Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
stroopwafel said:
hanselthecaretaker said:
Xprimentyl said:
Ah, booze, glorious booze. Rarely have I met a one I don?t like.

For hard liquors, I?m a vodka and gin guy, favoring to mix them with soda or tonic with a squeeze of lime, but I also like the occasional whisky and 7-Up. For beers, I drink it just infrequently enough that I?m a cheap date; Budweiser or Bud Light get the job done. But when I?m feeling fancy, Stella Artois, Yuengling (which has limited availability in the northeastern US) and Louisiana?s infamous Abita. I steer clear of most IPAs and anything overly-hoppy. For wine, gimme a cabernet? or any wine from the cellar.

Liquor I dislike? Most schnapps, especially cinnamon schnapps; not a fan of the sweet stuff. But the worst liquor? Jagermeister. Jesus, that shit is evil; tastes like something dredge from the very bottom of a septic tank in hell and thrice filtered through sasquatch?s pubic hair immediately following a 5 mile jog during which he was wearing plastic underwear. I think that?s why it?s generally popular with 20-something-year-old bro-dudes; along with its ?acquired? taste, recovering from the brain damage after ingesting copious amounts of it is a rite of passage.

Agreed on the Jager. Absolutely disgusting. Might as well be drinking liquified potpourri after it?s been dipped in ever tar pool in Black Gulch and The Rotten pissed and farted out the remains of a millennia worth of fallen undead souls in it.

Myself, I?ve always been a bourbon fan and am not very picky about it, but also enjoy a few microbrews. Two Hearted is usually a go-to when out to dinner.
Oh no I absolutely love Jagermeister. To me it tastes like syrupy spice nut. A great drink in winter with a strong coffee.
My utter hatred of that ?drink? stems from my first experience with it. I was in my early 20s at a crowded Mardi Gras house party, literally stuck in a corner in the kitchen because the house was so crowded. I was pounding rum and cokes when my friend came by with a full bottle of Jager and offered me a swig. I drank it and was immediately turned off by the black licorice flavor, so gave it back. Kept pounding rum and cokes, and he came back about an hour later with still a mostly full bottle because no one would drink it with him (smart folks.) Already highly intoxicated and making poor decisions, I agreed to ?help,? and proceeded to trade the bottle back and forth with him until it was empty. Shortly after, my then girlfriend decided she was ready to leave; I attempted to move for the first time in hours and soon discovered just how fucked I was. I surrendered my keys to my gf, was dragged into my car where I slumped with my head against the window for the 45 minute ride home. We were 2 minutes from home when I managed a rough arrangement of words meant to convey my urgent demand that she stop and let me ?reverse the drinking process.? She did, but by the time she could get to my side of the car and open the door, the Jager returned in glorious fashion all over my floorboard and shoes? then a Max & Erma?s parking lot? then the parking lot of our apartment? then the living room? then the bathroom? aaaaand finally the bedroom where, in tears, I prayed to God for the sweet release of death. It was years before I could even look at that green bottle without my stomach knotting.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Xprimentyl said:
stroopwafel said:
hanselthecaretaker said:
Xprimentyl said:
Ah, booze, glorious booze. Rarely have I met a one I don?t like.

For hard liquors, I?m a vodka and gin guy, favoring to mix them with soda or tonic with a squeeze of lime, but I also like the occasional whisky and 7-Up. For beers, I drink it just infrequently enough that I?m a cheap date; Budweiser or Bud Light get the job done. But when I?m feeling fancy, Stella Artois, Yuengling (which has limited availability in the northeastern US) and Louisiana?s infamous Abita. I steer clear of most IPAs and anything overly-hoppy. For wine, gimme a cabernet? or any wine from the cellar.

Liquor I dislike? Most schnapps, especially cinnamon schnapps; not a fan of the sweet stuff. But the worst liquor? Jagermeister. Jesus, that shit is evil; tastes like something dredge from the very bottom of a septic tank in hell and thrice filtered through sasquatch?s pubic hair immediately following a 5 mile jog during which he was wearing plastic underwear. I think that?s why it?s generally popular with 20-something-year-old bro-dudes; along with its ?acquired? taste, recovering from the brain damage after ingesting copious amounts of it is a rite of passage.

Agreed on the Jager. Absolutely disgusting. Might as well be drinking liquified potpourri after it?s been dipped in ever tar pool in Black Gulch and The Rotten pissed and farted out the remains of a millennia worth of fallen undead souls in it.

Myself, I?ve always been a bourbon fan and am not very picky about it, but also enjoy a few microbrews. Two Hearted is usually a go-to when out to dinner.
Oh no I absolutely love Jagermeister. To me it tastes like syrupy spice nut. A great drink in winter with a strong coffee.
My utter hatred of that ?drink? stems from my first experience with it. I was in my early 20s at a crowded Mardi Gras house party, literally stuck in a corner in the kitchen because the house was so crowded. I was pounding rum and cokes when my friend came by with a full bottle of Jager and offered me a swig. I drank it and was immediately turned off by the black licorice flavor, so gave it back. Kept pounding rum and cokes, and he came back about an hour later with still a mostly full bottle because no one would drink it with him (smart folks.) Already highly intoxicated and making poor decisions, I agreed to ?help,? and proceeded to trade the bottle back and forth with him until it was empty. Shortly after, my then girlfriend decided she was ready to leave; I attempted to move for the first time in hours and soon discovered just how fucked I was. I surrendered my keys to my gf, was dragged into my car where I slumped with my head against the window for the 45 minute ride home. We were 2 minutes from home when I managed a rough arrangement of words meant to convey my urgent demand that she stop and let me ?reverse the drinking process.? She did, but by the time she could get to my side of the car and open the door, the Jager returned in glorious fashion all over my floorboard and shoes? then a Max & Erma?s parking lot? then the parking lot of our apartment? then the living room? then the bathroom? aaaaand finally the bedroom where, in tears, I prayed to God for the sweet release of death. It was years before I could even look at that green bottle without my stomach knotting.
haha yeah Jagermeister is not really a drink you should drink in excess with other drinks similarly as Sambucca that I also really like. Like I said it tastes better with a coffee. Though, I also really like it in combination with a really dark beer. Maybe you could try even if it is just to get rid of the trauma. xD

Xprimentyl

Made you look...
Legacy
Aug 13, 2011
Plano, TX
Country
United States
Anybody heard of Screwball Peanut Butter whiskey? Wow, peanut butter-loving alcoholics, look no further; this stuff is delicious! While not absurdly so, it is on the sweet side (being a liqueur,) but it?s not syrupy like Fireball and such which is how I personally prefer my sweet boozes. It tastes EXACTLY like peanut butter, almost like Reese?s peanut butter, and as peanut butter is wont to do, it masks the whisky flavor fairly nicely for those of us who like our booze, but not necessarily straight up. I can?t find the proof, but I?d imagine it?s at least 70 if not higher as it has a definite bite at the end, but it doesn?t make you wince.

Highly recommended, and please note the date of this post, because if in a few months it becomes the next go-to drink of choice for college-aged, douchbag, frat boy date rapists everywhere like Fireball or Jagermeister, I called it first and am NOT to be counted amongst their numbers; I was drinking it BEFORE it was cool.

gsilver

Apr 21, 2010
Country
USA
I pretty much can't drink, since I feel absolutely awful if I have any.
Awake all night and really fatigued and headachey the next day... from ONE.

Yeah. I'll stick to water and juice.
I'm also boring.