It's official... MW3 teaser!

MetallicaRulez0

Aug 27, 2008
I had no idea that people actually gave a shit about the campaign. Learn something new every day I suppose.

All I want in this game is balance. Give me CoD4 with updated graphics and no Grenade Launchers or 3x Frag. That's it. It would be the perfect shooter.

The shittiest part of the recent CoD games is that you really can't tell how shitty it is from videos or even your initial impressions of the multiplayer. I takes weeks of frustration and annoyance to come to the conclusion that grenade launchers ruin the game (MW2) or the spawn system is HORRIBLE (Black Ops). So even if this game blows, which I suspect it will, I'm still going to buy it and give Activision another opportunity to kick me in the wallet.

GrimHeaper

Jun 1, 2010
artanis_neravar said:
GrimHeaper said:
artanis_neravar said:
GrimHeaper said:
artanis_neravar said:
I am looking forward to MW3, I will probably be pre-ordering it. I have noticed though that COD, and Halo not only have the worst fans, but they have the worst antifans as well. I have never seen another game where so many people go into a thread just to say how awful the game is and how everyone who likes it is a moron. Congratulations for being worse than the worst fans in gaming, enjoy your trophies.
You enjoy being that guy that says the anti-fans are worse than the fans.
Name how many games that are made in America that don't involve sports or first/3rd person shooters that look like mud?
Portal, Fallout 1,2,3,New Vegas, Morrowind, Warcraft 1,2,3, World of, StarCraft 1, Brood War, 2, Jak and Daxter, Jak 2, Jak 3, Jax X, Ratchet and Clank 1,2,3,4,Future 1,2 Sly Cooper 1,2,3 Command and Conquer 1,2,3,Red Alert 1,2,3
Try to keep you list in this decade will you?(what's that calender 2011 you say?)
The Majority is to old to count at all though I did say "Name how many games that are made in America that don't involve sports or first/3rd person shooters that look like mud?" and didn't say what time though if I didn't name recent games you may as well be telling people to go play Atari games. But since you seem to not care abotu recent games I will list 3 franchises that nearly half yours.

That is a less than impressive list that I can beat by using several games remade over and over and are shooters. My point stands.
Halo: Combat Evolved,Halo 2,Halo 3,Halo 3:ODST,Halo Reach
and the soon to be made halo "5"
Call of Duty: Finest Hour, Call of duty 2: Big Red One, Call of Duty 3, Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Call of Duty: World at War, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 and Call of Duty: Black Ops 7 in total.
Gears of war1,2,3
15 games nearly half of what you listed from 3 franchises compared to your 11 to simply make up that much and it would be much worse If I listed the sports remakes.
Not that my ranting will do any good people will still buy this stuff making the market even more stagnant in it's own way.
All the games you listed have very good plots (the exception possibly being the first 3 CoD games as I never actually played them)
Halo a good plot? They can't even get their weapons right or their own canon for that matter.
That tank is no where near 500 years in the future and is ill designed
Compare the warthog to OUR modern Humvees and it fails terribly.
Stories tend to be accurate as they can possibly be or really far out there halo is neither and it clearly has no real message to give.

Call of Duty? Until modern warfare it was just WW2 over and over no plot we knew what happened.
The newer ones often have anyone that was of any worth in a story just die which is all and all realistic and such , but you were just eating several 100 bullets back there and you kept walking like a super solder so whats the point?

Gears of war is terrible in it's own right.A ragtag team of muscle headed men take on thousands upon thousands of enemies and kill them so they win eventually? May as well just rename it Rambo vs the mole people.
I'm tired of the realistic excuse they get as well with that BS it should be this 1-2 bullets you die Gameover start from the beginning again or in fact have to buy another copy to play it again. You know the colors in all of those games right? Gray,Brown,black,red for blood,green, and the rare blue in the sky and some orange explosions every now and then and some of the colors mentions are rarely used.
To end it I have seen more color and story in this book here.

Nick31091

Nov 21, 2009
Lordmarkus said:
Damnit, any inkling of feeling that it will maybe capture the magic of Call of Duty 4 has me excited.

But then again, MW2 was my most wanted game for like, ever and such a backstab I got for being a fan of the series.
Ninja'd

blue spartan 11

Oct 13, 2009
Please make it more like COD 4. We liked it better then. Don't take the "Over baddass" route for multiplayer like MW2 and Blops again.

Nickompoop

Jan 23, 2011
I'd like a plot. And a color palate that goes beyond brown and grey. And better characters.

Basically, I want it to be halfway decent.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Will someone please explain to me how the Russian Federation has the manpower and materiel to invade the East coast, Germany and the UK at the same time?

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
Looks like the Americans get to play Wolverine again.

Other then that... eh. As long as its as good as MW2, then its exceeding my expectations.

EDIT:

Canid117 said:
Will someone please explain to me how the Russian Federation has the manpower and materiel to invade the East coast, Germany and the UK at the same time?
I'm pretty sure a nuke levels all fields.

Plus, they certainly didnt seem to have trouble with America from MW2, and considering (read speculating) this takes place in the realitive close time frame, then the US is already considerably weakened.

As for the Uk, thats an island. a very crowded island.

Germany sounds like the toughest to take, so they must have just hammered through or something.

And for france... well... i dont know, I cant say for france.

Wintermoot

Aug 20, 2009
Duffeknol said:
Eh, I'll just get it for the single player this time. Multiplayer CoD isn't good for my heart.
I think you are going to be dissapointed the SP can,t be worth the money with such a short dev time.
OT
dear Activision you are turning your fans into spoiled brats! take the time spend more time developing the game and make them learn patience!

guntotingtomcat

Jun 29, 2010
If only I spoke Russian!

Quite excited. Would like to see call signs return. And robots, if possible.

