Bags159

Mar 11, 2011
Midnight Crossroads said:
Bags159 said:
hazabaza1 said:
AMTHREERICA
FUCK YEAH

Otherwise, let's hope this isn't £40 on PC. The price is mainly what puts me off of CoD.
Why do people say this? Is it ironic? Because it's wrong. Every good character in every Call of Duty has been either British or Russian. Infinity Ward has a hard on for the SAS and the Soviet Union which they cannot contain.

America FUCK YEAH patriotism is what caused the deaths of 30,000 US soldiers plus potentially millions of civilians in Call of Duty universe. The bad guy in MW2 was one of those guys. American interventionism in Russian caused WW3. The Russians didn't invade because they were Commies looking to destroy the American way of life. They were retaliating. And every step of the way, Soap and Price, men so British their facial hair wear crowns, save the world. Every. Time. It makes no sense.

Anyway, OT:

I'll probably be buying it. Looks like fun.
So uh, how exactly does it look like fun considering there was no gameplay shown in the trailer? Not very much inherent discussion value in those. This is a really extreme teaser.

If I was going to buy MW3 (which I won't, because MW was mediocre) they'd have to remove all of the grenade perks and noobtubes.
Other information. The leaked list of locations and potential plot. It's possible they may be bringing back tanks, for one, although I'm hoping they go with UO's vehicles and not WaW's.
Oh yeah, placing it in Am3rica will make it so much better; I would have loved MW1 if it was set on Am3rica! /sarcasm

Sounds like Homefront to me. And Homefront was worse than MW1. Think I will pass.

ShockValue

Addicted to coffee
May 8, 2008
Subwayeatn said:
are you missing a teaser? The russian guy talking at the end of each one said

"One, destroy the enemies hopes of winning."
"Two, use everything to your advantage."

and for the third trailer he said

"Four, attack unexpectedly."

Not sure if they skipped 3 or you are missing a video.
The third one would be the France teaser >.>

OT: Against my better judgement I am looking forward to this.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
Bags159 said:
Bags159 said:
hazabaza1 said:
AMTHREERICA
FUCK YEAH

Otherwise, let's hope this isn't £40 on PC. The price is mainly what puts me off of CoD.
Why do people say this? Is it ironic? Because it's wrong. Every good character in every Call of Duty has been either British or Russian. Infinity Ward has a hard on for the SAS and the Soviet Union which they cannot contain.

America FUCK YEAH patriotism is what caused the deaths of 30,000 US soldiers plus potentially millions of civilians in Call of Duty universe. The bad guy in MW2 was one of those guys. American interventionism in Russian caused WW3. The Russians didn't invade because they were Commies looking to destroy the American way of life. They were retaliating. And every step of the way, Soap and Price, men so British their facial hair wear crowns, save the world. Every. Time. It makes no sense.

Anyway, OT:

So uh, how exactly does it look like fun considering there was no gameplay shown in the trailer? Not very much inherent discussion value in those. This is a really extreme teaser.

If I was going to buy MW3 (which I won't, because MW was mediocre) they'd have to remove all of the grenade perks and noobtubes.
Other information. The leaked list of locations and potential plot. It's possible they may be bringing back tanks, for one, although I'm hoping they go with UO's vehicles and not WaW's.
Oh yeah, placing it in Am3rica will make it so much better. I would have loved MW1 if it was set on Am3rica! /sarcasm

Sounds like Homefront to me. And Homefront was worse than MW1.
/Facepalm

Sure is America up in here.

Subwayeatn

Jan 28, 2011
ShockValue said:
Subwayeatn said:
are you missing a teaser? The russian guy talking at the end of each one said

"One, destroy the enemies hopes of winning."
"Two, use everything to your advantage."

and for the third trailer he said

"Four, attack unexpectedly."

Not sure if they skipped 3 or you are missing a video.
The third one would be the France teaser >.>

OT: Against my better judgement I am looking forward to this.
Yep that would be it. The Russian guy says

"Three, exploit your enemies weaknesses.

Bags159

Mar 11, 2011
Bags159 said:
Bags159 said:
hazabaza1 said:
AMTHREERICA
FUCK YEAH

Anyway, OT:

Oh yeah, placing it in Am3rica will make it so much better. I would have loved MW1 if it was set on Am3rica! /sarcasm

Sounds like Homefront to me. And Homefront was worse than MW1.
/Facepalm

Sure is America up in here.
Oh, I thought those were French and German trailers. Like in those languages. I'll have to re-watch those.

Edit: Watched them. Still not even remotely interested. Thanks for clearing that up though. I still don't see the logic behind looking forward to spending more money on the same game but to each his own.

zombiestrangler

Sep 3, 2009
I'd have to say do the campaign really well and bring back double tap as a perk and overkill. I miss overkill. Also, don't get rid of the F2000. I love that gun.

ultrachicken

Dec 22, 2009
They need to improve the campaign. A lot. That means less glaring plotholes, and a length above three hours.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
I don't need to expect anything from it. I mean, jeez, it's CoD, I'm still going to get it first day no matter what.

But, yeah, guys, better balance in killstreaks, no noobtubes, no Ghost and Second Chance. That's really all I want in MP.

