Judge Awards Sony With Visitor IDs of PS3 Hacker's Website

beema

Aug 19, 2009
this is a ridiculous abuse of judicial power. there really needs to be more checks on stuff like this. it's becoming absurd. Does Sony not realize the amount of bad press this whole debacle is giving their company?

sunami88

Jun 23, 2008
Macrobstar said:
No. I like my PS3, they may have my info but I don't care, I have done nothing wrong and anyone who is innocent has nothing to worry about
I'm not trying to flame here, I'm genuinely curious: Don't you think it's seriously frightening that we've defined guilt as spuriously as "clicked on a link to Youtube/Twitter/Google" (or anything for that matter)? Think of the precedence that sets... and we all know how those wacky American lawyers love to quote precedence.

[font color=white].[/font]
[hr]

EDIT:
Cleaned up some grammar. I always see at least some minor fault with my post the second after I post it.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
chinangel said:
Hey, sony is being a colossal phallus about this. Who's surprised? Even slightly?
I can't wait to see how this turns out since I'm predicting that Sony will also end up being sued for draining peoples' bank accounts by way of identity theft.

jovack22

Jan 26, 2011
Macrobstar said:
jovack22 said:
People speak with your dollar.

Stop buying bluray, and PS3 games. Switch to PC, Wii, or XBOX360 if you want to game...

Feeding this mega corporation is a bad idea considering the fact that they are willing to go to these lengths.
No. I like my PS3, they may have my info but I don't care, I have done nothing wrong and anyone who is innocent has nothing to worry about
You like your PS3 more than your own freedoms?

It's that kind of immaturity that gives gamers a bad stereotype.

jovack22

Jan 26, 2011
SomethingAmazing said:
This is turning out to be better than I expected. I thought the weak willed jury would rule that PS3s belong to the people who buy the right to use them. Or something of that matter. But now with this information, we can hopefully quash PS3 pirates.
The jury had nothing to do with this. This was solely because of Sony's lawyers.

and I like how you say "we" as if you're "buddies" with sony. You think Sony would think twice about your personal interests if it ever conflicted with their own?

Jabberwock xeno

Oct 30, 2009
Oh, and PLEEEASSE tell me that the other people are trying to appeal or whatever.

This judge is overstepping his power by a long shot, I wish the superme court would get involved in this shit so it'd be settled with permanantly.

I'd rather have it ruled the wrong ruleing honestly than have it be this huge legal limbo that it is now.

Dogstile

Jan 17, 2009
Calibretto said:
Haha CHampions train LOSERS COMPLAIN
GG cheaters
Oh this is the best day of my life I will title today
The day cheaters got what was coming to them
hmmm need something a little more flashy.... JUSTICE DAY!!!
Research, it helps make you not seem like an idiot. I visited his site, I don't own a PS3, they have my information, i'm pissed off.

If the best day of your life is the day when personal privacy gets raped over jailbreaking, then you have issues.

oldtaku

Jan 7, 2011
Raesvelg said:
Would you consider it inappropriate to subpoena someone who witnessed an accident, chuckled, and walked off?
Congratulations, sir, that's the dumbest thing I've seen all day on the internet, and that's quite a high (low?) standard!

RatheMcGrath

May 24, 2010
You know, I gotta say, its sure nice of Sony to ensure that this guy will always get all the money for legal support that he needs. I'm just waiting for Anonymous to weigh in, now.

gibboss28

Feb 2, 2008
SaintWaldo said:
gibboss28 said:
as I said in a previous post:
I wish Sony would get a grip, this entire thing is the equivalent of Sony slipping on a bit of ice, and then flinging their own shit at the people who saw it happen.

Because all of this is simply about Sony being pissed off about the fact someone showed them up.
snip
Yeah you've got a point, I wasn't thinking of it from that point of view.

joshthor

Aug 18, 2009
makes me proud to not own a sony product. i was actually considering buying a ps3 before this stuff happened. i wonder how much money sony is losing due to this. they are being bigger dicks than apple.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
I'm not bothered by this. Honestly, I don't care if they have my info because every service I use has it, Facebook, Google, etc., so I'm not gonna get all excited about this. What Sony did came as no surprise to me, I honestly kinda expected them to do that, music companies did this when piracy was out of hand and it's no different now.

Flame me if you want, I don't care because I've never been to that site, nor do I have anything to hide.

Business as usual, nothing to see here.

Fiz_The_Toaster

books, Books, BOOKS
Legacy
Jan 19, 2011
Country
United States
arc1991 said:
Well...they had it coming...

Now I'm going to sit back and laugh *gets Pepsi, Popcorn, and Oreo's*...

Who's with me?
I'll bring chips and salsa, is that cool?

Buizel91

Autobot
Aug 25, 2008
Well...they had it coming...

Now I'm going to sit back and laugh *gets Pepsi, Popcorn, and Oreo's*...

Who's with me?

EDIT: Just read it properly...

Do they really need all that information ? o_O

Still either way it should be interesting, I'm still getting the Pepsi, Popcorn and Oreo's...