Keep Calm and Feel Emotions

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
So many polygons in Cage's face..

The Wooster said:
Polygone.
Is that anything to do with this "doge" thing I've seen floating about lately?

Dec 14, 2009
I don't think you understand Mr. Carter.

You see, Beyond has so many polygons, so many pixels, and as we all know, polygons is emoshuns.

Don't you like emoshuns Mr. Carter?

Emoshuns is power.

EmoshunsEmoshunsEmoshunsEmoshunsEmoshunsEmoshunsEmoshunsEmoshunsEmoshunsEmoshunsEmoshunsEmoshunsEmoshunsEmoshunsEmoshunsEmoshunsEmoshunsEmoshunsEmoshuns

Teoes

Poof, poof, sparkles!
Jun 1, 2010
Maphysto said:
Does anybody actually respect David Cage anymore?
I'd be willing to bet that David Cage still respects David Cage.

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010

Anyway, it's such a shame that David Cage seems to be becoming increasingly shit, quite frankly, when it comes to making games. I loved Fahrenheit for all it's craziness, and found Heavy Rain quite enjoyable too for what it was.

But, judging by what pretty much everyone has said about Beyond, it looks like he's just become flat out shit, and that's disappointing.

Nooners

Sep 27, 2009
I gotta say, seeing Erin in a black dress gown? Yes, please. I'll be in my bunk.

JimB

Apr 1, 2012
I get the feeling I'm rather glad I haven't played this game and that my enjoyment of this strip is predicated primarily on being pleasantly surprised at how well Erin cleans up.

MrBaskerville

Mar 15, 2011
I don't want Cage to stop, i just kinda wished that his games weren't critically acclaimed, it sends the wrong signals. Hack writing = the pinnacle of videogame storytelling. :p What really want is a movie by David Cage, he could make an 8 hour long court drama with countless surprise witnesses and lots of crying. Think of all those emotions, people are going to drown in tears.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
*clicks the link in the little caption-blurb that leads to the walkthrough of the Party* Wait, who's this "Jodie" person? Everyone knows Ellen Page was the main character of Beyond!

Drummodino

Can't Stop the Bop
Jan 2, 2011
You clearly are not sophisticated enough to appreciate the emotions Grey! The level of polygons in this title is unprecedented and this has led to the most vivid emotions in a video game ever!

It is not the film's game's fault you do not enjoy it, it is yours!

Ruisu

Enjoy the Silence
Jul 11, 2013
So the game is written like shit. Don't really see what's so "hateable" about it.

But then again, I'm the kind of person that never hates anything in general entertainment.

CorvusFerreum

Jun 13, 2011
Teoes said:
Maphysto said:
Does anybody actually respect David Cage anymore?
I'd be willing to bet that David Cage still respects David Cage.
Well he deserves respect for the sheer baldness boldness of putting "Citizen Cage" posters in Fahrenheit.

Also: The youtubevideo linked by Grey was accompanied by an add for Carrie. Google knows.

Arslan Aladeen

Oct 9, 2012
Ruisu said:
So the game is written like shit. Don't really see what's so "hateable" about it.

But then again, I'm the kind of person that never hates anything in general entertainment.
I think it might be one of those cases where it's hard to separate the artist from the art. David Cage generally acts like he's the savior of storytelling in games and usually sounds like he hates the medium.

II2

Mar 13, 2010
Yeah... It hit the shithouse singularity. When uncanny valley Willem Defoe can't elevate or redeem you, you've gone past the acceptable threshold of nonsense headwank.

"I'm going back to Lars Von Trier - he treats me right"