Let's play the superpower lottery!

hino77

Mar 4, 2010
I got Zoroastrian Deity Physiology, and then got Haurvatat, so it seems i get healing,luck bestowal,water manipulation and water mimicry. So im some kind of persian water,luck god. Pretty cool. So, who wants to win the lottery,im feeling generous today.

Dec 14, 2009
SkarKrow said:
Daystar Clarion said:
You assume it's a combat only power.

It allows a person to see the future and all possible futures.
Surely that's omniscience?
I could just read the article but t would be too easy.

If you could predict all futures then there'd have to be a drawback, like the Seeress from FF13-2 can't interfere or everything will go to shit very quickly?

Or it'd just be exhausting to use it all the time.
Well, obviously there are varying degrees to all powers.

At it's lowest, prescience would let me know things seconds before they happen, while at its highest, I would know far in advance :D

Suomimaster said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Blargh McBlargh said:
Daystar Clarion said:
Kind of does.

That's what prescience is.

If there was a situation I didn't have the reflexes to deal with, I'd know that, and avoid the situation all together.
That would be 'omniscience'. ;)
Omniscience is the ability to know everything.

Prescience is basically an advanced form of foresight.
I just realized something: You know the right lottery numbers, meaning your other "superpower" is infinity dosh. Now I'm jealous.
[HEADING=1]Loadsamoneh![/HEADING]

TWEWYFan

Mar 22, 2012
mayney93 said:
TWEWYFan said:
Symbol Magic, well at least I have a promising career as a state alchemist.
Dog of the military here people, avoid at all costs, unless of course he is for the people like the most manly man there ever was or is to be, Alexander Louis Armstrong
WOULD YOU DOUBT A MAN WHOSE MUSCLES CAN DO THIS!?

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
True that.

Know what would be awesome as a super power?
Learning powers from people you meet.
Therefor I would hunt down telekinesis, foresight and immortality.

Dec 14, 2009
SkarKrow said:
Daystar Clarion said:
True that.

The other two are entirely possible, but good luck hunting down foresight :D

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
SkarKrow said:
Daystar Clarion said:
True that.

I will hunt down you and copy your power too xD
Also rapid healing would be useful, because immortality is fine but if you get limbs hacked off you're fucked for a while.

Billska

Feb 3, 2010
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Air_Manipulation

Getting to control the air AND electricity? I have no problems with that.

Dec 14, 2009
SkarKrow said:
Daystar Clarion said:
SkarKrow said:
Daystar Clarion said:
True that.

Also rapid healing would be useful, because immortality is fine but if you get limbs hacked off you're fucked for a while.
I've already had this discussion.

Trying to hunt down a person with foresight is like playing a game of Hide and Seek that you can never win :D

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
Daystar Clarion said:
SkarKrow said:
Daystar Clarion said:
SkarKrow said:
Daystar Clarion said:
True that.

I've already had this discussion.

Trying to hunt down a person with foresight is like playing a game of Hide and Seek that you can never win :D
Ah but thats why you'd have to hunt a foresight noob who barely knew his own power yet and steal it before he could use it to forsee you adaquetly :)

Assuming that powers must be honed and trained to maximise their potential that is.

N_of_the_dead

Apr 2, 2008
Subatomic manipulation:The power to manipulate subatomic particles. An advanced version of Molecular Manipulation and the ultimate level of Telekinesis.

I think I came out on top with this power given the sheer list that seems to go with the page.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Electronic-Media Jumping:
The ability to enter any film, video or video game.

Yeah I think I just won the lottery right there.

Anget Colslaw

Jul 26, 2012
N_of_the_dead said:
Subatomic manipulation:The power to manipulate subatomic particles. An advanced version of Molecular Manipulation and the ultimate level of Telekinesis.

I think I came out on top with this power given the sheer list that seems to go with the page.
Shit, looks like I've developed an enemy now.

