Large Hadron Collider Creates Incredibly Dense Primordial Matter

William MacKay

Oct 26, 2010
i wonder if you dropped a penny-shaped amount of this, the size of a penny, off the Empire State Building, how much damage it would do?

William MacKay

Oct 26, 2010
cainx10a said:
A Pious Cultist said:

So, uhh, this stuff then?
So we fixed the energy problem? Can we move on to invading alien planets now?
no, scientists say there were aliens.
and then they ended up killing themselves.
like we might end up doing with this whole 'war' thing we seem to be so fond of.

Thedutchjelle

Mar 31, 2009
William MacKay said:
i wonder if you dropped a penny-shaped amount of this, the size of a penny, off the Empire State Building, how much damage it would do?
I'd say you would get a pretty massive earthquake.

OT: Cool discovery! That machine is really paying off.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
DasDestroyer said:
No, it means that if we put a billion-gazillion-quintizillion tonnes of the stuff into a new, limitless and empty universe, it would cool down and create a new universe. There isn't nearly enough of the stuff or space or even time for it to happen in the LHC.
Killjoy.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
Tonimata said:
DasDestroyer said:
No, it means that if we put a billion-gazillion-quintizillion tonnes of the stuff into a new, limitless and empty universe, it would cool down and create a new universe. There isn't nearly enough of the stuff or space or even time for it to happen in the LHC.
Killjoy.
I'm not the killjoy - SCIENCE is.

Sporky111

Digital Wizard
Dec 17, 2008
I just can't help but marvel at the fact that the most dense substance yet created is a liquid.

Tonimata

Jul 21, 2008
DasDestroyer said:
Tonimata said:
DasDestroyer said:
Killjoy.
I'm not the killjoy - SCIENCE is.
SCREW SCIENCE I HAVE MONEY!

Verlander

Apr 22, 2010
ImprovizoR said:
Verlander said:
My science isn't great either, surely it's a bit rich referring to a black hole as a "known object"... correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't those still theoretical? Like, by their very nature are almost impossible to confirm existing?
You're right. Your science isn't great. Black holes exist and among the bigger ones are those at the center of some galaxies. There's a huge black hole at the center of our galaxy. You should go to youtube and do a little research on the subject.
Wow, what a rude answer. However, seeing as your idea of research consists of youtube, I'm not too offended by any conclusions that you come to

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
Soooo, let me get this straight.

These superliquids have zero friction, if so.
we have developed the ultimate Mariokart weapon.

PissOffRoth

Jun 29, 2010
theheroofaction said:
Alrighty, let me be the first to say this, so what?

I mean, does anybody gain anything from this hyperdense trash-compaction system?
Wanna make a sun, bub?

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
William MacKay said:
cainx10a said:
A Pious Cultist said:

So, uhh, this stuff then?
So we fixed the energy problem? Can we move on to invading alien planets now?
no, scientists say there were aliens.
and then they ended up killing themselves.
like we might end up doing with this whole 'war' thing we seem to be so fond of.
oh geeze, you watched that Steven hawking thing on aliens didn't you?
they said we came CLOSE to nuclear self annihilation, so it's plausible other alien races might do/have done the same. Believe it or not there is quite a ways between something being hypothetically plausible, and something actually happening.

DasDestroyer

Apr 3, 2010
Sporky111 said:
I just can't help but marvel at the fact that the most dense substance yet created is a liquid.
It isn't a liquid, it isn't even made out of protons, electrons and neutrons, like normal atoms, but it ACTS like a liquid.

RadiusXd

Jun 2, 2010
Dulcinea said:
Dana22 said:
I'm not one making the claim, burden of proof doesn't lie on me.
You're making the claim there is no god(s) and Theists are making the claim there is. Agnostics are the ones making no claims and also therefore the only ones not needing to supply any evidence to support their position.
Agnostics and Atheists are the same thing, neither believes in the existence of a deity.
The only difference is that agnostics either are misinformed about the two, or are too preoccupied with being politically correct to just take a freaking stance.

and no, agnostics aren't some "I don't know" middle ground. that only applies if you are on the fences between EVERY conceived deity. meaning that you are just as partial to believing in Jesus as you are in the alien lord xenu, or Zeus, Ra, Jupiter, Muhammed and well you get the point.

saying you are agnostic when you are only really considering the two possibilities of either a single religion, or none, and then to act like morally superior snobs to (confessed) full blown Atheists.
that is the true hight of hypocrisy.

and no, we can't prove that a deity doesn't exist. BUT we can show that given our current information the existence of a deity is Very unlikely indeed, especially if we are talking about existing or past religions exclusively. This can be done using a myriad of methods.
That's not to say that my stance wouldn't be open to the possibility of a total turnaround if there was even the SLIGHTEST shred of evidence.

In fact, if this were analogous of a court case. The bible would be practically launched out of the stand by catapult for being such an unreliable witness. It's full of contradictions and tall tales we can all but certainly (going by NOTHING is certain, except for ones own existance) know are false. It spews garbage about the origins of life and man, and tells of worldwide floods which there is NO proof of. why should a good deal of the bible be laughably debunk-able, but we take it on its word about things we CANNOT disprove.

Just arguing about this makes me facepalm at the utter faeces some people scoff as if it were garlic bread.

*final note, not an argument but an observation*
If we began with two people, Adam and Eve, and then they made nasty inbred incest-ness, and then they distilled it to Noah and his small family with a flood and repeated. Did some of noahs grandson/grandson-in-laws have like, 33 toes?

Clonekiller

Dec 7, 2010
Sooooooo... A dense plasma we just discovered how to make is the universe's version of primordial ooz? Could someone explain to me how one plasma can differentiate into multiple types of solids and gasses? Who knows though. Maybe we are looking at the future's warp core fuel.

RadiusXd said:
*final note, not an argument but an observation*
If we began with two people, Adam and Eve, and then they made nasty inbred incest-ness, and then they distilled it to Noah and his small family with a flood and repeated. Did some of noahs grandson/grandson-in-laws have like, 33 toes?
Simple concept. If humanity started from two original people, the genetic code would have been very dense and random, much more than today. (Two black-hair people have red-hair baby. Common concept in that case) Ergo, not really. It would be kinda cool to see a guy with that many toes though.

TriggerUnhappy

Mar 4, 2009
"The unique material is 100,000 times hotter than the sun and denser than any known object other than a black hole"

Someone care to explain to me how it didn't crush/melt anyone in its nearby vicinity? Perhaps I'm simply overestimating its size, but I don't see how something that hot and dense could be so easily contained.