Let's talk E3!

Bravo Company

Feb 21, 2010
ugh, I want more than just a trailer from "The Divison" dammit!

This "The Crew" game could be interesting though, I'm not huge into racing games, but I play them from time to time.

karma9308

Jan 26, 2013
So I know I've kinda been really cynical, but I don't get the trailer for the Division there. They showed gameplay at last year's E3. They showed gameplay at Microsoft's conference. Why do they only show some pre-rendered trailer that I know they scripted to the utmost max?

Also, CARS.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
The Crew trailer was kind of a nice break from the super loud action packed trailers that's been dominating E3 so far.

Drizzitdude

Nov 12, 2009
karma9308 said:
So I know I've kinda been really cynical, but I don't get the trailer for the Division there. They showed gameplay at last year's E3. They showed gameplay at Microsoft's conference. Why do they only show some pre-rendered trailer that I know they scripted to the utmost max?

Also, CARS.
Well of course its scripted. Its a cinematic trailer, trailers aren't UNscripted. I really wish they had gone more into it though, I want to know how many buildings are enterable, what kind of scavenging there is, and more in depth looks like at the skills and progression.

Roofstone

May 13, 2010
IllumInaTIma said:
Bioware you're such a tease. But I'm willing to wait. AS LONG AS I WILL BE ABLE TO CHOOSE A RACE! Just give me that Bioware. Please.
You can choose Human, Dwarf, Elf and Qunari, I do believe.

OT: I am kinda looking forward to sims. Despite my EA hate I do buy every single sims and all the DLC.. >_>

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
Roofstone said:
IllumInaTIma said:
Bioware you're such a tease. But I'm willing to wait. AS LONG AS I WILL BE ABLE TO CHOOSE A RACE! Just give me that Bioware. Please.
You can choose Human, Dwarf, Elf and Qunari, I do believe.

OT: I am kinda looking forward to sims. Despite my EA hate I do buy every single sims and all the DLC.. >_>
I was talking about Mass Effect. But yeah, I can see how my post could be confusing. I just really want Mass Effect with choice of playing different races.

karma9308

Jan 26, 2013
Drizzitdude said:
karma9308 said:

Also, CARS.
Well of course its scripted. Its a cinematic trailer, trailers aren't UNscripted.
I meant that I really want to see gameplay. I'm interested in the Division, but I want to see gameplay for it, not a trailer telling me how awesome it's going to be. Though I know I'm not the target audience here.

Drizzitdude

Nov 12, 2009
karma9308 said:
Drizzitdude said:
karma9308 said:

Also, CARS.
Well of course its scripted. Its a cinematic trailer, trailers aren't UNscripted.
I meant that I really want to see gameplay. I'm interested in the Division, but I want to see gameplay for it, not a trailer telling me how awesome it's going to be. Though I know I'm not the target audience here.
Of course you do, we all do (check out my edited post for more on that, didn't think you would respond that quick) but it isn't like they didn't show anything, they had an entire new gameplay segment during the microsoft portion and we did learn a couple of things from that.

*You can swap your skills at any time
*Enemies drop loots (the machine gunner seemed to drop his gun at the end)
*You can establish bases
*You can explore the environment to find out more about life during the crisis and gain additional experience/rewards (the whole subway part)

karma9308

Jan 26, 2013
Ok fuck trying to be cynical, Unity's trailer was badass. At least I already know what the gameplay of AC is like.

Edit: Gameplay! I can stop being an ass!

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
So Ubisoft is basically just showing trailers.
edit: nevermind.

karma9308

Jan 26, 2013
Drizzitdude said:
karma9308 said:
Drizzitdude said:
karma9308 said:

Also, CARS.
Of course you do, we all do (check out my edited post for more on that, didn't think you would respond that quick) but it isn't like they didn't show anything, they had an entire new gameplay segment during the microsoft portion and we did learn a couple of things from that.

*You can swap your skills at any time
*Enemies drop loots (the machine gunner seemed to drop his gun at the end)
*You can establish bases
*You can explore the environment to find out more about life during the crisis and gain additional experience/rewards (the whole subway part)
Ok, I missed part of microsoft's conference so I must have missed some of that. I knew they showed some gameplay off there, I just feel like they should have expounded a bit more in their conference, rather than just show a cool trailer.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
It just wouldn't be a Ubisoft conference without an unintentionally hilarious/cringeworthy segment!

Madame_Lawliet

Jul 16, 2013
Okay that was some pretty nice looking AC Unity gameplay, but Watch_Dogs taught me not to buy into early potentially unreperesentitive builds, remaining cautiously optimistic. That said, they do seem to have nailed the French Revolution aesthetic pretty damn well.
Also, was that an Adele cover of Tears for Fears' Everybody Wants to Rule the World?... Can't lie I kinda liked it.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
Ohmygod right in the feels. Paint me interested. Although I have no idea what kind of game Valiant Hearts is gonna be.

karma9308

Jan 26, 2013
Well I need to go curl up in a ball and cry. Thanks Ubi. Count me intrigued, if depressed.

Drizzitdude

Nov 12, 2009
During the Rainbow Six one: Him turning to check on his teammate rappelling was just so overdone I actually cringed.

I just wanted to say: Unbisofts hostess is just awesome.

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
So, this is what aiming in Rainbow Six with a controller is like.
Seriously, these totally real people are horrible shots.