Latest game you purchased and why?

Greatjusticeman

May 29, 2011
Knights of the Old Republic for PC on Steam

Because it was super cheap. Like five bucks or something. And the copy I have for Xbox is scratched and doesn't work well anymore. I'll probably have a thirst to play it before TOR is released.

aashell13

Jan 31, 2011
I got Theatre of War 3 hoping it'd be like World in Conflict except 1950's. I got a ridiculous buggy suckfest instead...

F-I-D-O

I miss my avatar
Feb 18, 2010
Oblivion Five year anniversary
Don't look at me like that!
I loved Fallout 3, but wanted to try an Elder Scrolls game before going (too) crazy for Skyrim. Then I'm chilling out until the holiday, minus some steam/psn sales.
If free games count, then I got Bomberman Ultra, Me Monstar (minis), Alien Zombie Death (mins), and Medievil (I believe that's how you spell it, it's not supposed to be medieval) (PS1 game) for free from PS+.
Surprisingly, Medievil holds up and the hack and slash gameplay is decent, and analog helps. However, considering it's supposed to be "considered one of the best gothic horror games of all time" according to the description, it's got a bit to much humor to be gothic horror.

infohippie

Oct 1, 2009
Divinity 2: The Dragon Knight Saga. I had run out of open world RPGs that I hadn't played to death, and it was on sale on Steam.

SonicKaos

Jan 21, 2011
BlazBlue: Continuum Shift, because I played the first game at my friends last night and it seemed quite fun. Hoping I'll finally enjoy a fighting game that's not Street Fighter. Also I had 27 bucks store credit at Gamestop that I've had for months, with nothing to spend it on in the near future anyway.

Anezay

Apr 1, 2010
Knights of the Old Republic was on sale for $2.50 on Steam. I couldn't pass that up.

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
Mortal Kombat. Wanted to bring it to college, and Gamefly kept sending me other games even though MK was on the top of my list for almost a month. Got to say, I love every minute of it, though it gets a bit cheap and frustrating at times.

Almost bought Darksiders today for $20, but showed some restraint. Got some other games to beat first.

Cogwheel

Apr 3, 2010
Arkham Asylum a few minutes ago.

The last 23 games I bought weren't for me, though.

Srg chipmunk

Jul 7, 2011
well i purchased fable2,fable3,fallout3 goty, far-cry 2,fallout Vegas i got these games cause they are all open world adventure games they cost over all $95 that's great cheap

Sacman

Don't Bend! Ascend!
May 15, 2008
rhizhim said:
Sacman said:
Both Alice games... I've always been interested in the series I've just never gotten around to checking it out so I figured with the sequel out I might as well get it...
you know that the first one is already included in the second game, right?
Not on the PC...

Fursnake

Jun 18, 2009
Far Cry 2, because it was $5. In the days before that I bought AvP, Torchlight and Two Worlds II. I think I bought up more than I can reasonably play in any real sense of time.