Japan Invents Internet Kissing Machine

Dragonborne88

Oct 26, 2009
That thing made my tongue hurt. I'm pretty sure (at least the few girls I've kissed) that the proper kissing sensation doesn't involve tying my tongue in a knot from spinning it around a hard surface.

WolfEdge

Oct 22, 2008
Fursnake said:
C'mon Japan, wtf? The word on the street is that you all already 5 years behind in the gaming industry and this is what you wast time on? /headshake
And I'm sure Japan as a whole is EXTREMELY sorry that every single one of their students isn't a game designer. I mean really, how DARE those students work on something they have an interest in, instead of programming a video game.

For shame Japan. For shame.

Dana22

Sep 10, 2008
I have a feeling that he never kissed a girl before. Maybe its that...rotating straw, that gave him away.

Varya

Elvish Ambassador
Nov 23, 2009
What's funny about this is that if I were to come up with a headline to parody Japan, "Japan Invents Internet Kissing Machine" would probably be it. I mean, when I saw it I instinctively thought that I already had read the article, it's just so ... Japan... it's the most Japanese headline I've ever read.

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
I can only see that being fun for the girl, and it'd have to go between a whole different pair of lips.

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
We already have them in the West, they're called slags.

Anyway, I'm sorry but unless they are lips involved then it is not a kiss. Pretty basic error I feel for the prototype to have. I cannot see how a straw is supposed to be anything like it. You don't necessary have to have lips, but whatever hookup you design has to 'attach' to the users lips, not their... tonsils.

dkyros

Dec 11, 2008
A small straw bent upward that you play with using your tongue...

OMG!! Ahh hem, its not a kissing device >.>

Azaraxzealot

Dec 1, 2009
so... there's still a huge earthquake disaster to be taken care of, their economy is in the shitter, people in the world are dying and children are starving, and japanese geniuses use their talents to simulate tonsil-hockey?!

fail japan. just fail.

XandNobody

Oh for...
Aug 4, 2010
I look at this, and I think to myself, no one working on this has ever actually been kissed before.

It's been said, but seriously, it's a rotating straw, just, wow...

Hitchmeister

Nov 24, 2009
Is it telling that they couldn't find a female partner to demonstrate being on the other end of this contraption?

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
Just once. Just once would I like to read about some bizarre and/or frightening new invention that makes my brain cry out to itself "Why would you do that?!" and find out it didn't originate in Japan - at this point I would be surprised if Japanese researchers weren't trying to find a way to electronically record kisses for resale via creepy electronic prostheses. We are after all talking about a nation with vending machines that dispense used panties; when that is a real thing that is not in any way made up, it really skews with ones expectations.

Innegativeion

Positively Neutral!
Feb 18, 2011
"Japan invents kissing machine"

I am so much less surprised by that phrase than I should be.

M-JN

Jan 26, 2009
"Oh god. Oh, baby, it's, I just, I can't believe this is happening. You're so pretty. I've never done this bef-... well, I have, just not with a-... look, could you, um, heheh, could you put this in your mouth? Um. See, you spin yours, and this one spins like this, and we can... no, it's really awesome! Wait til you try it, it feels just lik-... baby? Where are you...? :("

dex-dex

Oct 20, 2009
Japan just need to have a monopoly on weird don't they. either Japan or Germany.
but I will just go for other people to kiss.

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Since my fiancee is at university a couple of hours away we are in a long distance relationship a lot of the time and even I can't see a use for this.

ItsAChiaotzu

Apr 20, 2009
thenumberthirteen said:
Point proven. Technological progress is powered by the desire for sex.

This is just absolutely bizarre. First off so you'd have to buy this crazy contraption and download kisses from the web? I'd rather have a flashlight in my house than one of those. Far less embarrassing.

Me too, however, having a flashlight in your house isn't embarrassing at all...

Anyway, if there's a demand for it in Japan, go for it.

thenumberthirteen

Unlucky for some
Dec 19, 2007
ItsAChiaotzu said:
thenumberthirteen said:
Point proven. Technological progress is powered by the desire for sex.

This is just absolutely bizarre. First off so you'd have to buy this crazy contraption and download kisses from the web? I'd rather have a flashlight in my house than one of those. Far less embarrassing.

Me too, however, having a flashlight in your house isn't embarrassing at all...
Not my fault. It's spell check.