Kremlin Leak?

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I think we should look at it in real life. Why do you think so many people vote for right-wing parties when doing so is against their own interests? Because they've been told their lot in life (which they are unhappy with) is someone else's fault, and right-wing parties are going to punish that group in some way.
Maybe. Honestly, when it comes to real life, I don't talk about politics much, and I haven't seen many people talk about politics, period.

Implicit in that claim is that the 8 values thing is accurate. I think it is not, and it skews its results heavily to the left.

This could just be a lack of fine tuning - note in that thread my criticism of the question design that creates ambiguity of understanding. But it could also be because of the programming of the values. Someone has to assign how various questions score towards certain values. If you ask three people - right, centre and left - to classify things as right or left wing, you will almost certainly find the left wing person classifies more things as right (because they will tend to view the centre as right) and vice versa of the right wing person.

This forum is almost certainly left-of-centre in terms of wider society, as a natural result of demographic factors for who ends up on a computer gaming forum.
Maybe it skews left, but the kooky opinions I mentioned have still been expressed. Heck, I've just come off from arguing against kooky opinions on the FNAF thread.

As for the forum ending up left of centre...well, I'm not disputing it's left of centre, but I doubt there's much correlation between playing games and political opinions. I mean, Gamergate was a thing, and that was broadly a right-wing reactionary movement. Call of Duty is one of the most popular franchises on Earth, and that's broadly right wing (incidentally, it's also part of why "keep politics out of games" is more "keep politics out of games that I don't like").

There certainly were kooky right-wing opinions here in the past, but it seems that, the Internet being the Internet, the site's gone through a filtering process. There's probably a site called Escapist, The, where it's mainly centre-right via that same filtering effect.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Trump might have conceded that something by the name of Covid-19 indeed existed. But the Covid that actually existed, the Covid that was both very dangerous and which he was consistently downplaying he did call a hoax. Not at all helped by statement such as that it would ''magically disappear in the spring''

In ''this is their new hoax'' the ''this'' refers to covid as something very dangerous that Trump is underestimating. That Trump might have conceded a friendly neighborhood version of covid existed doesn't really detract from this. He didn't want to see covid for the danger it truly was.
Uh, you're wrong. That's my response, you are wrong. He wasn't using the word "hoax" in reference to the virus in any sense. Here's a link of all the fact-checkers who don't like Trump telling you that you're wrong: https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/oct/08/ask-politifact-are-you-sure-donald-trump-didnt-cal/
Hate America? Just because someone disagree with the way you or Trump or Obama runs things, that doesn't mean they hate America. It going to be a great day when conservatives stop thinking that thier version of America is the only version of America and then pretend that anyone who disagrees hates America

The kids in cages is fucking awful and everyone involved should be in jail. It is concentration camps. They just arent Nazi one. So are the ones in Australia. I don't care if its Trump or Obama. Or, you Biden. You dont get a pass just because you've reduce the numbers. But sure, now I hate America because I've disagreed with a president.

I'm just gotta point out that if this leak is true... they were right all along.

Anyways, after seeing CPAC clapping low vaccination rate... just to own some libs is just insane. (This behavior was promoted by Trump in and out of office so that nonsense about 'treating Trump poorly' over COVID doesn't fly with me. He could have stopped this nonsense a long time ago.) So, yeah. Owning the libs is way more important than the country. So I wouldn't put it past them to make this nonsense up.
You need to take some time off the internet. Your knowledge of America is really, seriously propagandized. Just as an example, Biden didn't reduce the numbers of people in detention, they're on pace to set records this year, but also that's because people are convinced that he'll welcome them in. No, it's not concentration camps.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Uh, you're wrong. That's my response, you are wrong. He wasn't using the word "hoax" in reference to the virus in any sense. Here's a link of all the fact-checkers who don't like Trump telling you that you're wrong: https://www.politifact.com/article/2020/oct/08/ask-politifact-are-you-sure-donald-trump-didnt-cal/
He was using it about Democrats saying the virus was both deadly and something he was underestimating. But the virus was deadly and he was underestimating it.

