It's official... MW3 teaser!

rapidoud

Feb 1, 2008
Who would get excited about this? Probably as bland as the rest. And they're supposed to make me get emotional over some random country getting invaded and feel attached to the US US US US US because apparently they're 'the good guys'? Please. Probably a repeat of Homefront where apparently North and South Korea are evil.

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Dectomax said:
Oh look...Another CoD. I wonder how many 12 year olds have just jizzed?
You say the fanbase is 12 year olds, yet everyone else's comment was more mature and thoughtful than yours...

Googooguru

Jan 27, 2010
New York setting same as BF3 and Crysis 2 .. sigh here comes the mediocrity...

Did they all sit around last year in the evil league of uninspired game developers HQ and watch cloverfield for inspiration.. Bet Godzilla can be seen destroying New York in the back ground as you defend wall street from the Evil Russians (and the devaluation of the Chinese Yuan)

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Googooguru said:
New York setting same as BF3 oh and Crysis 2 just did that.. sigh here comes the mediocrity...

Did they all sit around last year in the evil league of uninspired game developers HQ and watch cloverfield ... Sigh
Paris, London, Africa and India are also pretty much confirmed as locations.

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
Dectomax said:
You say the fanbase is 12 year olds, yet everyone else's comment was more mature and thoughtful than yours...
Hey, I'm entitled to dislike a series so obviously milking incompetent people that they could plaster: GIVE ME ALL UR MONIEZ 16.34 on the title and people would still buy it.

kortin

Mar 18, 2011
thelonewolf266 said:
kortin said:
thelonewolf266 said:
kortin said:
Wait, isn't MW3 supposed to take place in the past? Like, way when Ghost started? Or is that old and outdated news?
Indeed that is old and updated news its a direct sequel so it continues on after the events of modern warfare 2.If you want to know more about it use this link but be warned major spoilers though some of the info on that page is apparently wrong and some is right.
http://kotaku.com/5801345/where-youll-go-how-youll-kill-and-who-will-die-in-modern-warfare-3
Alright, sounds fun. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

I, unlike many escapists, thoroughly enjoyed MW2 and can't wait until MW3. :D
Yeah I've enjoyed them all though world at war wasn't very good on the multi-player front.
Also fighting in Paris and Dubai and all these different locations will be pretty awesome bit of a change from deserts and snowy mountains.
Indeed. Lets get some urban killin environments in mw3!

El Cookio

Dec 4, 2009
I just hope I end up playing this one because I really want to and enjoy it, rather than it being something I play because i'm bored and for the sake of it.

Reg5879

Jan 8, 2009
Oh yay...it seems like forever waiting for a new CoD.

(Because text doesn't really show it, that was sarcasm) :D

MiracleOfSound

Fight like a Krogan
Jan 3, 2009
Dectomax said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Dectomax said:
Hey, I'm entitled to dislike a series so obviously milking incompetent people that they could plaster: GIVE ME ALL UR MONIEZ 16.34 on the title and people would still buy it.
People aren't incompetent because they find a particular game fun.

Dislike it all you want, that's your business - but there are plenty of perfectly reasonable people who enjoy a good game of COD - especially Spec Ops or Private games.

Dectomax

Jun 17, 2010
MiracleOfSound said:
Dectomax said:
MiracleOfSound said:
Dectomax said:
People aren't incompetent because they find a particular game fun.

Dislike it all you want, that's your business - but there are plenty of perfectly reasonable people who enjoy a good game of COD - especially Spec Ops or Private games.
Fair play to them. The screamy, whining kids are what put me off and the ratio of twat/cool on any CoD series is always lacking.

Drummie666

Jan 1, 2011
Just let me turn off the aim assist and I'll give you a chance. Okay? LET ME TURN IT OFF AND PLAY BY MYSELF. I liked MW2's multiplayer quite frankly, to me, it was completely ruined by the aim assist, so let me turn that off and it might be great.

IBlackKiteI

Mar 12, 2010
I don't really care much for the campaign, they've all seemed complete pointless since CoD 4.
I'd rather that they put even more emphasis into the multiplayer.