ROUND 2: Fireball projection

Cool, time to emulate every MvC3/Street Fighter 4 online match ever.
HADOKEN! HADOKEN! HADOKEN! HADOKEN! HADOKEN! SHINKU HAAAADOKEEEEEEN!

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
I got Universal Force Constructs.

"Users can turn Universal forces into tools, objects, weapons and other items, create semi-living constructs and/or create structures/buildings of varying permanence. Users who have mastered this ability can use it for almost any situation, creating anything they need."

The ability to create almost anything? I love that idea. I would tell people to fear me at this point but considering the kind of superpowers others have for this results I'll just say this will be a handy defensive ability.

Phisi

Jun 1, 2011
360 degree vision o_O This sounds like it'd be really anoying though it woul improve my ability to not be snuck up to.

Girl With One Eye

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA
Jun 2, 2010
Mind Exchange.

Users can take over the mind of another, this may or may not accompany the target taking the mind of the user. Some users have changed so many times that they no longer know which body is their own. Some users can inhabit more than one mind at a time, producing a limited Hive Mind.

Sounds like it could get complicated if overused, but I think I can use it to my advantage.

Hero in a half shell

It's not easy being green
Dec 30, 2009
el_kabong said:
Hero in a half shell said:
el_kabong said:
http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Enhanced_Preparedness

Taxes paid...one month early!

I got the short end of the superpower stick. A power that can easily be affected by a day
planner.
No. you got Batman's superpower, I think that means you automatically win the thread, because Batman.
Of all the things that make Batman interesting, I have never heard anyone reference his planning skills as an enviable feature. I would much prefer the physical prowess, awesome gadgets, deductive reasoning skills (not the same as preparedness), or his money.

Come to think of it, Batman isn't a SUPER-human at all. His abilities are not beyond the conceivable bound of human ability. Therefore, calling being prepared a superpower is a misnomer.
Batman has contingency plans for everything, he has a gadget for every occasion, and I mean every occasion:

If your still not convinced then look at this TV Tropes page: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/CrazyPrepared Scroll down to the Broad examples categories, there's a folder for every time this trope appears in all Advertising, one for every time this trope appears in all Anime and Manga, there is a category for every time this trope appears in all comic book stories, but just before that, I'll give you one guess as to who gets their own super special batfolder category...

It is a well worn plot point in the Justice league storylines that Batman has prepared failsafe plans to defeat and neutralise every other member of the Justice league (Superman, Wonder Woman, The Flash, etc.) just in case they get mind controlled or go mental. Being prepared for every occasion is the only way he can compete with people who can melt things with their eyes, or play baseball with the moon!

Also I would like to draw your attention to the very link that you gave in your first post, the very webpage that details this superpower, that categorises every superhero with such a power. Click on that link again and see which superhero they decided to use as an example, out of all the other superheroes they could choose from, who was the best example of someone exhibiting enhanced preparedness?
I'll give you a clue, their name begins with the letter B.

Whateveralot

Oct 25, 2010
Alright, this is neat.

Ink Mimicry!

My actual first reaction to this was "lame..I'm not going to post anyt...ooohh, you can change colours."

Description:
User is able to transform their body completely into ink. User is able to shift between solid ink (gaining hardness equal to soft stone), paste (making the goo-like) and liquid. They can also change their colors.

I'd be the king of stealth and intrusion. I could go anywhere without anyone noticing. No exceptions. Plus, I could choke anyone when I wrap my paste-like body around their faces and enter their lungs.

It's a rock-solid superpower :)

Anget Colslaw

Jul 26, 2012
Round 3: Sweet, I got web creation. Time to go web people to walls now.

Round 4: Health optimization.

I am ze medic.

Captcha: Love me?

Captcha, are you rigging my results?

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Effect Field Projection boom where do i collect.

Power to emit a field (often spherical) wherever the user wishes that applies a specific effect to all inside the field.At a high level i would be a walking god.

I might be a deffintly challenger for ultimate superpower user.