Kinda-sorta famous relations.

londelen

Apr 15, 2009
So I was just wondering what kinda sorta famous people you are related to, either by blood or marriage or some other union. As for the definition of "Kinda sorta famous" I mean, well it's difficult to describe. Here's an example (that is also true)

By blood: James G. Blaine, was a senator from Maine, ran for president but lost :(, The Maine governor's house is named after him.

By union: The Co-pilot of the Hindenburg

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
My grandmother claims we're related to Michael Owen (soccer star) through marriage.
Not sure how true that is, though. My grandmother is an odd person.

Radeonx

Apr 26, 2009
According to my family, my ancestor fought in the final battle of the Civil War.

RebelRising

Jan 5, 2008
One of my ancestors on my mother's side was one of the original Plymouth pilgrims.

My great-grandfather was a Hussar in World War One, and was a political prisoner of Admiral Horthy in Nazi Hungary (Nazi Hungary back then, not Nazi Hungary now.).

My grandfather on my mother's side of the family is an esteemed lawyer in California, and has written extensive volumes of law that are used in legal schools.

Berethond

Nov 8, 2008
My ancestor John Law advised King Louis XIV, and led to the financial/economical collapse of the France, sparking the French Revolution.

Oh, and he murdered a man in England.

frank220

Dec 25, 2008
My grandfather invented the battery powered smoke detector and my great-great-uncle was a Supreme Court Justice. My Great(x6) grandfather was knighted for saving King Henry VIII's from drowning in a ditch while fox hunting.

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
I'm embaressed to admit that I heard I'm related to Isaac Mizrahi, a gay fashion designer. Figures I'd have the worst one of all that get mentioned.

LilGherkin

Aug 15, 2008
Who cares who you're distantly related to that's famous. Get famous and it won't matter who you're related to that's famous. (Unless you're a part of some sort of family duo.)

Kuchinawa212

Apr 23, 2009
My great uncle was president of Cuba for a few months.

I just forgot his name. I gotta look that up.

the protaginist

Jul 4, 2008
My Great-uncle robbed the same bank twice.

Related by blood to the first official Pretzel maker in America.

I've got more, just gotta think.

BolognaBaloney

Mar 17, 2009
I'm related to Davy Crockett, not through blood, but marriage. Still, it's pretty cool.

EDIT: Oh, and my family descends from William the Conqueror, so yeahh...

Magus44

Aug 26, 2008
I remember being told when I was young that I was around 20th in line for princedom of a country I can no longer remember. I also remember being told that my Scottish ancestors have a castle on the Loch in Scotland. And finally, my Mums' Dads' Dad was a sea captain of a schooner. I found this out a while ago. He is now my hero.

londelen

Apr 15, 2009
This isn't really famous at all, but still, I think it could count, I suppose.

I'm related (by blood) to a man who is a certified "Alaska Master Guide" and does hunting tours with people. Apparently he is one of the best.

RemSaverem

Aug 13, 2008
William Penn (Founder of Pennsylvania) through a line on my dad's side.
Einstein through a line on my mom's side.

Me? I just work for a big-name video game company. I'm famous to a degree.