Jimquisition: How Sony Can Make it Up To You

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
MelasZepheos said:
Three strikes, you're outta there.

Sorry Jim, but you're just not interesting. At least when you were a ranting madman you were watchable in the way that a train wreck is watchable, but the last two episodes have just been boring, bland, run of the mill, average. Points I've been hearing for weeks being rehashed in five minutes.

To the Escapist editors, I await the return of Lisa Foiles with baited breath, but at least this show isn't hosted by a gibbering moron anymore. I will not be partaking further, but good luck to those who do.
1: Your avatar is exceedingly awesome

2: I agree with everything you said.

3: Refer to 1 and 2.

4: Repeat the previous 3.

Wargamer said:
The reason for this is quite simple;

1) Loading Ready Run / Unskippable do not behave in a manner that is overtly sexist and derogatory toward women ("solving" the sexism problem). Alternatively, consult his Fat Princess 'review' found elsewhere.
2) Loading Ready Run / Unskippable don't call us elitist cunts behind our backs if we don't like their show.
3) Loading Ready Run / Unskippable have decent production standards.
I think it's also;

1: LRR/US - Don't try to get views by offending people.
2: LRR/US - Don't talk down to their fans.
3: LRR/US - Have standards.

Lord_Kristof

Sep 24, 2010
Sooo... instead of creating a "good games the PS has forgotten" video, the guy lets his ego speak for him, huh? And yes, I watched this to the end.

The guy's accent is the only thing that has me going at this point. I just can't say no to an accent from the Isles. Really, a 5 minute long wank session...

GGZeta

Mar 11, 2011
mikev7.0 said:
One of the tenets of journalism is that it is supposed to be unbiased and fact based rather than opinion based. I guess it's true that if you don't know how to spell a word then you probably don't know what it means either....

Calling this journalism is like calling C-SPAN biased.
I agree one hundred percent, which is why I used the word that is in his opening jingle, "Jurnalizm" instead of journalism. What he is doing is not journalism, it is jurnalizm. This is very similar to the Scifi channel switching to Sifi because inventing a nonsense word for what you do circumvents having to actually have responsibilities.

Thespian

Sep 11, 2010
Marginally better than your other two. Still irritating to watch though. Jim is really bad at this. And also, it's be great if anything he ever said was partway useful to the dilemma he's actually referring to =/

At least he's listening to what people are saying, I guess. He did change the glasses.

Oh, but it annoys me that he made that little sarky comment about the Escapist community in this video as if he hasn't been bitching about the magazine through twitter the whole time. You don't get points for saying it out loud now, Jim.

Hive Mind

Apr 30, 2011
AyreonMaiden said:
Hive Mind said:
You people are giving the sexist sod ANOTHER chance? *sigh*
I couldn't care less about his personal beliefs, just like I couldn't care less about Tiger Woods' adultery or Obama's birth credentials. As far as I know, none of those pointless things ever changed a thing about them.

I am not even close to misogynistic/racist/homophobic or whatever, but he can curb-stomp dogs, be a Grand Dragon of the KKK, and he can beat hookers like it's GTA for all I care. I hate this stupid idea that everyone needs to be a role model for someone. He's not my goddamn wife or someone I even know on any sort of personal level. He's allowed whatever beliefs he wants as long as they don't bleed into his video-game work to the point where it becomes a vehicle for his other non-videogame-related agendas. I don't condone his misogyny (if indeed he truly has it, yes I've read that blogpost about it) but I'll be damned if I'm gonna pretend like I care THAT much about it. I'll stop watching the Jimquisition once it stops being funny to me, and not for any other reason.
And you're free to support the fat, sexist wanker. Free (kinda) country.

Hive Mind

Apr 30, 2011
Wargamer said:
Sentox6 said:
What I don't get are the "I don't like this series, it needs to be dropped" people. I think Loading Ready Run is about as funny as watching paint dry, and Unskippable might as well be written by Caitlin Upton, but you don't see me calling for them to be axed.
I'll field this point.

The reason for this is quite simple;

1) Loading Ready Run / Unskippable do not behave in a manner that is overtly sexist and derogatory toward women ("solving" the sexism problem). Alternatively, consult his Fat Princess 'review' found elsewhere.
2) Loading Ready Run / Unskippable don't call us elitist cunts behind our backs if we don't like their show.
3) Loading Ready Run / Unskippable have decent production standards.
Yes, Jim's Twitter shows what kind of an arrogant pinhead he is. Apparently it is us with the problem -- being elitist cunts and all -- and not him, the sexist wanker with the humor of a horny fifteen-year-old that's been held back several grades. Bur far be it from us, with our elitist attitudes and moral sensibilities to question the rants of a misogynistic, attention craving narcissist. No. We wouldn't want to use our brains, that'd be elitist, and we certainly wouldn't want to point out the played out and unfunny nature of sexist 'humor'. Yes, it is US with the problem.