SP-wise IW has never let me down, so keep doing what you're doing in that. Same thing with coop.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
I red that you will be changing between more different parties involved in the conflict. Even Russians at some point. If MP is anything like MW2, I am all up for more. If the SP isn't bigger than at least 7 hours, however, I will be waiting for a price drop. Not even once in a blue moon will I pay 60 bucks just for MP.

cahtush

Jul 7, 2010
OH WHY RUSSIAN BAD GUYS AGAIN? Seriusly how about America being evil for once? How about a vietnam game where you play as the vietnamese, it would be like a guerilla warfare FPS.

Captain Pirate

Nov 18, 2009
rapidoud said:
Who would get excited about this? Probably as bland as the rest. And they're supposed to make me get emotional over some random country getting invaded and feel attached to the US US US US US because apparently they're 'the good guys'? Please. Probably a repeat of Homefront where apparently North and South Korea are evil.
Oh, I don't know, people who like the game?
It's called an opinion, clearly you don't share it, but that doesn't mean nobody else will.

Oh, and also, (technically speaking) America are the bad guys through and through in this.
It's just none but Soap, Price, Makarov and of course Shepherd know it.
Shepherd instigated the war with Russia so that when he commands the defendign army, he'll look a hero.

He also wanted America to learn it's lesson: When a few thousand of his troops were wiped out in CoD4's nuke, the American people didn't seem to really give a fuck, so he plotted for it to get invaded so they'll know what war feels like.

But of course, the U.S. soldiers you play as don't know this, and neither does the world, which is why neither them nor the Russians are really bad guys in a sense of the word.

And I doubt they'll try and make you emotionally attached; none of the recent 4 CoD games I've played made me emtionally attached in any way, as much as I tried, so I'm pretty sure IW have realised this and made it a low priority.

OT: I'm hugely excited for the Single Player. The hype train has officially set off from the station.
MP, I couldn't give a dead rat's shit for at the moment. When they say it has amount of custimisation Blops did, then they can call me back.

Valiant The Gamer

May 9, 2010
I seriuos hope that they will make it better and like WaW but without the tank and MP40 because WaW was balanced for a CoD game.

And why no Netherlands or benelux>

Project_Xii

Jul 5, 2009
Millions of pre-pubescent teens across the world just jizzed themselves and are already demanding there be more noob-tubes, faster knives, and easier to obtain game-ending killstreaks then the nuke.

Who wants to take bets of the length of the campaign? I'm going with 4 if you rush, 5 if you take it slow.

Zadza Cockovitz

Apr 5, 2010
Pfft,poor russian talk again.
In the first one,he says "One.Destroy all enemy's hope for victory."
In the second "Two.Use everything to your advantage."
Aaand in the third "Four.Attack from an unexpected side."
Yeah,in russian it sounds even worse.Activision,is it REALLY that damn hard to hire some good RUSSIAN voice actors?Im sure there's plenty.

saxxon.de

Apr 18, 2011
I bought MW2 and it was overpriced, short and generic in singleplayer. It was unbalanced, full of cheaters and unsupported (on pc) in multiplayer.

Activision charged their fanbase 15 bucks per mappack, which included 2 new maps and 3 old ones, which in turn were made by the community for mw1.

On top of that Bobby "Fuckhead" Kotick stated that they're making games for losers who didn't get a date for the weekend.

I'll never buy Activision games again. They can take their CoDs and shove them up their butts, if they want.

Go ahead and give this guy your money and literally tell him he's right and you're a bunch of losers. Have Fun while playing.

Jewky

Feb 19, 2011
Gave up on this stuff long ago, but if it's got dedi servers coming up + promod/pam4 I'm pretty sure I'll get it.

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
Well at least there's a cool variation of locations. Now I just hope that they can make all those locations feel different as well. No Amsterdam though, and I demand an epic battle in Amsterdam! We got shoved over in WW2, and now it's time to FIGHT!

Anyway, I doubt I'll have money and time to spare for MW3 at the end of the year. There's already a freight train of amazing games coming out, and seeing as I (hopefully) will be going back to school, gaming time will be in short supply as well.

Sure, I liked Black Ops, but I don't want MW3 feel like Black Ops and MW2 rehashed. And let the singleplayer be around 9-10 hours long, then I miiiiiight find a gap for MW3. Doubt I'll care about the multi though.
cahtush said:
OH WHY RUSSIAN BAD GUYS AGAIN?
Because it's a sequel, and they were the bad guys from the beginning of MW1. Suddenly changing bad guys would be M. Night Shamalaladingdong levels of silly.

MetaMuffin

Feb 2, 2011
We can only hope that MW3 will revive the Call of Duty franchise. I remember buying Cod4 and being blow away by the graphics, sound, and awesome multiplayer. MW2 really didn't cut it for me, mainly because of a few imbalanced guns, server issues, and imbalanced killstreaks. It was like they tried to take everything about COD4 and put it on steroids, only ended up creating a game that spread itself too thin for the amount of time spent producing it. Black Ops, same story. With the outdated graphics engine, poor hit registration, and linear maps, it really gets old quickly. Overall, it's an average game at best by today's standards. I'm strictly speaking of the multiplayer, as Singleplayer in COD games has taken a backseat since COD4. The developers need to focus on creating a Team Deathmatch that is fun, in and of itself. Create something that's unique like COD4 was, stop feeding us the same recycled game. The multiplayer has been handed off to Raven Software, so we'll have to wait and see what they can cook up. I'm not expecting much.