Kinect Becomes the Fastest Selling Gizmo Ever

EvilestDeath

Nov 4, 2009
Worgen said:
the fact that sold well is the most retarded thing Ive ever heard
I don't get it? Is that a comment about how much you dislike the Kinect? (I think someones sad they didn't get one...or maybe is just a PS3 fan lol)

Anyho, I find it retarded that it is breaking a record which sounds like it was just made up recently. Didn't the Wii win this one? Or the original iPhone? Of pretty much anyone of the Nintendo DS's. I think they are just making records up now to promote something new...again.

Whatever the case may be, I am happy for the Kinect if only because the added popularity stupid awards like this one will at least lead to more company's investing in making some new software for the Kinect.

Playstation Move fans...U Mad?

The Rockerfly

Dec 31, 2008
I am surprised, pleasantly of course. I knew Microsoft wouldn't be stupid enough to put so much money into a product that would tank but I never realised how successful it would get. At least it is deserving of the sales as it is a very good piece of hardware and a good laugh especially when drunk

EvilestDeath

Nov 4, 2009
BrunDeign said:
Congrats and all that, but where are the hardcore games? I know this has been asked a lot already, but none of these "must have" games are action titles or shooters or platformers. Just a bunch of kids stuff, regardless of who (Double Fine is making Sesame Street and I think Twisted Pixel is making Gunslinger) is making them. And what about Shadows of the Damned, or whatever it's called? I figured that would be important right? RIGHT? CONSIDERING IT IS ONE OF THE FEW LEGITIMATELY HARDCORE TITLES YOU HAVE SLATED FOR RELEASE?

Good on ya for breaking 10 mil (if you actually have that many sold this time and NOT SHIPPED LIKE LAST TIME) but unless you can provide great, thrilling experiences that my Wii can't, I see no reason to buy one. Honestly what's the point if you can't support it with at least SOME great games right off the bat?
How long did it take the Wii to get a hardcore game?

As far as experiences go, you should ask that of the Playstation Move not of the Kinect. The simple lack of controller and addition of a camera pretty much has the Wii beat with capabilities. But as all things go, it is all biased on what you think about what something can do. Dance Central is something I haven't seen the Wii do (without the big white dildo grasped in my hand)As well as the video chat added in. But again is personal preference.

The "great games" you are looking for are completely biased on (here we go again) personal preferences. Dance Central and Kinect Sports are some great games from my point of view. And I bet others will say otherwise and list their favs.

Andy Chalk

One Flag, One Fleet, One Cat
Nov 12, 2002
Renardeau said:
10M Kinects with one game for each, and I'll believe this why? They probably mean 10M units shipped to retailers, but even then, each actual owner wouldn't have many games.
No, according to the press release that's ten million sold, not shipped.

ryo02

Oct 8, 2007
ever other week it seems you here best selling game ever best selling console ever best selling gizmo ever.

get over it the population of the world is growing is all.

Swifteye

Apr 15, 2010
Well the kinetic actually did look like fun. Well as long as you weren't playing sonic riders. Glad it made ten million but how well is it going to sell a year from now?

Shycte

Mar 10, 2009
I played this at a friend house. We were 5 guys and 3 gals and it was hilarious. Great fun with Kinect Sport and Kinect Adventrue. I don't know if I would get one myself though. Maybe in the future.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
To be honest, I'm surprised. I guess I wasn't their target market because I didn't see any incentive for me or any of my friends to buy it. But more power to them I guess.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Considering the rate at which world population is increasing and computer usage is increasing .. everything will always set a new record. This doesn't mean the world has fallen in love with Kinect. And considering my friend has already replaced his twice ... I'm not entirely sure those numbers represent individual sales.

mjc0961

YOU'RE a pie chart.
Nov 30, 2009
...Damn. Nice job Microsoft. Now if you'll excuse me, as someone who mocked anyone at Microsoft every time they made a statement about how well it would sell, I feel this is appropriate:
\

(and no that's not me, I just grabbed a random image)

I'm still enjoying my Move a whole lot and have no interest in buying Kinect, though.

Vitor Goncalves

Mar 22, 2010
Antari said:
Considering the rate at which world population is increasing and computer usage is increasing .. everything will always set a new record. This doesn't mean the world has fallen in love with Kinect. And considering my friend has already replaced his twice ... I'm not entirely sure those numbers represent individual sales.
Well if your friend replaced his twice buying new ones, he is not being very smart. If he didnt and instead used the warranty to have it replaced then I am sure it doesnt count as new sale.

Calcium

Dec 30, 2010
I still can't see any games that would lead me to getting one. Avatar Chat looks kind of cool, but I want two good games released (not just minigames) before I consider buying one.

I'm pleased it did well just for the fact it's going to annoy the "Microsoft sux0rz lolololol" crowd.

Raistlinhawke

Nov 28, 2009
I need a source article for this. Reports are coming in elsewhere that state the 10 million figure is the amount of units SHIPPED, not sold. This could significantly change the outcome of this "record", as subjective and arguable as it is, as shipped is merely the stock selling to retailers, not the direct per-unit sales to costumers.