Kojima Vows to Leave Industry if Next Project is a Failure

Aurora219

Aug 31, 2008
Hideo Kojima leaving the videogaming industry? That's like pulling down the Statue of Liberty.

I mean, I don't even play his games and I still like knowing he's about, you know?

Delock

Mar 4, 2009
Rainboq said:
Hmmmmm, is it wrong that I'm kinda looking forward to him leaving? I couldn't stand MGS4
I actually somewhat liked that game (the microwave tunnel actually got to me, and the final battle was one where you could really feel the blows).

zombie711 said:
oppp7 said:
I wonder what it could b-
Wait...
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99268-Lack-of-Twilight-Game-Has-Cost-Industry-Millions
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95888-Hideo-Kojima-a-Huge-Fan-of-Twilight-Judging-Fan-Art-Contest
Oh... oh God...
wait isn't he making the next castlevania game? (GASP!!!)
Didn't he also say that his next project would have mecha in it... holy crap. This... this could be big...

DividedUnity

Oct 19, 2009
Hes probably overstating its edgyness whatever it is. If Molyneux is anything to go by.

Also why is that picture used everytime theres something about Kojima. Its a really disturbing picture it looks like his crotch is smiling

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
We better hope his game doesn't fail then. The man is a living legend when it comes to video games and he made one of the most well-known video characters in history.

Good Luck Kojima.

zombie711

Aug 17, 2009
Delock said:
Rainboq said:
Hmmmmm, is it wrong that I'm kinda looking forward to him leaving? I couldn't stand MGS4
I actually somewhat liked that game (the microwave tunnel actually got to me, and the final battle was one where you could really feel the blows).

zombie711 said:
oppp7 said:
I wonder what it could b-
Wait...
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/99268-Lack-of-Twilight-Game-Has-Cost-Industry-Millions
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/95888-Hideo-Kojima-a-Huge-Fan-of-Twilight-Judging-Fan-Art-Contest
Oh... oh God...
wait isn't he making the next castlevania game? (GASP!!!)
Didn't he also say that his next project would have mecha in it... holy crap. This... this could be big...
mecha twilightvania big

Dethpixie

Apr 4, 2010
That is the sole greatest stock photo of any human being ever.

Somehow I don't see him quitting... or failing for that matter, not that his games can't be bad (fuck you Raiden) just that he has a dedicated enough fanbase that he can't really be a financial failure. And as for critical failure that's really in the eye of the beholder, people could acknowledge it as a piece of festering turd and yet Kojima himself could still proclaim it a success on the merit that it accomplished some goal he had set for his own game design, even if it is a bloody stupid goal (hour and a half cutscenes)... you know, like Molyneux does.

Not trying to hate on the man, I'm actually a fan of his work, the man is a legend and I wish him only the best.

Tolerant Fanboy

Aug 5, 2009
I am unsure if this will help or hinder Peace Walker sales.

Also, I simply can not take the man seriously while he's sitting on a pogo ducky.

SpiritMacardi

Feb 4, 2008
I'm crossing my fingers.

... For him to fail. He's chronically uncreative, and his overuse of cutscenes clearly shows that he cares only about movies as an art form and not games.

Grampy_bone

Mar 12, 2008
So we know he is

-Making a mech game
-Challenging taboos

I'm calling it now: Female protagonist.

mad825

Mar 28, 2010
*sigh*

some taboo this might be :/

judging on the pass themes he has used is going about the use of nuclear power, eating cloned animals, eating meat in general or global warming. You know, the clichéd hippy argument

tmujir955

Oct 12, 2009
soapyshooter said:
So its either MGS: Peacewalker or MGS: Rising. Oh wait, could be a totally new IP. Interested to see what the huge risk is.

The description has been changed from "Tactical Espionage Action" to "Lightning Bolt Action". So MGS: Rising might have very different gameplay, and the risk is seeing whether or not the fans like it.

soapyshooter

That Guy
Jan 19, 2010
tmujir955 said:
soapyshooter said:
So its either MGS: Peacewalker or MGS: Rising. Oh wait, could be a totally new IP. Interested to see what the huge risk is.
IMG SNIPPED

The description has been changed from "Tactical Espionage Action" to "Lightning Bolt Action". So MGS: Rising might have very different gameplay, and the risk is seeing whether or not the fans like it.
He changed that because Raiden is the playable character and Raiden literally means lightning. But could have something to do with gameplay. It does seem silly to change it because of the character guess we'll have to wait and see.

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
What is the definition of failure here? Does he mean financial failure? Failure to uphold his own standards as a game maker (if he has them)? Failure to include at least one hooker scene?

Valiance

Jan 14, 2009
I'm sure whatever it is, he'll do alright...

But it's another excuse to use that hilarious picture of him.

Souplex

Souplex Killsplosion Awesomegasm
Jul 29, 2008
But I never got my Boktai 3! Other than that I don't care.

Pirce

Nov 5, 2008
WHAT!? NO! Who else is going to make games about sunlight guns and giant robots with cockpits which are made out of a sometimes maybe guess only in the anime sentient or something. Everyone quick we must waaaait a minute, I see what he's doing here.