Jim Sterling Leaves Destructoid (UPDATE: Jim Joins The Escapist!)

TheIceQueen

Sep 15, 2013
I knew Jim was going to join up on The Escapist. It's been trending that way for a long time, with Jim progressively pervading himself more and more into The Escapist's features and its culture. It was just a matter of time, really. Besides, The Escapist needs a personality like him after the loss of Susan Arendt.

chozo_hybrid

What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets.
Jul 15, 2009
Jimothy Sterling said:
Mcoffey said:
Part of me wants Jim to join the others in the Podcat, but the rest of me wonders if they could handle being in his presence, as one could attempt to handle being in the presence of Helios without bursting into flames and going mad simply by being in the periphery of his radiance.
When we discussed the job, Podcat appearances were requested as part of my duties. It'll be on a call-in basis (barring those moments when I'm at HQ for things), but Podcat is on my to-do list. :)
You have no idea how happy it makes me and my flat mate to hear this sir! We were pretty sure this would happen as you seemed to be appearing more and more on the site, but to have it confirmed is awesome to be sure :D

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Will this mean an influx of Destructoid members over here? Interesting ㅇㅅㅇ

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Ponyholder said:
Jimothy Sterling said:
It's time for business.

Fuckin' business.
Well, Mr. Sterling. You are going to be the Reviews Editor, correct? Will you be making sure that 5 = Average and such? I remember you did a video on something along those lines before (very tired, please ignore my lack of brevity).
If all goes as scheduled, tomorrow you will see my plans for the scoring system.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
I think it was a pretty logical move. Probably will make managing his deadlines easier with it all being due to the same company.

Their loss is our gain.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
Welcome to the editorial staff of Escapist Jim, it's good to have you here even more than before. Looking forward to seeing you on the podcat whenever possible.

qeinar

Jul 14, 2009
The first thing i thought was: what is going to happen to podtoid. Seems like he's remaking the podcast with the new name "the dismal jesters". :D

GoaThief

Reinventing the Spiel
Feb 2, 2012
Considering my previous thoughts regarding this site's reviews got my account slapped with multiple warnings, the addition of a new reviews editor of great renown and talent is obviously more than welcome.

Arr, welcome aboard Jimlad. ;)

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Jimothy Sterling said:
It's time for business.

Fuckin' business.
Fuckin' business.. who pray tell is the fucker and who is the fuckee?

P.S. Congratulations and good luck!

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
lol, more content from the annoying one here? Good job i'm not forced to watch his stuff or i wouldn't come back. He makes sense at times but i find his whole approach infuriates me...the kind of guy i would avoid at a party for fear of me starting a punch up

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
CannibalCorpses said:
lol, more content from the annoying one here? Good job i'm not forced to watch his stuff or i wouldn't come back. He makes sense at times but i find his whole approach infuriates me...the kind of guy i would avoid at a party for fear of me starting a punch up
Well I'd never go to a party with you there for fear of you hitting me you sound tuff!

CannibalCorpses

Aug 21, 2011
Jimothy Sterling said:
CannibalCorpses said:
Well I'd never go to a party with you there for fear of you hitting me you sound tuff!
Nah man, it's just your mannerisms remind me of someone at school i should have dealt with many years ago...

If we were at a party together i would probably be totally pissed or asleep :)

Battenberg

Browncoat
Aug 16, 2012
So Jim's going to be reviewing on The Escapist? Well I guess I won't be visiting any other game journalism sites any more.

Best gaming related news I've heard in a while!

Is it just going to be reviews (and occasional Podcast appearances) or can we expect written articles critiquing general gaming trends (i.e. basically extra Jimquisition but in written form)?

Jimothy Sterling

Apr 18, 2011
Battenberg said:
So Jim's going to be reviewing on The Escapist? Well I guess I won't be visiting any other game journalism sites any more.

Is it just going to be reviews (and occasional Podcast appearances) or can we expect written articles critiquing general gaming trends (i.e. basically extra Jimquisition but in written form)?
The team said it would like a weekly editorial. I am thinking of doing what Bob and Yahtzee do, having a regular column based off the main show I do.

Something like a Jimposition or some shit.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
Jimothy Sterling said:
Battenberg said:

The team said it would like a weekly editorial. I am thinking of doing what Bob and Yahtzee do, having a regular column based off the main show I do.

Something like a Jimposition or some shit.
I vote you name it actually name it "Jimposition or some shit".

NightmareWarden

Jul 2, 2011
Hmmm, I guess Mr. Sterling will need to go on the Co-Optional Podcast again in order to revise the following (paraphrased) claim: "I don't work for the Escapist, I just sell them my stuff." C'mon Jimmy, you know you want to!

On an unrelated note, did anybody else notice a startling LACK of content posted on the website following the Escapist convention? Perhaps I'm blind, but I did not see very much coverage of the convention itself here on the website.

Edit: Nevermind; I had not noticed that there was a specific section for expo videos.