A plot more like, but not copying, cod4 would be good as well.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
UdderedAvenger said:
Canid117 said:
And "Franc3"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHmMUw6lJOw&feature=feedu
So they really are going the Bad Company 2 route? The Russians are everywhere!

emeraldrafael said:
Canid117 said:
I'm pretty sure a nuke levels all fields.

Plus, they certainly didnt seem to have trouble with America from MW2, and considering (read speculating) this takes place in the realitive close time frame, then the US is already considerably weakened.

As for the Uk, thats an island. a very crowded island.

Germany sounds like the toughest to take, so they must have just hammered through or something.

And for france... well... i dont know, I cant say for france.
Fun fact! Three of the four powers that they are invading in this game have significant nuclear arsenals. Even if they had the 500 million soldiers required to invade all three countries at once (Even though the force that invaded the United States in MW2 had been crushed and the United States military had managed to rally) why would the rest of the world stand for this?

Bags159

Mar 11, 2011
Midnight Crossroads said:
hazabaza1 said:
AMTHREERICA
FUCK YEAH

Otherwise, let's hope this isn't £40 on PC. The price is mainly what puts me off of CoD.
Why do people say this? Is it ironic? Because it's wrong. Every good character in every Call of Duty has been either British or Russian. Infinity Ward has a hard on for the SAS and the Soviet Union which they cannot contain.

America FUCK YEAH patriotism is what caused the deaths of 30,000 US soldiers plus potentially millions of civilians in Call of Duty universe. The bad guy in MW2 was one of those guys. American interventionism in Russian caused WW3. The Russians didn't invade because they were Commies looking to destroy the American way of life. They were retaliating. And every step of the way, Soap and Price, men so British their facial hair wear crowns, save the world. Every. Time. It makes no sense.

Anyway, OT:

I'll probably be buying it. Looks like fun.
So uh, how exactly does it look like fun considering there was no gameplay shown in the trailer? Not very much inherent discussion value in those. I facepalmed pretty hard at replacing E's with 3's.

If I was going to buy MW3 (which I won't, because MW was mediocre) they'd have to remove all of the grenade perks and noobtubes.

Still confused why people dump $50/year into COD when TF2 is $20 and has constant free updates with better gameplay.

Ironman126

Dark DM Overlord
Apr 7, 2010
So, did they choose locations based on their names so they could destroy the English language with the "AM3RICA" "number 3 in the word" crap? Cuz that's all i could see.

WanderingFool

Apr 9, 2009
MiracleOfSound said:
WanderingFool said:
What Do I want to see? Well, I cant find it now, but there was atleast several videos on youtube (courtesy of Thunder) that talked about some of that leaked MP info. The one thing that is going to piss me off to no end is the fucking 1887 making its return (with a more modern look). I only hope its nerf greatly from the MW2, and not able to be duel wielded. Also, make all shotguns primary weapons.

Another image also had a M4 with duel sights, so im hoping that is something awesome, and not just a mock sniper scope for assault rifles (if the fucking things arent OP enough). And another picture had a M$ with a undermount grenade, holosight, and suppressor; so I hope this means more than multiple attachment on you gun at one time, thus removing the need for the Bling/Warlord perk.

I would say something about the knife... but I doubt they changed anything with it, its still the cheapest piece of shit in COD.
I agree with all of those, especially the goddamn knife, and like you, am a big Thunder viewer (in fact, I made his theme song!)
Hell, its actually because of you that I even heard of Thunder... Oh, BTW, thank you for that.

darkwolf217

Feb 15, 2011
i gotta say, even though i never got into multiplayer for cod and as much as i'll complain, i'll get it because the campaign isnt exactly a clone, its not super original but still, in the mw2 the washington dc area was invaded and i thought "holy crap i live here, what would i do?", americans are the bad guys (kind of) for once , and to top it off soap pulls a knife out of his own chest and kills someone.

(also they had a mission in rio and i used to live there, and there is no way a special forces operation like that would ever work in a favela. but it was still cool they went there even if there isnt a favela in that spot)

thats enough to get me interested in what they'll do next. As long as the dont f it up, i'll at least rent the game

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
Bags159 said:
Midnight Crossroads said:
hazabaza1 said:
AMTHREERICA
FUCK YEAH

Otherwise, let's hope this isn't £40 on PC. The price is mainly what puts me off of CoD.
Why do people say this? Is it ironic? Because it's wrong. Every good character in every Call of Duty has been either British or Russian. Infinity Ward has a hard on for the SAS and the Soviet Union which they cannot contain.

America FUCK YEAH patriotism is what caused the deaths of 30,000 US soldiers plus potentially millions of civilians in Call of Duty universe. The bad guy in MW2 was one of those guys. American interventionism in Russian caused WW3. The Russians didn't invade because they were Commies looking to destroy the American way of life. They were retaliating. And every step of the way, Soap and Price, men so British their facial hair wear crowns, save the world. Every. Time. It makes no sense.

Anyway, OT:

I'll probably be buying it. Looks like fun.
So uh, how exactly does it look like fun considering there was no gameplay shown in the trailer? Not very much inherent discussion value in those. This is a really extreme teaser.

If I was going to buy MW3 (which I won't, because MW was mediocre) they'd have to remove all of the grenade perks and noobtubes.
Other information. The leaked list of locations and potential plot. It's possible they may be bringing back tanks, for one, although I'm hoping they go with UO's vehicles and not WaW's.

Subwayeatn

Jan 28, 2011
are you missing a teaser? The russian guy talking at the end of each one said

"One, destroy the enemies hopes of winning."
"Two, use everything to your advantage."

and for the third trailer he said

"Four, attack unexpectedly."

Not sure if they skipped 3 or you are missing a video.