Jack Thompson Threatens Gabe Newell Over School Shooter Mod

VondeVon

Dec 30, 2009
(Grins) This guy is just too insane to be real. I'd like to see him sued for defamation or something. :D

punipunipyo

Jan 20, 2011
Assassin Xaero said:
I think he is just doing this to try and get a job at Fox News...
yep... I think so too... they have a lot in common, both Jack(ass), and Fox(fucks) like to pick on the gaming industry so that more moms(who stays at home), who stays at home would agreed to them bitching... so they can gain some listeners/viewers...

A note on the subject... Isn't all the game they ***** about, all rated "M"? as in "Mature games"? like NOT FOR KIDS! so if they are EVER GOING TO ***** ABOUT "VIOLENT VIDEO GAMES SOLD TO KIDS"... they should actually go after GAMESTOP or STUPID IGNORANT FUCKHEAD parents (who aren't prepared for having kids)... and not the developers.

icyneesan

Feb 28, 2010
kajinking said:
icyneesan said:
I thought Jack Thompson retired!? WHY GOD! Why do you keep making me relive the horrors of video game past!!

*Turns around and sees N-gage*

WHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHY!?
Second what was so bad about the N-Gage? I never heard of it, was that a system or a game?
If the PSP is the rival to the DS, then the N-gage was the 'rival' to the Gameboy Advance. In a nutshell the N-gage was a phone marketed to gamers. In reality however it was a taco shell marketed to gamers and people who used cellphones.

The N-gage (as I remembered it) was a commercial failure being over priced, didn't work well for gaming, and didn't work well for general cellphone use. It did have some big game series on it like The Sims, Tom Clancy, and a Elder Scrolls game. The one thing I'll remember it for though (other then looking like a taco) is a quirky little flash series I once saw on Newgrounds, Decline of Video gaming [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIWRwcPcvqs] (N-Gage scene is at 3:30). Its quite amusing that some of the things they mention in the series kinda happened :p

Fuselage

Nov 18, 2009
gthygbhgbhvfgvb kjknjklnzdrjkdrzvfgvdfjkdvf nwer bnjkdzxsbnjk jkdjkvfjk bsvfrkjfbnkxfjugn
Oh sorry, I was just banging my head on the keyboard.
gbhgtgthjiopjiozxdfbouizasnhvguoase buo Afhuioehuioadef

FoOd77

Jul 2, 2009
You know, unlike some gamers, I don't hate Jack Thompson, I don't wish any physical violence upon him, because truthfully I kind of pity him, the more I hear from Jack Thompson, the more it seems like he is straight obsessed, and obsession isn't a good thing.

Jack Thompson should go on vacation or something, maybe spend the next few months in Hawaii? Get his mind of videogames for awhile, might do him some good.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
L3m0n_L1m3 said:
"PLEASE PAY ATTENTION TO ME I SWEAR I'M IMPORTANT ;~;"
"I HATE BEING RIGHT ALL THE TIME."

Someone call the loonie bin, we got another crazie here.

death525

Aug 29, 2009
I would sue him for threatening violence.
He says "or else" which could easily imply he is going to go to Valve and shoot and everyone there.
I'm just saying he should have elaborated more.

Assassin Xaero

Jul 23, 2008
punipunipyo said:
Assassin Xaero said:
I think he is just doing this to try and get a job at Fox News...
yep... I think so too... they have a lot in common, both Jack(ass), and Fox(fucks) like to pick on the gaming industry so that more moms(who stays at home), who stays at home would agreed to them bitching... so they can gain some listeners/viewers...

A note on the subject... Isn't all the game they ***** about, all rated "M"? as in "Mature games"? like NOT FOR KIDS! so if they are EVER GOING TO ***** ABOUT "VIOLENT VIDEO GAMES SOLD TO KIDS"... they should actually go after GAMESTOP or STUPID IGNORANT FUCKHEAD parents (who aren't prepared for having kids)... and not the developers.
Actually, now that I think about it... M is 17+, and that is when you about to graduate school anyway. So unless they are going to shoot up a college, well... even then, they might play the game instead and not do it.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
I'm with Thompson on this, despite his way of doing things. The gaming industry does not need this kind of game. It's right up there with "Your Mom Isn't Going to Like This Game" campaign from EA's marketing.

Badwolf14

Aug 6, 2010
there is a lot of pages so i didn't read all the posts....but did I understand it right...did he say that the training mods were used as a "training aid" for the two school shootings that he used as examples? Now I am not sure but feel free to correct me (and just the right answer once please :) )....but didn't the school shootings happen before the mod was released....so if i understood what he said correctly wouldn't that mean that the shooters somehow foresaw the future and practiced with the mod? Again I may be wrong so feel free to correct me :)...but that is what I understood from this...but yea he is just making a huge publicity stunt with this because he clearly doesn't know how things run and is probably the reason for all the violence going around

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Dear Mr. Thompson,
I would like to refer you to the correspondence of Arkell v. Pressdram, 1971

Marsell

Nov 20, 2008
Only 44 hours left.

I'm surprised jack's in the news anymore, I'm pretty sure we defeated THAT boss.

Devious Deed

Oct 5, 2010
Wasn't there a clause in the Half Life 2 user agreement that any mods for it you make are the property of valve if they so choose?

Still this guy is a nut job and I agree with one poster, numb nuts like him are the ones that make me want to go on a killing spree.

Brad Shepard

Sep 9, 2009
You know Gabe, ill tell you what, you listen to him, only if we see either a new Left 4 dead, HL2:E3, or the half life remake.

captainwolfos

Feb 14, 2009
Psh, you don't need to play a murder simulator to evolve to going around killing people.
I mean, look at me.

[small]...Did I say that out loud?[/small]

-Sigh- I really wish these people would LEARN SOMETHING VALID AND HOPEFULLY TRUE about the medium they're bashing.