Overall the main thing I personally want is balance and a feature to search for games within your local area.
It'd also be nice to see some old perks return (Double Tap, Overkill) but mainly the perks need to be the same as Black Ops with some changes. (remove 'Pro' perks, 1st tier perks no longer define your appearance.)

More weapons should be added from many different times (I'd love to see an M1 Garand and a Lee Enfield next to an XM8 or VSS Vintorez) to give a really sort of diverse feeling in the multiplayer and a lot of gear to choose from. All weapon attachments will be revamped so they all have a purpose and don't give their uses an unfair advantage. (thermal scopes, HB sensors)

Another thing is customization.
Be great if guns could be tricked out with different paint jobs and components, imagine an AK47 with red tiger stripes, (which you placed in the areas you wanted yourself) an extended barrel and a sniper scope for instance.
Also character models should also get at least some form of customization, but in a way that doesn't result in every player running around with ghillie suits or something.

Hell, maybe they should only have multiplayer in MW3, with the addition of bots or something.

fooddood3

Nov 5, 2010
Escapist: OMG, why do people keep buying CoD? It's the same game over and over again!
*MW3 Trailer*
Escapist: Alright Activision, I'll give you ONE more chance.

Captcha: conformist entatent

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
AMTHREERICA
FUCK YEAH

Otherwise, let's hope this isn't £40 on PC. The price is mainly what puts me off of CoD.

Midnight Crossroads

Jul 17, 2010
hazabaza1 said:
AMTHREERICA
FUCK YEAH

Otherwise, let's hope this isn't £40 on PC. The price is mainly what puts me off of CoD.
Why do people say this? Is it ironic? Because it's wrong. Every good character in every Call of Duty has been either British or Russian. Infinity Ward has a hard on for the SAS and the Soviet Union which they cannot contain.

America FUCK YEAH patriotism is what caused the deaths of 30,000 US soldiers plus potentially millions of civilians in Call of Duty universe. The bad guy in MW2 was one of those guys. American interventionism in Russian caused WW3. The Russians didn't invade because they were Commies looking to destroy the American way of life. They were retaliating. And every step of the way, Soap and Price, men so British their facial hair wear crowns, save the world. Every. Time. It makes no sense.

Anyway, OT:

I'll probably be buying it. Looks like fun.

Triforceformer

Jun 16, 2009
Sorry, broskis. Duke Nukem Forever has already captured my heart with its Shrink Rays, old-school style, and multiplayer hats. CoD dropped the ball with me when MW2 dropped and undeservedly broke every sales record ever. Did not have an ounce of fun with that game. 3rd one was pretty good, though. The multiplayer's defined classes made for some actual balance.

Unless, of course, MW3 just happens to have an optional cone-head hat...

Mmm.

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
Midnight Crossroads said:
hazabaza1 said:
AMTHREERICA
FUCK YEAH

Why do people say this? Is it ironic? Because it's wrong. Every good character in every Call of Duty has been either British or Russian. Infinity Ward has a hard on for the SAS and the Soviet Union which they cannot contain.

America FUCK YEAH patriotism is what caused the deaths of 30,000 US soldiers plus potentially millions of civilians in Call of Duty universe. The bad guy in MW2 was one of those guys. American interventionism in Russian caused WW3. The Russians didn't invade because they were Commies looking to destroy the American way of life. They were retaliating. And every step of the way, Soap and Price, men so British their facial hair wear crowns, save the world. Every. Time. It makes no sense.

Anyway, OT:

I'll probably be buying it. Looks like fun.
Look at the first bit in the title.
"Am3rica".
Sort of wasted a post there.

iDoom46

Dec 31, 2010
For some reason, that video makes me think of the opening to "The Real Adventures of Johnny Quest"...

I can't really speak for what perks I want changed, because I never really got into CoD multiplayer. It always came off as unbalanced and the maps seemed poorly designed to me.
I will still get the game, since I bought the first two Modern Warfares and I'll be damned if I'm not going to see the single player story through to the end.

After this game, though, I'm never buying a Call of Duty game again.