Kissing.

Leg End

Romans 12:18
Oct 24, 2010
Country
United States
bahumat42 said:
kissing, light groping holding hands all fine. Them straddling each other and forcing tongues into each other mouth HELL NO. Thats not what i paid for when i bought this train ticket.
We don't know that. :p

Alon Shechter said:
Kiss, hug, show affection in public? Sure!
Start erotically licking each other in public? NO!
Then you would certainly hate most of the uptown in my city. :/

They practically engage in sexual intercourse at the drop of a hat. :/

In front of city hall. :/

When there was a field trip. (O_O)

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
I don't have a problem that other people express affection towards eachother... I generally try to avoid places where it's common, and try to ignore it as best as possible, but that's just because when I see other people showing affection towards eachother, it shows me what I don't have, can't seem to get, and possibly don't karmically deserve(which might be why at every turn life seems to slap me and say in a stern tone "you don't deserve to be happy, now go scrub a toilet!") seriously though it makes me boil with an inexpliccable fury towards myself for being such a loser... but y'know my shit, my problems are meaningless, as am I... It has been proven time and time again that I am unwanted... not meant for this world... maybe I should just end it...the world that is... suicide is no fun unless everyone else dies too...

Kumomaru

May 21, 2008
I only ever saw anyone making out this one time in elementary school. Standing up in the middle of a sidewalk, in plain view of everybody going into the school. About twice my size. And sounding sloppier than the dead the sludge from Dead Space's necromorphs.

So yeah, it bothered me.

Master Kuja

May 28, 2008
I can tolerate low key public affection, but when you've got two people in our student common room locking lips and quite vocally going for it, it makes me feel remarkably uncomfortable.

Why? Because there's no need for it to be that gratuitous in a place where people come to relax, unwind and feel comfortable, when you're there going for a public display that catches absolutely fucking everybody's attention and they damn well KNOW they're making everyone uncomfortable then it's just rude and god damn selfish, hell, I've even asked people to tone it down a bit for everyone's benefit and you just get the standard "Oh fuck off" routine.

Makes me glad I never have qualms about kicking chairs from out under people who piss me off.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
So long as they don't get to second base, I'm fine, although I would feel slightly uncomfortable.

DarkLordofDevon

May 11, 2008
I tend to not put on public displays of affection very often. I consider more the feelings of all the single people and having been single for a very long time myself I don't like to rub it in peoples faces because I know how much it stings. Other people can make their own judgement calls on the situation. Gay, straight, tomayto, tomahto. As long as people are happy who cares.

theevilsanta

Jun 18, 2010
It bugs me. Good description:
Odgical said:
Why? Because I feel I have to look away. This happens a lot while waiting for trains and the lovely couples are in each others' arms, slightly in the way of the clock. So I glance at the clock, see them engrossed in their happiness together and not caring what the world thinks and I get a little uncomfortable because I don't want to disturb private moments.
Also I went to Catholic schools for ... seventeen years.

Additionally, here's a situation I recently had to contend with while walking down a narrow hallway:

Code:
 IooooI
 Io*ooI    
 I~~ooI
 IooooI
 Ioo~~I
 IooooI
(*=me walking down : ~~=hand holding couple walking up : o=open space (I'm dumb and can't figure out how to make a space hold)

It was like an obstacle course. And not the fun kind - the kind where I manage to shoulder a blokes girlfriend and get the evil eye. All I'm trying to do is go see the most complete T-Rex fossil collection ever! I know you're only there because your gfs want to see some exhibit of historical dresses and jewelry but demmit I'm 25 and I want to see more dinosaurs!

I have a significant other but I would never deign to engage in more than a couple seconds of hand-holding in a crowded area where people are walking. So yeah. That's what really ticks me off.

I get slightly more uncomfortable watching homosexual people engaging in PDAs because I rarely see it.

WOPR

Aug 18, 2010
MasterOfWorlds said:
To make it simple and easy for you

dosen't matter who's kissing who
or even if it's who's kissing what

could be a person kissing their dog
guy kissing a guy
girl kissing a guy
dog kissing a dog (that would actually be really cute ^_^)

it only bugs me if they're not really kissing so much as eating eachothers faces in public...

it's bad if the phrase "GET A ROOM!" pops into someones head

(and the only reason I added the dog thing is I actually see it a lot here... people kissing their dogs and letting their dogs lick their faces... then others start feeling sick and repulsed because they think the dog just ate it's own scat)

in short - I don't care unless they're making out

EDIT: on the note of the guy above me, I hate when people hold hands... not because they're holding hands, but because they seem to always take up the whole hall or whold sidewalk when they do (and being in america land of the stupid home of the selfish) they can't seem to think "oh hey, someones walking the other walk, we should walk in a line for a second or give him space to walk so he won't end up walking into oncomming traffic just to get around us"

not to mention that saying "Excuse me" means nothing now a days

Ekonk

Apr 21, 2009
Kissing as in - as you say - showing affection for the other: absolutely fine.
Kissing as in passionate foreplay: guys, get a room.

Stevo_s

Working on Avatar
Jan 24, 2010
With any PDA from any orientation I feel uncomfortable including my own. I just don't like to see it or hear it near me. I'm talking about serious making out though. A few kisses here and there aren't bad but when they get into it I get annoyed, they should at least try and wait until they are in private.

Evilsanta

Apr 12, 2010
Alon Shechter said:
Kiss, hug, show affection in public? Sure!
Start erotically licking each other in public? NO!
You toke the words right out of my mouth. As long as there are no erotic licking or tounge action im fine.

curty129

Jul 24, 2009
Woodsey said:
I couldn't really care less. If people are sloppy kissers though, and are properly going for it, it can get a bit odd (although I usually laugh).
Could really care less*

OT: You should make a poll, OP. I'm betting the ratio would be something like 9.8:0.2 in favour of mild public affection.

Fyi, my opinion is that yes, it is indeed fine, [sub]even if it does make me envious to my very core..[/sub]

Fetzenfisch

Sep 11, 2009
People of Earth make out wherever and in which combinations and numbers ever you like. Its fine with me, have fun. More love is never a bad thing.

curty129 said:
Woodsey said:
I couldn't really care less. If people are sloppy kissers though, and are properly going for it, it can get a bit odd (although I usually laugh).
Could really care less*

OT: You should make a poll, OP. I'm betting the ratio would be something like 9.8:0.2 in favour of mild public affection.

Fyi, my opinion is that yes, it is indeed fine, [sub]even if it does make me envious to my very core..[/sub]
Sorry its Couldn't

Sneeze

Dec 4, 2010
Kissing of any combination of genders doesn't bother me, good on them. However if they're going full fledged groping and Frenching I tend to look the other way, that can make me feel a little uncomfortable...

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
curty129 said:
Woodsey said:
Could really care less*[/sub]
Think about that for a second (you're wrong).

If I could care less, then I still care, even if it's just a smidgen. If I couldn't care less, I don't care at all.

Jonluw

May 23, 2010
It bothers me when any people show affection excessively in my presence. I don't mind a bit of kissing, but seeing people making out in public, or being alone in the same room as someone who's making out is just annoying.