Just When You Thought They Couldn't Go Any Lower...

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Yep, that somehow not defined as a hate group Wesboro Baptist Church is at it again, protesting the funerals of the kids that died in the Sandy Hook shooting:
http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/lookout/protest-westboro-baptist-church-erupts-185802032.html

... Shirley Phelps-Roper, a spokesperson for the Westboro church, and daughter of church founder Fred Phelps, posted on Twitter, "Westboro will picket Sandy Hook Elementary School to sing praise to God for the glory of his work in executing his judgment." ...
Sing praise at God's glory. For killing 20 5-7 year olds. WHAT THE HOLY MOTHERFUCUKING FUCKIN' FUCK?!?!?!?!?!?

OK, WBC, I can 'get' protesting soldiers funerals, I can 'get' protesting Comic-Con, I can 'get' protesting rock bands, but this? This is surely the vilest thing you have ever done in the name of your god. "Yay, these kids are dead because God executed His judgement! FUCK FAGS!"[footnote]Please don't banhammer me for this, I don't think this in the slightest.[/footnote]

At the very least, Anonymous has hacked their Twitter and personal site, again, and there's petitions to Investigate their tax-exempt status by the IRS [https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/investigate-irs-tax-exempt-status-westboro-baptist-church/YrKbHYtV] and to legally reconize the church as a hate group [https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/legally-recognize-westboro-baptist-church-hate-group/DYf3pH2d?utm_source=wh.gov&utm_medium=shorturl&utm_campaign=shorturl].

To help make us all feel better, here's the Foo Fighters trolling these bastards:

PsychicTaco115

I've Been Having These Weird Dreams Lately...
Legacy
Mar 17, 2012
Country
United States
Hell, even the KKK are against these guys

You know you done f**ked when the FREAKING KKK hates you >.>

thesilentman

What this
Jun 14, 2012
Funny guys. I hope that they realize that if real life vigilantes don't get to them, the internet vigilantes will. As much as I hate the Christians that try to force their religion down my throat, this has made me throw down my hate of those guys and join them against this "church".

I really have only one way to say this: [HEADING=1]FUCK THOSE GUYS.[/HEADING]

And to all the guys out there against them, you have my full support.

EDIT-

PsychicTaco115 said:

Source? Sorry, the research person in me is acting up.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
I'm just gonna say it, I hope one day someone shoots them all. Every single one of them. I'll be more thrilled then the day I learned Bin Laden was assassinated.

They're monsters, plain and simple.

DudeistBelieve

TellEmSteveDave.com
Sep 9, 2010
thesilentman said:
Funny guys. I hope that they realize that if real life vigilantes don't get to them, the internet vigilantes will. As much as I hate the Christians that try to force their religion down my throat, this has made me throw down my hate of those guys and join them against this "church".

I really have only one way to say this: [HEADING=1]FUCK THOSE GUYS.[/HEADING]

And to all the guys out there against them, you have my full support.

EDIT-

PsychicTaco115 said:

Source? Sorry, the research person in me is acting up.
Oh yeah cause that'll teach them. HACK THEIR WEBSITE, CAUSE THAT WORKED THE LAST 3 TIMES <.< These guys will never go away.

Goofguy

Nov 25, 2010
They're complete and utter assholes but is anyone really surprised?

Frankly, I'm just waiting for the day they come out and say they've been joking all along.

sextus the crazy

Oct 15, 2011
Yeah, it's nice to have a big fat target, but shouldn't we spend our time ignoring these guys as apposed to fueling site traffic (like PETA).

Rawne1980

Jul 29, 2011
I love reading about those folks.

Everytime I hear about them I keep expecting the ghost of Jeremy Beadle to pop out (a lot of you won't know who he was and I can't be bothered explaining).

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
How do you get declared a hate group?
Apparently it's not by doing what these guys are doing. Maybe you'd have to drown a puppy?

Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, yeah, they're bad people. We know. This needs to start being ignored, you know they want you to be outraged. Just write them off, they are not even worth the words I am typing right now.

Saika Renegade

Nov 18, 2009
Unfortunately, they get attention because they persist in inflicting emotional grief and their little cult (check the membership--every last one is related to a Phelps in some way) is lousy with lawyers, and frankly if they showed up in Connecticut in the face of thousands of grieving people mourning lost children, I would not be surprised if their cars got rolled over this time around (they've had vehicle windows broken out before on camera, not that I'm sparing a tear for that. Letting one rip in their mail slot, perhaps).

Other groups have been stripped of governmental protections for less.

GartarkMusik

Jan 24, 2011
Exactly what I wanted to say. Hats off to you sir!

OP: To go off of what canadamus said, these are the worst kinds of attention whores. They don't care what kind of attention they get, as long as someone is listening to them.

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
Okay, there's trolling for attention and then there throwing gas on a fire and dancing in it. This goes beyond their usual attention grab, this is the kind of stunt that might get their members murdered. People are really upset and emotional over this, this is just going to make them more angry and likely to do something crazy. Unless they want to make martyrs out of themselves this seems like a really bad idea from all angles.

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
Souplex said:
How do you get declared a hate group?
Apparently it's not by doing what these guys are doing. Maybe you'd have to drown a puppy?
I think you need to encourage violence and hate against a recognized minority... which homosexuals are sadly not yet.

I don't mean recognized as in PEOPLE realize they are a minority but the GOVERNMENT needs to do so. Just keep signing that petition folks. The sooner the WBC can be arrested or (hopefully) shot on sight the average IQ of the US will jump up a point.

Darks63

Mar 8, 2010
canadamus_prime said:
They're Trolls that operate IRL, why do we keep paying attention to them?
Because people seem to never learn when it comes to these guys, although if people did stop reacting to these ppl i believe that the WBC would resort to violence to get their attention fix.

Al-Bundy-da-G

Apr 11, 2011
PsychicTaco115 said:

I can just see the Klan having a rally and the WBC shows up. The Head Klan member jumps up and says "We're not with them!"

The Sanctifier

Nov 26, 2012
I've watched a documentary on Westboro by Louie Theroux. The group pretty much hates everyone apart from themselves, including soldiers, other religions, and their own country. the sad thing is that they brainwash their kids from an early age to stop thinking critically about things.

DrunkOnEstus

In the name of Harman...
May 11, 2012
Human garbage. My understanding is that Christians are supposed to live as Jesus did, and I'm 99% sure he would not approve of this shit. Crossing my fingers that at least one grieving family member knows how to fashion a decent molotov cocktail. I severely edited my wishes to avoid the banhammer, I'll just say that all of my hate is generally saved for those who live for hate itself (Neo-nazis, these bastards).

Kuilui

Apr 1, 2010
Well this is the worst thing I have ever seen them do. Hopefully like I've seen happen other times the local police and members of the community make sure they don't actually get to the funeral. Seriously though if they make it there I wouldn't be surprised to hear about some kind of vicious assault against these people.I know that's what they want and well they may get more then what they are bargaining for this time. Monsters, absolutely evil monsters.