God help his fucking wife.

jebara

Nov 19, 2009
That was pretty good!
Surprising since the last two were so terrible,keep this up Jim!

Raddra

Trashpanda
Jan 5, 2010
Sony can personally make it up to me by treating Europe equally with the US and Japan when it comes to PSone ports.

tryfan

Apr 13, 2011
Let me see if I'm understanding this completely.

1) Allow me to play a certain 13 year old game on my PS3.
- ...which you could easily ebay yourself.

2) Develop a sequel to a game from 11 years ago.
- ...I can't find sales numbers for it.
- ...Yahtzee would probably call it a knock-off piece of shit.
- ...SCE Cambridge developed MediEvil 1/2, not SCE London which does EyePet. Cambridge contributed to the EyeToy franchise, but are currently working on Killzone for the NGP. 10 minutes on Wikipedia FTW.

3) Stop updating my firmware.
- ...This is actually a drop in the bucket when putting in a new game.

Generally, it starts out with putting in the game...oh there's a PS3 update...ok, fine. Now there's a game update, alright...hey, Heavy Rain, why are you...WHAT?! 1GB of updates? Are you mad?!...finally, I can play. Umm...wait, what are you doing? Installing data? 6GB? 20 minutes of playing XBOX360 later, I can start my game.

The only thing about Sony making it up to people will be confidence in their internal network, which they won't say anything about. I've worked for ISPs and financial companies, so those plans are usually locked down. So if I can't have confidence in their network, it will be trust that behind the scenes they are securing my data well.

Here's the thing. That's not really a trust issue. Believe it or not, lots of companies screw this up. There are a million reasons why, but in the end, most people only care about their data when it gets stolen. The best thieves generally leave little to no trace. Those are the ones I worry about.

May I've missed the point here. Maybe it's supposed to be ironic. Maybe it's satire. Maybe it's just not amusing to me. The other two episodes weren't great either. This one just gave me a funny taste. I thought he might actually say something worth hearing. I was wrong. Then again, I tried something, I didn't like it. There's nothing against the author, the Escapist, or anyone else. To me it just came across as condescending and a little immature. It may also be the fact that I've been watching too much Extra Credits lately.

Good luck with the show. I won't be watching. I hope that those who still watch enjoy the show.

TL;DR
- Asking for reboots and sequels is -1.
- For most, nostalgic games are +1.
- I already wait 10-30 minutes to play a new game on my PS3, who cares about firmware updates?
- So Sony got hacked and your details got out. Not the first time, nor the last. Sony just joined a very long list.

Fl0yd

May 3, 2011
Now this was a great improvement. Try to stick to recent events like this. The humour works much better with those.

Jacob Haggarty

Sep 1, 2010
Actually, i didnt mind this one, his comment about I-pet made me laugh.

But most imprtantly, he reminded me of TOMBA.

Oh sweet lord, that game was my childhood and i forgot about it. I only ever had a demo of it, but i loved it to bits and played it over and over again.

So yeah, still not convinced this is a good show, but i dont mind this episode too much.

You carry on this may Mr. Jim, and you may well have found yourself a new fan =)

Oh, and if anyone knows what the opening song is, please share. Much obliged.

DragonSama

Jul 20, 2009
sravankb said:
DragonSama said:
I'm just posting to say I didn't watch this. this show is terrible. I refuse to watch it.

that is all
Why bother posting then?

OT: I agree with his remark on the goddamn firmware updates. Those get annoying really fast and serve no purpose whatsoever.
Mainly to prove a point that this show is losing viewers and not getting the ad revenue from my viewership. Hence letting the escapist know that as well.

TilMorrow

Diabolical Party Member
Jul 7, 2010
Toombi!!! I would convert to the PS3 instantly if I had access to the original and sequel! Well not fully...

Anyway... Vain prick is vain? yep. Though the firm ware point was good and not as much crazy ranting as before.

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
Archmike said:
Verlander said:
If people like it, that's great. If people don't, they should be allowed to say so. After all, isn't that what a democracy is about.
I never said they weren't, I was merely positing a theory not shouting anyone down o_O
Not sure why the hostility tbh :(
I don't think I was hostile, sorry if it came out that way man

Ascarona

Jan 24, 2010
He makes some solid points for once, definately an improvement over the previous two. I'd really like to see Toomba and Medievil again but those firmware updates don't really bother me at all.