The whole ''No I was just talking about Democrats saying covid is deadly and I was bungling it'' doesn't exactly help Trump when the Democrats version of events is true. If Trump disputes covid as something dangerous that he's underestimating as a hoax then Trump is essentially calling the covid that actually exists a hoax. Maybe Trump felt annoyed about the Democrats being able to ''get him'' on covid but denying the severity of it just to prevent that isn't helping his image on covid.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Liberals.
So when Russia tries to influence the US election, you think the people treating it as an attack by a foreign power are the insane ones? Not the people who decided that Trump is a Nazi and cried about it for 4 years?

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Not the people who decided that Trump is a Nazi and cried about it for 4 years?
Its not really anyone's fault but Trump's that he's been been taking after the Nazi regimes in certain ways. Not in the part about starting world wars, invading Poland or wanting to commit genocide for the lulz, but Trump is a demagogue. Considering fascism is merely demagoguery on steroids there's bound to be large degrees of overlap, and the fault of that lies on the politician maliciously deciding to become a demagogue, not the one who notice the overlap. And its worth noting that these overlaps are often something VERY worthy of ''crying about'' .

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
He was using it about Democrats saying the virus was both deadly and something he was underestimating. But the virus was deadly and he was underestimating it.

The whole ''No I was just talking about Democrats saying covid is deadly and I was bungling it'' doesn't exactly help Trump when the Democrats version of events is true. If Trump disputes covid as something dangerous that he's underestimating as a hoax then Trump is essentially calling the covid that actually exists a hoax. Maybe Trump felt annoyed about the Democrats being able to ''get him'' on covid but denying the severity of it just to prevent that isn't helping his image on covid.
Your argument is self-defeating. Covid-19 has ravaged every nation on the planet that isn't a secluded island, and most of those too. To put the virus' impact in America down to "Trump bungling" is to effectively "call the Covid-19 that actually exists a hoax" yourself. There was nothing Trump could have done to prevent the pandemic from happening, suggesting otherwise is insane, which is what Democrats were doing, and what you're still doing now.
Its not really anyone's fault but Trump's that he's been been taking after the Nazi regimes in certain ways. Not in the part about starting world wars, invading Poland or wanting to commit genocide for the lulz, but Trump is a demagogue. Considering fascism is merely demagoguery on steroids there's bound to be large degrees of overlap, and the fault of that lies on the politician maliciously deciding to become a demagogue, not the one who notice the overlap. And its worth noting that these overlaps are often something VERY worthy of ''crying about'' .
I don't think there's a better example of demagoguery in modern US politics than the sentence "Black Lives Matter", but that doesn't mean it overlaps with Hitler. Let's be a little less shallow here.

Hades

Elite Member
Mar 8, 2013
Country
The Netherlands
Your argument is self-defeating. Covid-19 has ravaged every nation on the planet that isn't a secluded island, and most of those too. To put the virus' impact in America down to "Trump bungling" is to effectively "call the Covid-19 that actually exists a hoax" yourself. There was nothing Trump could have done to prevent the pandemic from happening, suggesting otherwise is insane, which is what Democrats were doing, and what you're still doing now.
Covid indeed impact every country. However this just makes it easier to see that the types of demagogues such as Trump seem uniquely bad at handling the situation, because the toolkit they use to get to power just isn't very useful against a virus. There is indeed nothing that Trump could have done to prevent covid but there's everything he could have done to guide the States through it more competently.

I don't think there's a better example of demagoguery in modern US politics than the sentence "Black Lives Matter", but that doesn't mean it overlaps with Hitler. Let's be a little less shallow here.
Maybe your take on blm just isn't very good then? I don't think its a case of being shallow. Its really just a matter of pulling up a list of demagogic traits and see from even the most casual glance that Trump fits pretty much every one of then. And by the by, he fits a lot of items on the list of fascist traits too which is where the comparisons come from.

