Latest Overwatch Ban Wave Results in Some Hilarious Complaints

bastardofmelbourne

Dec 11, 2012
Arawn said:
"I cheat, therefore they ban"

Can't recall who said it, but I'm sure my friend was quoting someone when he told that.
That's Descartes. "I think, therefore I am."

<= philosophy major

Edit: Unless your friend was quoting someone who was paraphrasing Descartes, in which case I'll go sit in the corner over there and be quiet.

MerlinCross

Apr 22, 2011
Arawn said:

Can't recall who said it, but I'm sure my friend was quoting someone when he told that. Seems rather cut and dry. You cheated so you get banned. Personally I don't see how anyone gets a sense of enjoyment from winning when they had an unfair advantage. Why are you playing said game? I play games for the challenge. If there's no challenge it's not worth playing. Sports athletes get banned (usually) when they test for steroids. My only guess is the desire to win overrides their sense of sportsmanship and fair play. Pride in winning, but not in accomplishment. I'm someone with a psych major could better phrase it. None the less it's scary how oblivious they are. They feel they've done nothing wrong, or they didn't expect any consequences for their actions. Or maybe they thought that they wouldn't get caught. Either way it'ss rather shocking.
Be caused getting crushed over and over and over again is super fun, right? That might be a reason they turn on the hacks. Another reason is that they like being the ones doing the crushing. If they can get someone to rage in chat, said hack is worth it till the ban hits. It reminds me of a saying I heard, mainly about Mobas.. "If you are having fun, someone else is having a bad time". Some people like making others missable.

Not excusing them, just giving a reason or two someone might turn the cheat mode on

Arawn

Dec 18, 2003
bastardofmelbourne said:
Arawn said:

Can't recall who said it, but I'm sure my friend was quoting someone when he told that.
That's Descartes. "I think, therefore I am."

<= philosophy major

Edit: Unless your friend was quoting someone who was paraphrasing Descartes, in which case I'll go sit in the corner over there and be quiet.
You are correct on both accounts. I'm sure he was quoting someone else that had hack/slashed Descrates' words. Just not sure who or when. Shame that would like to give credit where credit is due.