Let's Play Dwarf Fortress: Syndrome Conundrum

Internet Kraken

Animalia Mollusca Cephalopada
Mar 18, 2009
Aidinthel said:
Sure, I'd like a look at my dwarf. And maybe the skills, too.

As for your skills, you are a dabbling mason, novice milker, and novice swimmer. In other words, useless.

randomID said:
Yep, I would like to see the profile of mine, too. =D
Oh, and what task is he performing?

Your dwarf is a proud member of the suicide squad Steamy Tours, who boldly preform the tasks to risky or trivial for the Immortal Rags to be bothered with. And with a wonderful set of attributes like that, I'm sure your dwarf will do just fine!

vallorn said:
may i ask why with 2 births and 2 migrations i havent turned up yet?

eh... maybe next one.

PS: when Vall' does turn up please remember to NOT throw him at a forgotten beast "for the lolz" like some of my dwarves just did... okay he Did pull an Alath but it wasnt that bad... i think D:
I don't know if I accidentally cut you out of a screenshot or something, but you are already in Reveredtour.

A soldier as well, again with a great set of attributes for fighting!

Good luck!

I am not responsible for any injuries your dwarves sustain in service of Reveredtour.

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
"Very rarely sick, quite quick to heal, and strong." Well, I should last for a while, then. Plus I'm a swimmer! Hooray for not drowning, I guess.

You other guys are screwed, though.

Internet Kraken

Mar 18, 2009
Houi said:
Could I see my dwarfs profile and skills please?

She mostly has midrange skills in all the combat professions, hence why she's in the military.

I was wondering why so many of the new soldiers were getting used to tragedy, but then I realize its probably because they all saw Chal get devoured by Furgig firsthand.

Houi

Jul 26, 2010
Damn, apart from her being female and having no patience that is a pretty good description of me irl. Good choice of dwarf I must say.

Engarde

Jul 24, 2010
Could I too see my dwarfs profile and skills? I bet Engardet is a soapmaker or something equally humiliating....

vallorn

Tunnel Open, Communication Open.
Nov 18, 2009
Engarde said:
Could I too see my dwarfs profile and skills? I bet Engardet is a soapmaker or something equally humiliating....
eiter way he'l be no Vallorn. [/kidding]

but ReverendTour could always do with more Miners to get Iron Ore. and Haulers to carry it up to the Smelters.

Internet Kraken

Mar 18, 2009
vallorn said:
but ReverendTour could always do with more Miners to get Iron Ore. and Haulers to carry it up to the Smelters.
You know, I actually do need more miners. I don't know why I haven't made more.

As for hauling ore, the metal workers do that themselves. I don't waste time making stockpiles for stone and ore since they just waste space on the surface. Besides, evidently my haulers already have enough work if they can't stop 285 units of delicious pterosaur from rotting.

vallorn

Nov 18, 2009
mmmm delicious pterosaur... wait... isnt that a flying Lizard that lived during the Cretaceous period?

Internet Kraken

Mar 18, 2009
vallorn said:
mmmm delicious pterosaur... wait... isnt that a flying Lizard that lived during the Cretaceous period?
Yes. If you're questioning the logic of a dinosaur living in caverns beneath the surface of the earth, keep in mind that forgotten beasts take everything we consider to be to logical and stomp all over it.

randomID

Dec 29, 2008
Internet Kraken said:
Your dwarf is a proud member of the suicide squad Steamy Tours, who boldly preform the tasks to risky or trivial for the Immortal Rags to be bothered with. And with a wonderful set of attributes like that, I'm sure your dwarf will do just fine!
Ahahahah, this is going to be awesome. =D

Silent_Thunder

Nov 30, 2010
Don't worry, I'll serve you well in the hospital. I won an Operation championship in 3rd grade! On a less malpracticey note; How well are you equipped for this? I'm assuming all will be well unless they brought lashers, but if they did.... Once had a lasher take a baby's head off and then murder EVERYBODY in the fort except the baby's mother. It was depressing.

vallorn

Nov 18, 2009
just wanted to say Kraken... ive been telling the people on Escapecraft (a minecraft server) to read this and most of em love it... including one pyromaniacal Mod whose name i shall not utter lest he burn this thread with Lava Buckets.

so because i linked em to here im linking here to em. if that makes no sense then follow this link (if it makes sense then follow the link anyway)

The Escapecraft.Net Forums

oh and do you guys remember that "Crafting Oblivion" article in the Escapist Magazine this week? this is the server where its being built.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A SURVIVAL SERVER! NO ITEMS WILL BE HANDED OUT! (youd be suprised how many people ask within thier first minuite on the server)

Internet Kraken

Mar 18, 2009
Silent_Thunder said:
Don't worry, I'll serve you well in the hospital. I won an Operation championship in 3rd grade! On a less malpracticey note; How well are you equipped for this? I'm assuming all will be well unless they brought lashers, but if they did.... Once had a lasher take a baby's head off and then murder EVERYBODY in the fort except the baby's mother. It was depressing.
You know how last update I mentioned getting a metal industry up and running? You should have a metal industry up long before your first siege. I am woefully under-prepared for this.

vallorn

Nov 18, 2009
Internet Kraken said:
Silent_Thunder said:
You know how last update I mentioned getting a metal industry up and running? You should have a metal industry up long before your first siege. I am woefully under-prepared for this.
COULD THIS BE THE END FOR REVERENDTOUR! TUNE IN NEXT TIME TO FIND OUT!

Aidinthel

Occasional Gentleman
Apr 3, 2010
If only Alath were still alive. Even from a hospital bed I bet he could have done some serious damage.