Latest game you purchased and why?

AtheistAndProud

Apr 25, 2010
Bit.Trip.Runner.

I wasn't planning on buying it, but I got the demo and bloody loved it.
There's something awesome about flying through a level, eyes peeled for obstacles, every button-press perfectly synced with the music.

LookingGlass

Jul 6, 2011
The new Aliens Vs Predator game. Why? Because I just watched the Alien Quadrilogy and Predator, and because I found it for $10. I already owned the old Monolith game and I'm still finishing that off.

kijebe

May 6, 2011
biggest understatement ever

if you work hard, it took me 39 hours of goofing off to get to 50%

100% took me forever

FoolKiller

Feb 8, 2008
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks

It was the only Zelda I didn't own and it cost only $10...

Sinoda

Sep 3, 2006
I bought Puzzle Agent 2 from Telltale's website. From steam I bought the Assassins Creed series, Recettear, and Lead and Gold. And from GoG I bought Fallout 2. All within the past week. Unfortunately, I haven't had time to play any but Assassins Creed 2, since I was focusing on Alan Wake in my free time... But yeah. Shouldn't need to buy any games for a while. At least til Human Revolution!

gNetkamiko

Aug 25, 2010
Mount and Blade: With Fire and Sword.

It was less than 4 USD on Steam. Can't really go wrong with that.

Duck Sandwich

Dec 13, 2007
Advance Wars: Days of Ruin

I wanted an turn-based combat game for my DS - something similar to Avadon.
But then again, I hate a lot of RPG staples like random chance, grinding, and the outcomes of battles being pretty much entirely dependent on how powerful your characters/items are. Was planning on getting Pokemon White (pretty much for nostalgia purposes, and the whole "choose your team of monster badasses"), but I decided I'll wait and see if they end up making "Pokemon Grey" or something.

Well, I ended up finding out that I want more in a turn-based game than strategy. I hate a lot of things about RPG's, but what I do like about them (well, some of them anyway) is that they give you the ability to customize your character(s), and play the way you want to. I also like Action Commands, but Paper Mario seems to be the only game that's ever done them right. Half of the time, when I fail a mission, I end up losing the will to keep playing. As opposed to, say, Megaman Zero or Contra, where as soon as I die, I want another shot at beating whatever level I died on, and I end up retrying until I beat the mission (or in Contra's case, I lose all my continues and think "Fuck it, I'll try again later.")

Mooko12

Apr 17, 2010
I bought the THQ pack on steam if you can count that as a game. I bought it because it's only 50$ for about 10 games.

Fidelias

Nov 30, 2009
Skullkid4187 said:
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3. Why....because they added Treize, Trowa, and Duo to the game...reason enough for me
Wait, that's out? Why didn't anyone tell me?!

And Duo's awesome!

OT: I bought Metro 2033, because I loved the Stalker games, and it's very similar. Not quite as good, in my opinion, but still pretty awesome.

Edit:I just bought Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3!

Why? Because I am hopelessly obsessed with giant robots wielding laser swords and guns.

I will probably watch the new Transformers movie too... and like it.

...Don't judge me

ProfessorLayton

Elite Member
Nov 6, 2008
Batman: Arkham Asylum. Heard nothing but good things about it, and it was on sale for $7. And I also want to beat it before I get Arkham City.

Novacain4862

Feb 12, 2009
Magicka during the Steam sales and now I can't play it on my Mac. But it was cheap and I've always heard good things.