Reactions: Hawki

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
You need to take some time off the internet. Your knowledge of America is really, seriously propagandized. Just as an example, Biden didn't reduce the numbers of people in detention, they're on pace to set records this year, but also that's because people are convinced that he'll welcome them in. No, it's not concentration camps.
Just reminder where we were (in March)
Over 18,000 Migrant Kids Are Now In U.S. Custody—And The Total Is Growing Every Day (forbes.com)
Here's were I got a bunch of info
Revealed: Biden administration holding tens of thousands of migrant children | US immigration | The Guardian
Children tell of neglect, filth and fear in US asylum camps - BBC News
Migrant Children Moved To Emergency Shelters; Challenges Remain : NPR
Rising Border Encounters in 2021: An Overview and Analysis | American Immigration Council
Crisis at the border: How it happened and what is being done - ABC News (go.com)
Seems really positive articles on Biden right? So much positive propaganda for him. /s
A few of these note that the backlog is slowly being worked through so the refugees just don't sit there forever. Also, Biden rate of expulsion is 62ish% which I'm pretty sure Republicans would be pointing out because that seems like a decent number...right?

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
So when Russia tries to influence the US election, you think the people treating it as an attack by a foreign power are the insane ones? Not the people who decided that Trump is a Nazi and cried about it for 4 years?
They're mostly the same people.

Anyway, yes, people calling a relatively tiny Facebook ad campaign that hit partly after the election was over and the alleged facilitation of a journalism is not "Our Pearl Harbor". Frankly, our system isn't democratic enough for even effective foreign subversion to constitute a meaningful attack. That Russia would attempt to look after its interests in our elections is no more noteworthy than that Israel or Alphabet Inc. does.

tstorm823

Elite Member
Legacy
Aug 4, 2011
Country
USA
Seems really positive articles on Biden right? So much positive propaganda for him. /s
I didn't say it was pro-Biden. It's anti-America. You've been trained to see record numbers of people trying to reach America as an American fault. You've been trained to see facilities to keep people as torture chambers. Like, at least one of your links talks about "iceboxes", implying the border patrol puts people in refrigeration to cause them pain. What does border patrol have to say about those accusations? Their facilities are kept at 70 degrees. People complaining about that makes perfect sense, the AC at work is set at 72, and some people constantly say it's freezing, and we are used to a much colder climate than Mexico here. 70 is pretty low... but it's not torture, it's air conditioning.

Everything is spun to be horrible, everything framed to say America's very existence is sinful, and you've fallen for it.

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
Generally wouldn't call Zontar a Nazi. More of a Libertarian. Sometimes those ideals align
He was just a (further) right winger. The rest was really an incoherent mish-mash of any strands floating around the further right, some of which are libertarian.

Reactions: MrCalavera

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
Like, at least one of your links talks about "iceboxes", implying the border patrol puts people in refrigeration to cause them pain. What does border patrol have to say about those accusations? Their facilities are kept at 70 degrees.
Oh! Well, if the people accused of the transgression say nothing is wrong, that's that solved!

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
Country
United Kingdom
I'm pretty sure I said the complaints were justified.
Sure, but then you said some complaints were just propaganda, on the basis that the accused transgressors said there's nothing to see here.

Bedinsis

Elite Member
Legacy
Escapist +
May 29, 2014
Country
Sweden
There was nothing Trump could have done to prevent the pandemic from happening, suggesting otherwise is insane, which is what Democrats were doing
Could you point to a Democrat doing this?

Agema

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver
Legacy
Mar 3, 2009
More realistically, I think the expectation was that a government might do better at reducing the death toll.

Discounting Belgium, by official figures, effectively the only developed country that did worse than the USA is Italy and most have casualty rates around 50-70% of the USA. It's an abysmal performance from what would claim itself to be the greatest nation on Earth. And I think we all remember last year, and the abject chaos of Trump's federal government, centring around the highly erratic president himself.

As, relevant to the thread, exactly what the Russians predicted he would be like.