Legend of Zelda, Navi's Annoyance.

fix-the-spade

Feb 25, 2008
Quaidis said:
It's all become to clear to me now!

Navi was technically present during Twilight,
That was just for the Wii port.
On the proper version there is no Navi at all.

IrrelevantTangent

Oct 4, 2008
xitel said:
Erana said:
Midna.
You just didn't notice that she had replaced Navi because they did her right.
Holy crap, you're right... I didn't realize until you said that that Midna was Navi, but by jove you're absolutely right!
Hey, Midna was awesome. She's a snarky manipulator who didn't really care much if Link's world ended up dying until the end, but IMHO she's Link's best companion ever by far. Not counting Epona.

PlasticPorter

Aug 27, 2008
Bunnymarn said:
I find the damn owl more annoying. I never paid attention Navi.
Oh god and when he was done running his Gob he'd as that damn question,
"Would you like to not definitely not not NOT listen to all that shit again? Yes or No?"

Ranthus

Mar 7, 2009
I didn't like Navi simply because she glitched out and kept telling me to visit the Great Deku Tree when I was at Ganon's Tower.

I KNOW I can burn that web, I've done it 10 times already!
Yes Navi, I can tell that's a door. Yes, I do know how to open it.
No, I don't think that owl is helpful, Navi.
THE GREAT DEKU TREE IS ALREADY DEAD, NAVI!

Tatl wasn't nearly as retarded as Navi.

EDIT:
Anonymouse said:
Ahhh. Another advantage to some PC games. If someone fucks you off you just find their voice folder and delete all the mp3/wav's that piss you off. Btw what game is she in? I am debating whether to play Ocarina of Time or Majoras Mask (never played a Zelda game before) so will probably go for the one shes not in.
Very true, Navi is in OoT, Tatl is in Majora's Mask. Majora's Mask I found better anyway.

DigitalSushi

a gallardo? fine, I'll take it.
Dec 24, 2008
peachy_keen said:
You know if you just listened to her, she's a lot less annoying....
I concur, I like Navi, but I liked her because I was happy that Link finally had a fairy to call his own.

I guess you can say I was happy for Link.

Quaidis

Jun 1, 2008
fix-the-spade said:
Quaidis said:
It's all become to clear to me now!

Navi was technically present during Twilight,
That was just for the Wii port.
On the proper version there is no Navi at all.
Proper version? You do know that the Wii version of Twilight won best game of the year, right? The controls for it beat the gamecube controller twice over. By moving it over, they improved it.

I should really play the other Zeldas outside of the first, OoT, and TwilightPrincess, just so I can know these other mysterious characters this thread brings up. Time to pull out Windwaker!

As far as Oot goes, I didn't mind the owl. He didn't hang out in your back pocket. The good part about Navi that I can honestly appreciate is that while she's annoying, she's not nearly as obnoxious and irritating as Sparx from the last Spyro series. Navi also had a pleasant voice compared to Issun from Okami.

Kandon Arc

Mar 10, 2009
Replace her with a normal fairy that you could stick in a bottle so it could be useful. However the owl is horrific, you just try to get through the dialogue only to accidently repeat it, then have to watch it fly ridiculously slowly away.

Tharticus

Dec 10, 2008
Navi is like a GPS much like a badge you gained for christmas. (lucky guys)

On the other hand, I would place Tatl. She's more sarcastic.

LordSnakeEyes

Mar 9, 2009
Psychosocial said:
GyroCaptain said:
Replace Navi with a character called Captain Dynamite who has the face of Frank Zappa, vioce of Liam Neeson, nuclear missiles for legs...
That would be kickass.
But Give him the fighting skills of Jason Statham XD
(or just make it Kratos... It's all just as good :p)

Arrers

Mar 4, 2009
Tank207 said:
Navi was no where near as annoying as that freaking owl. Alright, I get it already let me play the game! Crap, I clicked the 'talk again' button by accident! Seriously, why the hell did they make the repeat option the first selected after the dialogue was over? Furiously mashing A would have been much less of an annoyance if it had been the other way around.
Oh god. THE OWL, the bane of my existance.

Overlord_Dave

Mar 2, 2009
The_Oracle said:
xitel said:
Erana said:
Midna.
You just didn't notice that she had replaced Navi because they did her right.
Holy crap, you're right... I didn't realize until you said that that Midna was Navi, but by jove you're absolutely right!
Hey, Midna was awesome. She's a snarky manipulator who didn't really care much if Link's world ended up dying until the end, but IMHO she's Link's best companion ever by far. Not counting Epona.
I completely agree. Midna brought some much-needed depth to the LoZ series, if only a little.

A little off topic... but speaking of Navi, i've always wondered whether she could be included in an upcoming sequel as a sepearte NPC. After all, the events of Majora's Mask occur while young Link is searching for Navi. Maybe a sequel could pick up from there, and then Link could eventually find her.

Da_Schwartz

Jul 15, 2008
How about nothing. Link doesn't need Navi. Yea yea I know every Hyrule boy gets a fairy and all that garbage. But seriously. He doesn't need her.

Benj17

Mar 10, 2009
well it's got to be tingle obviously

yeah joke

probably Alyx from HL

yh i'll take that lol

Garrig

Mar 11, 2009
Hyrule boy? no no...just Kokiri children have the honor of a vicious little Fairy tinging and shrieking in their ear like they're still in kindergarten...

No, sadly, I don't think Navi should be replaced...but if she has something to say, just let it be 'Hey!'...like when Tatl had something important related to the area, she'd ring. Yes, there was information there. No, you didn't have to listen.

In Master Quest, Navi didn't forcibly steal control from you for the noobish stuff most long-time or partly-casual gamers have already come to understand, like the climbability of Ladders. Letting me know I could climb the wall of Vines was actually helpful, because most people wouldn't make that connection immediately, despite the Skulltula clinging to it.

>.>

</fanboy-ism>