It's Time To Forgive George Lucas

Pontus Hashis

Feb 22, 2010
I never got pissed because i save the prequels first,but PM still suck cus its boring.But the others are good.

Xocrates

May 4, 2008
slowpoke999 said:
The amount of stupidity from his comment hurt my brain, if he was angry with God, he failed at being an Athiest
What part of "his [...] transition from staunch atheist to Christian philosopher" did you miss?

Frank_Sinatra_

Digs Giant Robots
Dec 30, 2008
Macgyvercas said:
Why do I have to forgive him? There's nothing to forgive. I actually liked the Star Wars Prequels and Indian Jones IV. *runs away before the flaming starts*
There you have my sentiments.

I don't see why everyone hated the prequels so much.
Phantom Menace had some sickass lightsaber fights, although Jar Jar is annoying beyond reason.

The Clone Wars had one of the THE coolest large scale combat sequences in Star Wars history, but the love story was a *****.

Return of the Sith had an amazing lightsaber fight with the best score out of the entire series, although Anakin was a little ***** in Episode III.

See whiny prequel haters? There's stuff to love, and stuff to hate in the prequels, but not enough to despise them, or hate an incredibly important man.

TwistedEllipses

Nov 18, 2008
Why are midichlorians always picked on as a bad thing? I never got that.

I liked them, it was a bit like mitochondrial DNA in concept...

seidlet

Mar 5, 2009
qbanknight said:
time to get over it dorks, film evolves. there were plenty of gems back then and the star wars franchise was a legendary piece of filmmaking. but there have been so many, many GREAT films: Lord of the Rings, The Dark Knight, District 9, The Hangover, Toy Story, Spider-man, X-Men, Kick-Ass. All are making an impact on film history without Lucas, film has evolved without him.
none of these movies qualify as great, even without the all-caps, nor are they making an impact on history. while i would agree that film has evolved without george lucas, i would argue that the majority of it did so poorly, and much of this lackluster transformation was influenced by people LIKE george lucas, who don't take the time to look twice at practical effects, and think that a CGI rendered cartoon can put on a better performance than a human being.

seidlet

Mar 5, 2009
carnkhan4 said:

I always dug that too. Less magic, more 'science'. Awesome.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
I don't hate George Lucas, I hate those movies.
I feel that he should've known they were going to bomb, hell he probably did but kept going anyway.
I think he said as much in the commentary for the prequel movies.

But like I said, I owe him no forgiveness for I have never taken issue with himself.
Just 3 of his movies... I never watched any of the other crappy ones.

Ancientgamer

Jan 16, 2009
slowpoke999 said:
KillerMidget said:
slowpoke999 said:
C.S. Lewis, in describing his gradual personal transition from staunch atheist to Christian philosopher (and author of the Narnia books) described his period of unbelief as a state of being "angry with God for not existing."
Ow Ow Ow, I don't know who that guy is but that comment made my brain owie, I'll have to read Page 2 some other time
I think the theory there is that you can't be angry with God and not believe in Him at the same time. Or is it just the strangeness of the sentence that vortexed your brain?

OT: Sure I'll forgive the little scamp! But only if I get to tug on his magic beard for luck.
The amount of stupidity from his comment hurt my brain, if he was angry with God, he failed at being an Athiest
The phrase was obviously intended with a sense of poetic cadence.

Here, let me rephrase it:

"He was angry that god didn't exist."

seidlet said:
carnkhan4 said:

I always dug that too. Less magic, more 'science'. Awesome.
This seems to be a common misconception. Midichlorians don't cause the force. They're force sensitive creatures (Which have been demonstrated many times to exist) that can be used as a litmus test for a persons own force sensitivity.

Excellent article bob.

May 28, 2009
some stuff is good some stuff is not so good.

clone wars mini series and the original trilogy = good.

clone wars series and the prequel trilogy = not so good.

in my opinion of course.

but that doesn't mean i hate george lucas, i mean come on even in the preqels there were monents that you probably thought where good. i mean i can't be the only one who thought darth maul and his double edge light saber was awsome!

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Alright, screw it: I really like Episode 1.

Why? Because it is the very first film I remember seeing at the cinema (I was 5) and it was a-fucking-mazing to me.

That's exactly the same reason why most people like A New Hope; let's face it, none of the films are the best in the world (I say this despite them being my favourite film saga) but we all like the for (mostly) sentimental reasons, and because they're fun, and deal with morality. And because everyone wants a lightsabre.

People need to get over themselves - no one's ruining the memory of films you like by making some films you don't like.

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
Ya, I'm not really one of those people that hates George Lucas. I mean, Crystal Skull was bad, but I thought the rest of his movies were good. And why does everyone keep saying Greedo should have shot first or whatever? Who cares?

JeanLuc761

Sep 22, 2009
Despite Hayden Christensen's shitty acting, I actually enjoyed the prequels a lot. The characters were interesting, the battles were a whole lot of fun, the podracing scene was fucking epic and of course...Liam fucking Neeson.

Both the prequels and the original trilogy had a lot of faults and a lot of good, and I wouldn't be stretching things to say that I enjoy both equally.

Sovvolf

Mar 23, 2009
Scde2 said:
I hate him because of the Star Wars Holiday Special.
He had no direct involvement in Star Wars Holiday Special an he him self as declared it none canon and want's to wipe it off of the face of the earth.

As for the Starwars prequels... me'h the first one was shite. This mainly goes down to the annoying little shit playing Anikan, the last 20 minutes or so are okay with a now iconic battle scene with Darth Mual but other wise the rest was shit. Attack of the clones was okay, not the best of the series... sort of drags here and there. The films weakness is pacing, just when your getting into one story you get swept to Anikan trying to get laid. The third was pretty good, kept me entertained from beginning to end and I liked how it started with the space battle.

RedFox042

May 25, 2009
Macgyvercas said:
Why do I have to forgive him? There's nothing to forgive. I actually liked the Star Wars Prequels and Indian Jones IV. *runs away before the flaming starts*
* passes the cup of life to you*
amen fellow poster!

GonzoGamer

Apr 9, 2008
MovieBob said:
The Special Editions are a debacle, and cinema history will judge Lucas harshly for their existence, but if Greedo shooting first "ruined your life" then your life was in a pretty sorry place to begin with.
And that is why I have been rolling my eyes at those who can't forgive him.

And Besides, why shouldn't he be allowed to remix his movies, everybody else does. Sure I like War of the Stars (the grindhouse fanedit version of Star Wars; check it out) better than the Special Edition but that's just me.

I can't imagine who expected the prequels to be any good to begin with... well, any better than they were.

Scde2

Has gone too far in a few places
Mar 25, 2010
Sovvolf said:
Scde2 said:
I hate him because of the Star Wars Holiday Special.
He had no direct involvement in Star Wars Holiday Special an he him self as declared it none canon and want's to wipe it off of the face of the earth.
He helped write the story, it still exist today (youtube) and declaring it noncanon doesn't erase the bad dreams from watching it.

Alphavillain

Jan 19, 2008
I don't consider George Lucas important enough to hate. It's not like Ingmar Bergman letting everyone down by making a Death Wish film.

The best thing George Lucas ever did? Giving money to Akira Kurosawa to make "Kagemusha".