Leaked Microsoft Video Reveals Horrible Future for PC Gaming

ayuri

Sep 11, 2009
First they came for the mii's, but I was not a mii.
Then they came for the motion controls, but i did not play wii.
Then they came for the pc, and there was no one who could stop them.
IT'S 2012 PEOPLE, THE MAYANS PREDICTED IT!
-written by a unicorn

ObsessiveSketch

Nov 6, 2009
This entire scheme is rendered null and void because GFWL is a terrible system that only lures the weak-minded into its grasp. When it comes to digital distribution, Steam has got it beat 5 ways to Sunday. The only reason I have GFWL on my computer, is that games I PURCHASED THROUGH STEAM required it to be played.

I predict an epic failure, costing Microsoft gajillions. Maybe then they'll figure out that they should stop trying to manage games, and just build the things we play our games ON.

RatRace123

Elite Member
Dec 1, 2009
AAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGHGHGHHHHH AAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH AAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!

They're tying to turn us all into big eyed avatars!!!!!!

Admittedly, not to my taste, but I can see they're desperately trying to take a larger slice of the pie that Zynga's nearly eaten all of. More power to them, but they're trying to build a foundation on a gimmick wave that can't possibly last forever.

opportunemoment

Jun 22, 2009
OK, Microsoft, here is your choice for the day. You can EITHER:
a) claim to be ready to change the world (implied: for the better),
OR
b) segregate your vision of the future into WOMENS (who are only into casual and social games and like things to be in bright cheerful colours and need the validation of their friends on whether their IMAGINARY COOKIE-CUTTER AVATAR is pretty enough and think that buying things will make them happy) and MENS (who who do real jobs with data and graphs, and wear dark colours, and only play hardcore games with big guns in).

Not. Both.

I don't give two fucks if Microsoft decide that the portal to all their games from now on will be through the World of Rainbows, I really don't. But it really pisses me off that in blatantly trying to open up gaming to a wider demographic, they've come up with THIS piece of unimaginative, restrictive rubbish.

wildpeaks

S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Dec 25, 2008
9_6 said:
But the lifeless dolls. They look so happy!
They're only lifeless until you feed them the souls of the innocents (because that's the real purpose of GFWL, no ?).

MassiveGeek

Jan 11, 2009
icyneesan said:
Kill me now. Please. I beg of you!
*Loads shotgun*

Honestly, I don't get either who the hell they're reall targeting with this? Not that I care much, I'll just go back to Steam.

dalek sec

Leader of the Cult of Skaro
Jul 20, 2008
Ekonk said:
I don't see what's so horrible about it. So we're not the demographic, who cares? There are a thousand things that obviously were never designed for me.
Pretty much the same way I feel about this. I just don't understand the almost insane level of zeal people get sometimes when console or PC gaming stuff comes out. So you're not part of the demographic, pretty sure there must be other's out there that are.

Firehound

is a trap!
Nov 22, 2010
...I am not interested. Not that it doesn't look like a decent move- assuming they can work with zygna and facebook and all the other stuff their avatars are supposed to inevitably work with.

Chibz

Sep 12, 2008
Hey look! An ad with some honesty about the current state of PC gaming! Fuckin' farmville and casual games!

All hail Microsoft for their honesty.

Stuntkid

Cyberdemon
Oct 6, 2010
I guess it didn't help when the guy spelled "p0ned" wrong.

Sadly enough, if it's making money (which I'm sure it will) it's not dead :/

Mjoldar

Dec 14, 2010
MC can market their MCBook/casual gaming platform all they want, I really don't care. But heaven help them if I have to use this piece of garbage to access my games.

Steam, for all the advantages it gives me, still has a few kinks with its internet mode/offline mode transitions and such. Imagine the kind of problems Microsoft would probably leave in their system. It's hardly then end of the world, but it's certainly a negative if (when?) it becomes a requirement to use this...thing. For all that I'll sound like a crusty old curmudgeon for saying it, I too miss being able to just install and play without having to have an internet service just to run the darned program I bought.