever >.>
such a silly ending

Konaerix

May 19, 2010
I think its fake because of the TRANSFORMERS MUSIC IN THE BACKGROUND!!!
Think, why would Blizzard put the Transformers BGM in a clip? Even one as unrefined as this...sorry internet, but I swear that this isnt real.

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
What the heck is wrong with Blizzard recently?
So many leaks.

I mean Blizzard used to have a near leak free history. Starcraft 2 was kept completey in secert for 3 years, before they announced it. I remember lot of interveiw asking Blizzard how did they kept it quiet for so long, and there is even a Penny acrade comic on it.

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
Rednog said:
If that is the ending that's a really huge twist, I mean if the zerg are making a good/neutral turn then who are going to be the bad guys in the 3rd part of the story? Please don't tell me they're going to introduce a random new bad guy and make it a setup for Starcraft 3.
Did you play warcraft before?
Orc were the "bad guys" in Warcraft 1, 2.
and then in Warcraft 3 we found that we "misunderstood" them...
Exact same thing happened...

HT_Black

May 1, 2009
Hm. Either we've got a few really good soundalikes and few bored college kids, or some disgruntled animator having a last hurrah. Either way, it's a dissapointing conclusion.

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
cavalierchen28 said:
I don't buy it.

Spoiler Alert.

How can Kerrigan be back to her creepy Zerg self after the events of Wings of Liberty? Unless the three campaigns aren't meant to be told chronologically and are actually occurring simultaneously in the game world?
It might be placeholders.
Just like the music.
It is pretty high quality, just like what you would expect from Blizzard. The animation, the voice acting, the new models, all of them are pretty good for a rough work.
Even if it is a leak that doesn't means it will be seen in the final game, ton of the work didn't make it into Wing of liberty too. They might just be testing out some idea, however the amount of work went into the animation makes me doubt it a little.
By the way, this look very alike the other rough work that didn't made into the game showed at Blizzcon.
I'm going with "it is a leak".

Jaranja

Jul 16, 2009
Exort said:
So many leaks.

I mean Blizzard used to have a near leak free history. Starcraft 2 was kept completey in secert for 3 years, before they announced it. I remember lot of interveiw asking Blizzard how did they kept it quiet for so long, and there is even a Penny acrade comic on it.
Could you read through your post before confirming it, in the future?

Hmmm, it seems a lot like Warcraft III with the Orcs being the good guys.

Scde2

Has gone too far in a few places
Mar 25, 2010
No. Just no. Please don't be the ending.
I can't decide if that is real or fake.

Frostbite3789

Jul 12, 2010
It was as good as the ending to WoL. That means it was pretty awful. I just didn't enjoy the ending to WoL. After enjoying the entire game, the ending made me not even want to play the next two parts.

Quiet Stranger

Feb 4, 2006
Rednog said:
If that is the ending that's a really huge twist, I mean if the zerg are making a good/neutral turn then who are going to be the bad guys in the 3rd part of the story? Please don't tell me they're going to introduce a random new bad guy and make it a setup for Starcraft 3.
Can you say...."Xelnaga"???

IxionIndustries

Mar 18, 2009
Newfags be holdin' Blizz back.

Seriously, this is ridiculous. I don't care if it's a leaked vid or not, it makes no sense WHY they would be leaking shit in the first place. They have never once leaked anything.

Also:
Why the fuck is Kerrigan so nicey-nice all of a sudden? I do hope that she gives some bloody double-crossing in the end. Not the end of this expansion, but THE END. Honestly, not only has Blizz fucked their lore in WoW, but they've fucked it in Starcraft as well.

omicron1

Mar 26, 2008
Ohhhh, I get it now! Blizzard needs to set up all three races as "not chaotic evil" so that they can make World of Starcraft!

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
Jaranja said:
Exort said:
So many leaks.

Could you read through your post before confirming it, in the future?

Hmmm, it seems a lot like Warcraft III with the Orcs being the good guys.
Im not going to post the interview since it is too hard to find them (simply too many interview to search through).
The penny arcade comic:
http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2007/5/23/

Orc was enslaved by demons in Warcraft 1 and 2.
I didn't say Orc is the good guy, Im saying they aren't the bad guys.
Would you say Thrall is a bad guy?
Ok, maybe Hellscream is still a bad guy at some point in Warcraft 3 before he redeem himself but he was under demonic influence.
Just like what happened too the Zerg.
Some guy(Dark Voice/ Demons) controls Zerg/ Orcs and got misunderstood by Protoss, Terran/ Human. Later Protoss, Terran/ Some human found out that Zerg/ Orc didn't do those bad things by their will.
By the way, in outland before the demon controled Orcs, they were peaceful with the draenei for over 5000 years. Orc are often discribe as "noble", "honourable" in the novels and pretty much everywhere after Warcraft 3. And "noble" doesn't sound evil to me at all.
http://www.wowwiki.com/Orc
"To their enemies, they are brutal and fearsome opponents, without parallel in their ferocity and cunning. To their allies, they are noble and honorable, following the traditions of a rediscovered past."
-Introduction

Edit: Found one interview: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/18925251/ns/technology_and_science-games/
"How?d you manage to keep it secret for so long?

Well, Penny Arcade figured it out!

We keep games under code names and we teach developers to refer to games by their code name. And we?re just really careful about talking about the game internally. We don?t bring external folks through unannounced product areas. But I think even I?m surprised that we were able to keep it under wraps all the way to the end."

AlgarWolf

Nov 25, 2008
This looks like the real deal, I kinda regret watching it, but to be honest I'm a little more pumped for the next installment of the series. It looks like it very well might be more epic than the first, which is saying quite a bit.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
Whether it's real or not, it's what led up to this moment that is more important to me. Just because you know where you're going, it's how you'll get there that is the real adventure.

Those are my two cents of life.

Exort

Oct 11, 2010
Quiet Stranger said:
Rednog said:
Can you say...."Xelnaga"???
Everytime refered to Xel'naga is saying they are the "good guys"
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Xel%27naga
"The xel'naga cherished all life and refused to kill anything, not even the entity at KL-2."

That doesn't sound evil to me by any standard.

The bad guy is:
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Voice
or
http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Voice_in_the_Darkness_%28entity%29

The Voice in the Darkness is who Xel'naga lock in KL-2 (a planet in Starcraft).
He is said to possess the energy of the void alike dark templars, he can mind control even the protoss.

ark123

Feb 19, 2009
Exort said:
cavalierchen28 said:
I don't buy it.

Spoiler Alert.

How can Kerrigan be back to her creepy Zerg self after the events of Wings of Liberty? Unless the three campaigns aren't meant to be told chronologically and are actually occurring simultaneously in the game world?
It might be placeholders.
Just like the music.
It is pretty high quality, just like what you would expect from Blizzard. The animation, the voice acting, the new models, all of them are pretty good for a rough work.
Even if it is a leak that doesn't means it will be seen in the final game, ton of the work didn't make it into Wing of liberty too. They might just be testing out some idea, however the amount of work went into the animation makes me doubt it a little.
By the way, this look very alike the other rough work that didn't made into the game showed at Blizzcon.
I'm going with "it is a leak".
Yep me too.
This is their equivalent of a movie storyboard. The animation will be fancier, but the voice acting is good and the idea that the zerg are released from their eternal captivity (to the overmind, then kerrigan) in the end makes perfect sense.
If you've ever seen a a big movie that's on the latest stages of production, you know that sometimes they leave licensing music (or making a new one) as one of the last steps before releasing it. Anyone who was in comicon when the first kickass trailer was shown will tell you how much better that first scene was with the superman music on the background.