L4D2 Banned

Jun 28, 2009
DeadlyGlitch said:
xXDoctor OctagonapusXx said:
DeadlyGlitch said:
yatzee hates multiplayer so it doesnt efffect him nearly at all, besides if he wants it all that bad he can just get l4d 1! its the same game with a another finger.
And more guns, special infected, melee weapons... (5 hours later) ...Characters Improved AI (Including the AI director) etc,etc. HAHA DISREGARD THAT
l4d didnt have guns? or special infected like smokers or screamer THAT YOU COULD PLAY? or the ability to melee? or characters? or a ai?
wow that game must have been broken.

(becuase someone will mention maps) If Valve kept there PROMISE there would be more maps for l4d but instead they LIED, if you want more maps play usermade ones.

yatzee didnt review l4d and he wouldnt want to review l4d2 even if he could.

Actually Yatzee did review L4D and he thought it was good so I win, end of story.

Razorback0z

Feb 10, 2009
The stupidest thing of all is that we will still get it and play it in OZ like we do with all games. The only thing actual effect of our backwards law is to deny Australian game retailers the opportunity to sell the product.... Genius...

Optimystic

Sep 24, 2008
I don't know if this was said already or not, but maybe you aussies (including Yahtzee) could get it at "GAME TRADERS ROBINA?"

(followed by playing it at "YOUR FRIEND GUY'S HOUSE?") ;)

ahiddenfigure

Hunter of Monsters
Sep 14, 2009
To fellow Australians, I want some co-ordination here; are we going after Conroy or the OFLC first? ;)

Optimystic said:
I don't know if this was said already or not, but maybe you aussies (including Yahtzee) could get it at "GAME TRADERS ROBINA?"
Unfortunately there's a difference between "importing a game that simply hasn't been released yet" and "importing a game that was refused classification". GameTraders could get themselves into some legal hot-water by importing with the intent to sell.

Aug 3, 2008
Try not to take it out on the typical aussie, we dont get to make any sort of decisions in our political system. If you need proof of this, check out the forced net censorship plan being put in place by Steven Conroy, more info can be found here http://www.getup.org.au/campaign/SaveTheNet/442
Anyway, we have over 100,000 signatures to that petition, and we all protested, but that changed absolutely nothing. I dont think we have ever had a serious protest against film and video game classification, but i can bet there would be less than 100,000 people. When you think about it, our government is kinda fascist. They have taken so many of our freedoms and they will not listen to reason.
For further reading on the governments atrocities, look up the firearm buyback in the 90's, which almost completely disarmed citizens and allowed street gangs to go unchallenged.

Pathetic.

Sibbo

Mar 6, 2008
NOOOOOOO GODDAMN YOU OFLC
Seriously I hate Michael Atkinson, he is such a massive tool, why can't we just get a R18+ rating. There was a survey conducted by a university stating that a majority of people didn't care about an 18+ rating and he ingnored it because it was funded by a gaming group.

Nyrb

Sep 17, 2009
We are full grown adults in a free and open democratic society, as long as we aren't hurting anybody, we should be allowed to spend our time however we want

whaleswiththumbs

Feb 13, 2009
AkJay said:
Awh, now Yahtzee won't be able to play L4D2 =l
he'll import it just like the rest of them. (I mean all offence to the Australian government and none to the people) the Australian Government is the stupidest group of people with any power I have ever seen.(Not trying to flame, it's my opinion, deal with it) If someone would coup them everyone would be appreciative. I am now on the Australian watch list for terrorist, I know your reading this Phil...

Nyrb

Sep 17, 2009
We could all annoy him with messages until he makes a scathing video about it being banned...

sarahvait

Nov 6, 2008
blank0000 said:
"the PDF file indicates that the game was refused classification due to 'high impact violence' against 'living humans infected with a rabies-like virus' that is unsuitable for minors under the age of 18. "

because as we all know children. Zombies are people too!
I'm sorry, but that whole argument falls over at the starting line because YOU'RE NOT SHOOTING/DECAPITATING/KILLING living humans. The enemies are zombies; the walking, flesh-eating, rotting DEAD (caps rape). Seriously, did the ratings board look at the creatures in this game and say, "Oh yeah, those poor living humans are being gunned down when all they have is the sniffles and some foaming at the mouth."?

What, is there some function in L4D2 that allows you to save the zombies by giving them some miracle cure that turns them back to normal? Because most any media involving zombies I've seen have stated that once you get infected, there is no going back. You are screwed, screwed, screwed, and you may as well do the other survivors a favor and blow your brains out. The one game I can think of that deviated from this was RE4, and only Leon and Ashley were saved because they weren't fair long enough in their infections. But once you have freaking insects bursting through your skull, I think you're a bit beyond saving.

I never saw any zombies in the first L4D that looked like or acted like normal living people. They were all far beyond the point of no return.