"Journalist" Who Wrote Fake GTA Story Ridicules Gamers

5-0

Apr 6, 2010
I think everyone has kind of said everything already, but suffice to say I was truly shocked when I read this story, and this "journalist" is a massive insert-your-favourite-expletive-here.

Andronicus

Terror Australis
Mar 25, 2009
If it weren't for the fact that he actually went to one of the victim's relatives to shove this in their faces, I wouldn't care. I mean, the magazine itself is obviously a piece of trash, and the guy is obviously a total brain-dead f**kwit, so I couldn't care less about what he says, and would encourage others to feel the same. But if he uses his insane fabrications to force an emotional reaction out of other people for his pathetic excuse for journalism, and then refuses to even see that what he's writing about is simply a joke, then he deserves to be fired.

Out of a cannon.

Apr 29, 2010
I don't know who this man is. I don't care who this man is. All I have to say to him is this: Journalism. You're doing it wrong.

Redlin5_v1legacy

Better Red than Dead
Aug 5, 2009
Jack and Calumon said:
Calumon: Silly man is VERY silly.
I'd have to agree with you Calumon. How have you been doing these past few weeks? I haven't seen you very much.

OT: Oh, this guy is going to get sooooo trolled. For a long time. I bet someone already recommended 4chan to do it by now.

lacktheknack said:
Anybody wanna call /v/?
I guess I was right!

Wardnath

Dec 27, 2009
Andronicus said:
If it weren't for the fact that he actually went to one of the victim's relatives to shove this in their faces, I wouldn't care. I mean, the magazine itself is obviously a piece of trash, and the guy is obviously a total brain-dead f**kwit, so I couldn't care less about what he says, and would encourage others to feel the same. But if he uses his insane fabrications to force an emotional reaction out of other people for his pathetic excuse for journalism, and then refuses to even see that what he's writing about is simply a joke, then he deserves to be fired.

Out of a cannon.

Into the sun.
Fixed that for ya. :)

The Warden

Oct 6, 2009
I suggest that if this does not effect gamers we simply leave him alone, morons like that never change their mind.

Jake the Snake

Mar 25, 2009
He's nothing but a troll. And if not, he's just unbearably thick. This guy isn't worth the effort, I will not feed into his ego by giving him attention.

Blow_Pop

Supreme Evil Overlord
Jan 21, 2009
The_root_of_all_evil said:
aprilmarie said:
He does realize that females play games too right?
This is a Star reporter. The closest he's ever been to a woman is when his story is on page 2.
touche that is almost like male gamers recognizing female gamers and realizing that sometimes we can kick their ass at their favorite game......

TheDoctor455

Friendly Neighborhood Time Lord
Apr 1, 2009
Ugh...
First this idiot publishes outright fabrication as fact, and then whines when we call him on it.
Could someone please revoke his press pass? (assuming he has one)
If this guy knew anything about games, he should have realized that it is very rare for games to use ACTUAL photos as cover art, which should have been a tip that "this is fake".

Oh, and... "Jerry" was it?
The reason we're pissed off at you is because you clearly practice in irresponsible, unethical, or at least idiotic journalism, and well... the news media in general has been trying to pull this kind of shit on gaming ever since it started, and I'm pretty sure most of us are sick of putting up with this kind of crap. No, we're not saying you're evil (at least, most of us aren't... I think), we're just saying that you are a sleazy hack.
And... I'm pretty sure most of us don't spend ALL day playing games, its a hobby, nothing more; which only points out your own willful ignorance... as if that weren't blatantly obvious by this point.
Oh... and as to your call for a "virtual reality" challenge... uh... no... I'm pretty sure that you'd lose... since I highly doubt you've touched a game in your life.

Radelaide

May 15, 2008
Eh, some douchebag thinks some people who really LOVE their hobby are douchebags. I'm pretty sure that if Rockstar cared, they'd use this guys ass.

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
Spot1990 said:
johnman said:
The daily star? Thast even more a of piece of crap than the Sun, nothing they publish is news worthy. Seriosuly, its audience consists of people who find the Sun to hard to understand.
And at least the Sun has tits. I like how he assumes as gamers we spend all day playing games not realising it's just like any hobby he has. Y'know we set aside time in our lives for videogames just like he sets aside time for drinking too much, bigotry and lying.
The Daily Star is full of Tits