Jimquisition: The Weird is Not Enough

magicringgirl

Apr 17, 2009
This is an interesting concept... I never really noticed the enjoyment of the npc's. However I do find that when an npc is doing something unique or creative, I often wonder why I can't too. I would like it if games were more open to options and creativity. Like in old school table top dice rolling rpg's like, D&D or World of Darkness, your options are only limited by your imagination and I as a player like seeing just how far the DM will let me go before he slings a cow from space down on my character :p

But in all seriousness games should really look into providing more options for players, and allow for creative solutions other then, "kill all the enemies", or "find the key".

Sabinfrost

Mar 2, 2011
We need an Escapist idol so we can cast our votes and kicks off the least popular series.

*hopes*

Podunk

Dec 18, 2008
Much better than before. A more original topic makes for a more engaging lecture. The attitude and style of the show also seems to be better realized than before.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
HandsomeZer0 said:
Orangafang made me spit coke all over the computer screen :p
I'm really digging this now.
That line made me realize he has potential, i think i will keep watching for a bit longer. I saw someone comment on an earlier episode that he is trying for the Colbert humor, which I can see now, but I feel like he is trying to integrate some Lewis Black in there to, but there is potential.

artanis_neravar

Apr 18, 2011
magicringgirl said:
This is an interesting concept... I never really noticed the enjoyment of the npc's. However I do find that when an npc is doing something unique or creative, I often wonder why I can't too. I would like it if games were more open to options and creativity. Like in old school table top dice rolling rpg's like, D&D or World of Darkness, your options are only limited by your imagination and I as a player like seeing just how far the DM will let me go before he slings a cow from space down on my character :p
My technique for dealing with "trouble players" was giving them dragon AIDS. I would have them roll a D20, and as soon as it bounces of the table the first time, I would tell them "You have AIDS"

EchetusXe

Jun 19, 2008
lol, "two-can".

Not as funny as last week's "skelington". But I still like how I find Jim pronouncing one word in an unusual way.

Looking forward to next Monday already.

kara_bulut

Apr 1, 2009
That's exacly how I felt about "The Path". When I went on their forums to critise it the developers and the community just told me to shut the f*** up because it was something about art being art and art art art art art.

But I wonder how much did their art sell ?