Kinect Becomes the Fastest Selling Gizmo Ever

Nieroshai

Aug 20, 2009
As soon as I believe this is actually true, I'll ask why the hell this even happened on a system notorious for its users hating motion controls.

darksakul

Old Man? I am not that old .....
Jun 14, 2008
Kinect Becomes the Fastest Selling Gizmo Ever
Who cares? Almost the whole Kinect line up are Wii-knock offs and Children games.

I actually expect these figures, with the money put into this if the Kinect failed, Microsoft would of just sack there whole Gaming Dept, just like what they would have done if Halo 3 didn't have the sales record it did. Then no more Xbox 360 support, no more production of Xbox 360. Keep in mind when Halo 3 came out, 1 out of 3 Xbox 360 units was dead out of the box or near dead Totaling in billions in lost revenue. Microsoft doesn't care, their big money makers always been in less fun and more serious products any ways. Example Microsoft Office 2007 sold more copies in it's first month than Halo 3 did its first year. A typical Xbox 360 game is approx $60?, a copy of a office suite is $400. The Heads of Microsoft do not care for or even like their whole gaming wing, to them its a business. You keep what is successful and throw our what is holding you back. The only reason they held on to the 360 this long is that they own a share of the gaming market, they have a presence in whats was before was Nintendo, Sony and Sega's Domain.

The.Bard

Jan 7, 2011
FungiGamer said:
1) Welcome to the internet, where people are free to have opinions!

2) "You are the controller", what a unique tagline that was never used before with a full motion body sensor! oh wait http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ql-UZv3AS-E In my opinion this is just low on Microsoft's part.

Also Mario Kart Wii. Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Wario Ware. Super Mario Bros. Wii. I could go on, take your pick of fun games.

3) I'll admit that last part was stretching it, but why anyone would get a Kinect is STILL beyond my understanding. I'll admit that my opinions are biased at this point, but I am still entitled to that opinion not to mention the fact that there seem to be a countless number of people who feel the same exact way.

I hope this is enough clarification, and good day to you sir!
You, sir, have insulted my honor! I challenge you to a Dance Central DUUUUUUUUUUU-ELL!

*ahem* Maybe it's because I work in marketing, but I don't pay much attention to ad campaigns because they are mostly fluffy BS. Much like movie trailers, I try to steer clear of them.

That said, for someone like me, who has PC/360 but not a PS3, Wii, or Sega Activator, Kinect is fairly innovative. Honestly, if I only used it for Netflix (once they update it), it would totally be worth the money to me. (Nothing sucks more than having bbq sauce on your fingers and trying to pause a movie with your elbows.) But Kinect has helped my wife not only understand, but actually join in on some of my gaming sessions, and for that... it's pure gold.

While I wouldn't say I'm entirely swayed by Eye Candy, the Wii's graphical capabilities are just... I tried to like them, but they repulse me. Calling it two gamecubes duct taped together is a very generous compliment, if you ask me. I've used it at parties, and the only fun we tend to have is making fun of it. But certainly, for people who can stomach it, those games are solid, I am told.

You are certainly entitled to question Kinect, though for your own mental prosperity, I would encourage you and everyone who hates it to at least go to a store and try it before you call it rubbish. I was very wary of it until I got to try it. Granted, I don't pull Dance Central or Kinect Adventures out 3x a week, but I am fairly dedicated to Your Shape. With a good pair of weights, that thing will kick your keester.

garjian

Mar 25, 2009
you sure?

i did some networking, and i asked everyone i knew, to ask everyone they knew, to ask everyone they knew whether they knew anyone who had even considered buying one, yet alone had one.
and... one, one person got one that i knew, a week after i asked... and not a single other person knew anyone that wanted one, or wanted one themselves.

maybe its because im in the UK, but even in GAME shops, nobody really touched the demos... nobody seemed interested.

im baffled by this news.