Let's talk E3!

karma9308

Jan 26, 2013
Well I gotta give Ubi credit, I'm more interested in Unity than I was before, and I want Valiant Hearts. Though that dancing segment was certainly a thing. Overall decent conference. Better than EAs at least.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
I really like the idea behind the new R6. A multiplayer SWAT? Sign me up! One thing that bothered me though was that no one, NO ONE, speaks like that online. Seriously, if those were me and my friends playing, one of us would be chewing on something, another would sing, third guy would tell a story from his work, and last guy would just say "FUCK IT LET'S GO!"

Madame_Lawliet

Jul 16, 2013
"Thanks to all my fans, we love you all, and we have one more game to show you today..."
*Every Beyond Good and Evil fan's hearts get filled with a fleeting moment of beautiful hope*
... RAINBOW SIX!

They're just fucking with us now...

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Weaver said:
So, this is what aiming in Rainbow Six with a controller is like.
Seriously, these totally real people are horrible shots.
Strange because the key prompts were for keyboard, yet the camera movement looks like it's done with a controller. Screams of scripted to me (if that isn't obvious by the "TOTALLY REAL GUIZE!" team-speak.

OT: Way too many CGI trailers and both Just Dance and that fitness game were just cringe-worthy. AC: Unity looks decent but it just looks like AC. I'm definitely going to be buying Valiant Hearts, I don't care that it'll most likely be incredibly easy and 2 hours long there just needs to be more WW1 games. Finally there's Rainbow Six: Siege which is a very neat concept but in a multiplayer setting you'd practically need a super-serious team of friends or else it'd just be like public CS, I'd have preferred a new SWAT game really.

Adanos

Oct 24, 2009
Really disappointed from this Rainbow 6 scene. The scripted voice chat made me cringe so bad my jaw is hurting, and the fact they played on a controller made their aim so awful the whole scene lasted way longer that is should.

As for AC it wasn't impressive at all. Same old combat and those crowds won't make it into the final game. The parkour looked cool but knowing Ubisoft it won't look like that.

Valiant Hearts looked the best for me.

Farcry? No opinion

Bravo Company

Feb 21, 2010
Weaver said:
So, this is what aiming in Rainbow Six with a controller is like.
Seriously, these totally real people are horrible shots.
I noticed that too. Whoever had the camera could've head shotted a few people early on really easily. I feel as if he intentionally didn't make the shots he could have to make the super scripted scene plan out how they practiced it. Everybody knows that was super heavily practiced.

I kinda like the new rainbox 6 thing, but it felt extremely counter-strike to me. I love counter-strike though so...idunno, I may check it out

However, I'm glad to see AC moving back to how 2 was, I really enjoyed the game play from 2. My favourite thing about the Assassins creed games is the environments and the seeing the recreation of ancient times. Plus set-piece assassinations. Lets just hope it isn't the steaming pile of shit that AC3 was.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
IllumInaTIma said:
New EVERYTHING RACER from Criterion. DLC with shopping carts confirmed.
I am extremely interested to see how this game turns out. It seems like my perfect game. I am a big fan of things that go fast, and this seems to have just about everything that goes fast.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Madame_le_Flour said:
"Thanks to all my fans, we love you all, and we have one more game to show you today..."
*Every Beyond Good and Evil fan's hearts get filled with a fleeting moment of beautiful hope*
... RAINBOW SIX!

They're just fucking with us now...
I loled so hard, I was actually sad that they werent showing Rainbow Six at the end since it seemed incredibly obvious that it would be Beyond Good and Evil, then the multiplayer message appeared, and then the leaderboards...

In regards to Rainbow Six it seemed very fake since a lot of the animations looked incredibly smooth and inconsistent, like the other Rainbow player had like a two second animation that started 3 feet away from the hostage to pick her up while when the player picked her up it was almost instant. Its as if the others were pre animated characters. Also the looking around looked like it was from a controller but the key binds were all from a PC.

Either way, it certainly wont look like that (Ubisoft and their bullshots, heh) and it certainly wont have players playing it like that (they really need to stop that trend that they started with The Division) but just having them using that as their goal for the kind of game they are trying to sell is enough for me. They havent made a game that did try to have a heavy focus on tactics (even if it goes balls arcade in the firefights) for a long time. The point of entry choice alone shows some effort and this was just an online match, maybe in single player we can be able to do the planning like in Raven Shield.

I at least hope that the game has single player but we will see. The focus on a dynamic enviorment (covering places and destroing others) seems to be something that was obviously a big focus on the game so even if it isnt as polished I bet it will still be very present in the gameplay.

Shit, I wanted Rainbow Six that was at least better Lockdown and this seemed to be that and even better then Vegas (I liked Vegas) so yeah, Im hyped

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
Techno Squidgy said:
IllumInaTIma said:
I am extremely interested to see how this game turns out. It seems like my perfect game. I am a big fan of things that go fast, and this seems to have just about everything that goes fast.
"and this seems to have just about everything that goes fast"

That may be true but it's missing one essential thing.

And yeah, I'm interested too. It would have been better if they'd waited until they had at least some early beta gameplay and a name. But the idea sounds fun if it doesn't take itself too seriously and sticks to what made Burnout so good.

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
ToastiestZombie said:
Techno Squidgy said:
IllumInaTIma said:

And yeah, I'm interested too. It would have been better if they'd waited until they had at least some early beta gameplay and a name. But the idea sounds fun if it doesn't take itself too seriously and sticks to what made Burnout so good.
I'm fine with that if he doesn't speak. I'm big on things that go fast, not so big on Sonic's voice acting. I saw helicopters, so hopefully racing in jets isn't out of the question!

Techno Squidgy

Nov 23, 2010
ToastiestZombie said:
Techno Squidgy said:
IllumInaTIma said:

I'm fine with that if he doesn't speak. I'm big on things that go fast, not so big on Sonic's voice acting. I saw helicopters, so hopefully racing in jets isn't out of the question!

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Ok, so I had to work while the Ubisoft press conference went down, what did I miss? Was it cringe worthy again?

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
I've never really understood sports games. The only time I've ever enjoyed FIFA is when it glitches and does hilarious shit like send the keeper off for punching a player in the face.

So yeah. Apart from that dragon thing and the tiny wee bit of ME4 talk, I've seen nothing of interest.

Edit: The new AC is set is revolution era france? Hmmmm. Intriguing. Ok, so there's now a total of 3 things I'm interested in.

karma9308

Jan 26, 2013
soren7550 said:
Ok, so I had to work while the Ubisoft press conference went down, what did I miss? Was it cringe worthy again?
There was dancing.

There was also a war between America and France over who could push more ups.

In non-wackey conference news, they also showed trailers for AC: Unity, the Division, the Crew, and Valiant Hearts. As well as some Tom-Clancey multiplayer swat game.

IllumInaTIma

Flesh is but a garment!
Feb 6, 2012
Oh guys, since Matt Lees is no longer with VideoGamerTV does it mean that E3 Abridged is going to be posted on Escapist now?

Weaver

Overcaffeinated
Apr 28, 2008
So glad Twich is showing The Order: 1886 at 15 FPS so I get a full filmic experience.

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Ugh, the player did nothing by himself, it was all meaningless action (move forward while nothing is going on, now stop, character reveal, now you run a linear path while shooting even though there is no point shooting, now move slowly forward or nothing happens, now wait again for the another cutscene to end and shoot, oh wait, its over).

Its basicly a movie with some interactive moments, even Heavy Rain seemed to offer more impact in its gameplay.