Kidnapped Teen Forced to Buy PS3

psyk

Dec 25, 2008
so you have do get on the news to be doing something important? GET OUT YOUR HOUSE.

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
JimmyBassatti said:
Amnestic said:
JimmyBassatti said:
OT: I don't get why everyone is calling them stupid, since I don't see any of you doing anything of importance.
Eh?

I don't follow. We're not doing anything of importance (a criminally short view considering you probably know little about everyone posting here) so we can't - rightfully - brand these criminals as stupid?
Your not doing anything news worthy, correct? Then you obviously aren't doing anything that is worthy of remembrance. At least they made it into the news, yes?
So we shouldn't insult the stupid because they did something so ridiculous they made it into the news?

The stupid and the inept make it into the news all the time.

And you have no idea if I'm not doing anything news worthy. For all you know, I could be making breakthroughs in the treatment of cancer.

I mean, I'm not, but the possibility is there. You know what they say about making assumptions.

psyk

Dec 25, 2008
ah selective reading of forum posts got to love it well here you go again jim

"Jimmy instead of just robbing the kid and his house then going to buy a ps3 themselves they took the kid along and forced him to buy it, how is that not stupid?"

EDIT - and thats just one reason how about they used guns in the first place when fists a knife even a baseball bat would of worked fine.

PsykoDragon

Aug 19, 2008
There was that whole scene made about banning PS2's from Iraq (early 2000 I think?) because they can be modified to become missile-guidance systems. Dunno if that was the truth or not, but might apply to this situation.

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
i can see this

but no they would have been the stupidist if they tried to get ransome money

that never works.......

wolfy098

May 1, 2009
SirBryghtside said:
So... wait...

They expected a teenager to be able to get them a gun?

Why did they want a gun anyway, since they were already armed?

And why did they choose the PS3 over the XBox?

Oh God, my head...
WE all know why they chose the PS3...

because even idiots know its better

lizards

Jan 20, 2009
JimmyBassatti said:
Amnestic said:
JimmyBassatti said:
OT: I don't get why everyone is calling them stupid, since I don't see any of you doing anything of importance.
Eh?

I don't follow. We're not doing anything of importance (a criminally short view considering you probably know little about everyone posting here) so we can't - rightfully - brand these criminals as stupid?
Your not doing anything news worthy, correct? Then you obviously aren't doing anything that is worthy of remembrance. At least they made it into the news, yes?
to be honest i would rather live a life of obscruity than in jail.....

wolfy098

May 1, 2009
lizards said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Amnestic said:
JimmyBassatti said:
Eh?

to be honest i would rather live a life of obscruity than in jail.....
I'd rather be obscure than famous...
so I don't see your point there...

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
As a Florida resident, I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if this turns out to be legit.

Zildjin81

Feb 7, 2009
Does anyone else think this is just the (very) elaborate excuse that the kid gave his parent's for taking there money and buying a PS3?

Hazy

Jun 29, 2008
historybuff said:
Oh c'mon, this story came out of FLORIDA. Of course, it could be true! It's Florida!

Even fark.com has a special label for news that comes out of Florida because it's so weird/stupid.
I can't debate that for a second.

Idiotic crimes (Some petty, others, not so much) happen down here all the time.

theultimateend

Nov 1, 2007
SirBryghtside said:
So... wait...

They expected a teenager to be able to get them a gun?

Why did they want a gun anyway, since they were already armed?

And why did they choose the PS3 over the XBox?

Oh God, my head...
Ever been to walmart?

They won't let you hear curse words on CD's sold at their store but they'll sell a 9 year old a semi automatic if the kid has his lunch money.