Jimquisition: The Weird is Not Enough

Jennacide

Dec 6, 2007
Still not a fan of Sterling for being quite the blowhard, but this time he at least brings up good points. A comparison he should of made is between Noby Noby Boy and Katamari. There is equally insane shit going on from the NPCs in Katamari, but you still take the limelight and have the most absurd aspect going on. Add in the fact that when you ball anyone up they react to it somehow for added hilarity. (Especially the street punks, funniest noise in the game)

Sunder845

PC Exclusive
Sep 9, 2009
I would say that Jimquisition would be better suited in the form of an article or podcast.

Ima842

Jan 8, 2011
What is the song at the start of the video, that's the only reason I watch it.

Escapefromwhatever

Feb 21, 2009
This wasn't as bad as the others. Showing gameplay footage and bringing props in helped to alleviate some of the talking head syndrome that has been plaguing this show since its first episode.

Chucker

Sep 3, 2008
I agree with some of the threads here, very good point made about arty games. Interactivity is the moral of the story with game development, it can be different but it should at least be playable, dare I say fun.

2xDouble

Mar 15, 2010
Allright. Now I'm sold. Very funny this week, Jim. Keep up the evolution and you'll be an awesome dragon-looking thing in no time!

Resonantscythe

Jul 28, 2009
Well, the show still seems a bit forced, but is definitely improving in both the humor and clarity of the message. Felt this sent a good message. Though honestly the ego jokes just fall completely flat for me.

iron skirt

Oct 24, 2009
dls182 said:
I'm still not quite sure what I think about this...

The humour at the start feels forced. It seems like he's trying too hard whenever he's on screen. The voiceover parts of this episode were good though. He raises interesting points that are worth listening to, then he appears on screen again and it goes back to being annoying.

As I said, still not sure. I'll wait out the growing pains of a new series
exactly what I was thinking... although I like the hole thank God for me part...

siddif

Aug 11, 2009
Most times i watch this i walk away disappointed but I want to give this a chance. The review segments are becoming more polished but the "to Camera" pieces are much less bearable and overly smug (I know its a characterisation but its a character im not too fond of).

I hope once he gets into the swing of things the character may be a little more toned down (but not completely as it can be workable) and that his mini reviews and other voice overs become more prominent.

lord.jeff

Oct 27, 2010
I still have problems with the show:
1. Forced masturbation jokes, I like the I'm god almighty part of he's persona but he just isn't capable of making the vulgar jokes he wants to make.
2. The problem he talked about was more games need to be interactive, that is a problem with artsy games but it's not a unique problem, I would of like to see him actually go into some of the problems with artsy games.
3. I agreed with your ideas to begin with but if I didn't I wouldn't be swayed now, do to one main reason your bad examples are a bunch of small indie house games that barely anyones heard, I see that and I think indie games don't have the money to expand and test an idea to a working level(in a lot of cases they don't), it makes it seem like this isn't a problem in the main stream.

vivster

Oct 16, 2010
well and that's why we have jim here
to tackle issues that no one else does

the video collages could be a lot better and more descriptive instead of just playing in the background for the sake of it

dfcrackhead

Apr 14, 2009
warprincenataku said:
I've tried watching this show several times, I... just don't care for it. It sounds canned and really forced.
Where is your avatar from?

OT: So far the best this show has done for me is provide "meh" and a few thoughts about if I agree and how I'd change the game ideas I already have to better fit some of these newfound opinions.