Kotick Takes a Swing at EA

Imperioratorex Caprae

Henchgoat Emperor
May 15, 2010
Is it me or does Kotick have terminal Foot-in-mouth disease?
I don't truly like bashing anyone, but easy targets and all. Seriously though, EA has franchises and very little in the innovation market, but then again Activision isn't much different than aside from Blizzard (and I think the way they handled Blizz was the ONLY smart thing they've done). Having one exception to the rule does not necessarily mean you're different.
The IW situation could have been handled better, and perhaps was not in keeping with this statement by Mssr. Kotick. Besides Blizz, what other studios was he talking about? Don't people get creamed usually for making broad statements without any sources to back them up?
At any rate, I think Kotick needs to hire a new PR guy and let his mouth run in the privacy of his own office, and have the new PR guy translate it diplomatically. Perhaps then his remarks wouldn't be so ignorant or incendiary and perhaps will quit giving Activision a bad rep.

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
Why do people keep listening to this guy? he's obviously craving for attention

Firia

Sep 17, 2007
So, after reading a handful of posts, I see people hating on Kotick. I've noticed before that his name causes everyone to get upset. In this post, I don't disagree with what he said, though I do disagree with his delivery. Or maybe the news coverage of the delivery demonizes it, I dunno. As is, I would expect someone at EA to be upset. But as for everyone else...?

Why do people jump on the Rage Wagon whenever Koticks name comes up? And lets be more concise than "Kotick and Activision are evil!"

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
The Kotick Way

1- Fire the heads of IW.
2- Keep the hot potato franchise of MW in your hands.
3- ???
4- Profit!

Dr. Octogonopus

Aug 31, 2010
Kotick always reminds me of a distant uncle who does nothing but drink all day during a family reunion and insult everyone there.

Jaebird

Aug 19, 2008
The only way to stop this "Kotick speaking" problem is to not give him the pleasure. Seriously, lets just all ignore him. He'll smart up and not spout stupid things. Maybe it'll also force him to actually do his job as oppose to wanking off in front of the press.

DSK-

May 13, 2010
I don't have anything left to say when good ol' Bobby makes a statement. All I can do is sit back and laugh.

Feb 19, 2010
the way i see it activision is like a man asking: you done ze game? right im selling it.

EA is like: h- hey yo dudes finished the game, if you need any extra money you can give me a ring

The Bandit

Feb 5, 2008
Jesus Phish said:
Riku said:
Kotick does have a point here. Having individual studios keep their identity while being part of a parent company is the best way forward; not only do the small companies get to keep staff and work ethic but they get the benefit of being part of an overall successful company which is designed to support them.

Ubisoft does it with their studios, Rockstar do it with theirs and even Microsoft have allowed Rare and Lionhead to keep their own structure and game-making prowess.
Thing is though, those small companies only get to stay on the roster as long as Activision sees them being able to milk the series. I agree it's a great idea in theory to just let devs do as they wish with a support of a big publisher.

EA picked up alot of small dev games after Acti axed them because they didnt think, for example, Brutal Ledgend could be milked as much as Guitar Hero.
You mean Activision hires developers based on how much money they can make?

Oh, God, the horror!

oppp7

Aug 29, 2009
So is he the only guy that says anything anymore or are you guys only reporting what he says because he's this year's internet hate figure?

OT: I don't care about opinions. If this shows up in a game, I'll complain about it then, or praise. However the game turns out.

joshuaayt

Vocal SJW
Nov 15, 2009
No, really, I ask again: Why do bigshot people keep saying things? "X said that Y is a
stupidhead company/space marine/Golden Girl"
Or has it always been Kotick doing this? I haven't been paying that much attention, sad to say. I tend to ignore the latest publisher dickeries, for better or worse.

Antari

Music Slave
Nov 4, 2009
Activision and EA seriously need to go out of business. Its the only way.

Lightslei

Feb 18, 2010

Is this man even human? o_O.....

Sure, he's technically right. However if you don't practice what you preach and people do their research, it shows Activision really isn't a bright company, especially when it comes to PR and that would hurt sales.

Or is he just trying to get EA to attack back?