LaBeouf: It's My Fault Indiana Jones 4 Was No Good

tkioz

Fussy Fiddler
May 7, 2009
I personally didn't hate the movie, but I didn't really care for it either, my reaction to it was one of "meh" (apart from the fridge which was a foreheadslap), but I honestly don't think the blame belongs totally to the actors, the script was pretty piss poor to be honest.

BlindMessiah94

The 94th Blind Messiah
Nov 12, 2009
It's funny because after the movie came out I remember people whining on these forums about how bad an actor he was and how much they hated him.

Now he says this and everyone is all "Oh, it wasn't his fault, why is he so hard on himself"

That's the internet for you.

I think he is a half decent actor who puts effort into his roles. The fact that he doesn't blame writing or directing for a movie's failure shows maturity in my opinion.

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
awww it wasn't his fault that it wasnt very good, it really wasn't. He just needs to finish transformers and try to start a worthwhile carreer. It's good that he and Ford can admit when they messed up, but how was he supposed to make that monkey thing work.

JaredXE

Apr 1, 2009
Am I one of the only ones that liked Indy 4? It was an Indiana Jones movie, just like the other ones. LaBeouf was perfectly fine in his role, his character had a reason to exist unlike Transformers, and the movie did just fine.

Generic_Dave

Prelate Invigilator
Jul 15, 2009
Personally, I blame the aliens. I was willing to let the rest of it go. But the DAMN ALIENS!!!!

I like Shia, lay off yourself man! Go home have some cocoa and a cookie and find a new movie to be all funny and heroic in.

But at least someone is willing to say, "Yeah, it sucked!" I suppose it would be kinda hard for him to say "Yeah, it sucked and it was all that frakkin' Spielberg's fault" Doubt he'd have much work after that.

Dr Ampersand

Jun 27, 2009
Nice thing that he's admitting his mistake but the writers were a bigger factor to the movie not being as good as you'd want it to. Still a decent movie though.

Omena

Feb 18, 2010
Yeah, I don't think he's the best actor in the world, but he isn't that bad either. At least he's a better actor than Fox. LaBeouf is too hard on himself. And the movie wasn't that bad, either. I mean, it could have been a lot worse. Like the Bayformers movies. Oh yeah, he was in that too. But I blame that on Bay and the writers. And Fox.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
There's more to it than people not liking Indy 4 for LaBeouf's acting. Like say, adding aliens, all the computer effects (part of the charm of the originals was the lack of computer effects), and continuing after a film called The LAST Crusade.

Marter

Elite Member
Legacy
Oct 27, 2009
It's good to hear him own up to these poor films, but in this case I disagree with him. The plot wasn't very good to begin with, so even with the best actors, the film still could have been terrible.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
LaBeouf doesn't bother me, and he never really has. Maybe I'm saying this because I watched him develop from an only occasionally amusing Disney star to an actor with real talent. People who say he's no good... well, that's their opinion. I personally think he's come a long way and I've liked him in almost everything I've seen him in (I haven't seen all his movies, nor have I gone out of my way to do so).

I think the biggest thing that through people off with Indie-4 was the aliens, plain and simple.

Well, that and Indie surviving a GIANT NUKE in the beginning and walking away unscathed.

May 5, 2010
danpascooch said:
And seriously, whoever decided those two racist steriotype bots should be in the movie, should seriously be shot in the face.
Ok, I have been waiting for years to point this out to someone. The robots cannot be racist because they DON'T HAVE A RACE. If you looked at their traits and characteristics and associated them with black people, that makes you the racist. (I'm not actually accusing you of racism, I'm just proving a point) Let me try to explain this. The robots, by definition, cannot be black. But they still made you think of black people, because of their (what I hesitate to call) character traits. That means that you (and pretty much everyone else) associated those traits with black people, not Michael Bay. Because his characters are robots, not black people.

Was Transformers 2 a horrible train-wreck of a film? Absolutely. Was it racist? No.

Double A

Jul 29, 2009
Ok, I don't like the kid, but it's not his fault the bad one was so bad. That was Spielburg and Lucas' doing.

And out of the 3 movies I've seen him in, this performance was the least cringe-worthy.

teutonicman

Mar 30, 2009
Granted it was a while since I've seen the movie, however I don't think he deserves as much blame as he gives himself. This was also the movie where Indy saved himself from a nuclear blast by hiding in a fridge. The most recent Indy movie was a poorer movie because of high expectations and shitty plot events more than Shia's "bad acting" (at least in this movie).

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
Jbird said:
Finally! Someone who owns up to their mistakes. Now, all we're waiting for is an apology from Megan Fox's parents.

That aside, I still liked Indie 4, but it did get silly at times. Well, sillier, than normal.
Oh snap! Zing!

OT: I don't think he should be too hard on himself. Everyone told me the new one was poop in comparison to the old, so I never watched it, probably not going to either! ;)