Let's talk E3!

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
Ok, thanks to being unable to get a stream that could go a minute without stopping and chugging, I largely have no idea what went on. Something about new characters in Little Big Planet 3, Far Cry 4 was shown briefly, indy games of there's maybe two different looking ones, and that's about all I got from it. >:[

ToastiestZombie

Don't worry. Be happy!
Mar 21, 2011
"And we have one more thing to show you!"

OOOOHHHHH IT'S HAPPENING TIME FOR BOY AND GRIFFON ADVENTURES

"Sony Computer Entertainment Presents"

FINALLY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS IT'S COMING! THE LAST GUARDIAN!

"Naughty Dog!"

FUCK.

For me the conference could have ended after about 40 minutes and I'd be fine. But damn, they really fucked up bad in that second half. Who would have guessed Sony were the ones to talk about TV, Movies and Comic crap after Microsoft's showing last year. I'd give it a C-

Dreadman75

Jul 6, 2011
Another great E3 press conference from Sony!

Batman Arkham Knight looks incredible (Like that's a shock.) But I do have to wonder how they'll keep people from going all GTA in the Batmobile. Batman doesn't kill after all...

Destiny, The Order 1886, No Man's Sky, ABZU, Uncharted 4,...and so many more. That was some good stuff. It looks like Sony just won another E3...what do all you guys think?

Andy Shandy

Fucked if I know
Jun 7, 2010
Sony were doing so well...and then they absolutely shit the bed second half. For those who put stock in these things, Microsoft won it for me personally.

[sub]Then again, they were always likely to unless Platinum announced an exclusive for Sony too[/sub]

Baldr

The Noble
Jan 6, 2010
Andy Shandy said:
Sony were doing so well...and then they absolutely shit the bed second half. For those who put stock in these things, Microsoft won it for me personally.

[sub]Then again, they were always likely to unless Platinum announced an exclusive for Sony too[/sub]
I agree, I was bored and didn't see any exclusives I wanted to play. Most of the good games they showed were multi-platform.

Aiddon_v1legacy

Nov 19, 2009
eh, Sony conference was like MS: completely average. Sony has NEVER really gotten the hang of their pressers; they always run too long and they don't really have that much to show. They could cut out all the padding and say more in less time but they NEVER do that. It also doesn't help that the people speaking have the charisma of a dry sponge.

schrodinger

Jul 19, 2013
ToastiestZombie said:
"And we have one more thing to show you!"

OOOOHHHHH IT'S HAPPENING TIME FOR BOY AND GRIFFON ADVENTURES

"Sony Computer Entertainment Presents"

FINALLY AFTER ALL THESE YEARS IT'S COMING! THE LAST GUARDIAN!

"Naughty Dog!"

FUCK.

For me the conference could have ended after about 40 minutes and I'd be fine. But damn, they really fucked up bad in that second half. Who would have guessed Sony were the ones to talk about TV, Movies and Comic crap after Microsoft's showing last year. I'd give it a C-
I was so hoping for them to show The Last Guardian, especially with yesterday's IGN shitfest. But alas, we shall never get it.
Totally meh on Uncharted 4

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
For some reason Geoff Keighley was really happy to have Jack Tretton there, he hasnt looked as lively for a really long time

EDIT: GTAV confirmed for PS4, Xbox One and PC
http://www.rockstargames.com/

TheWorstMuppetEver

Jun 5, 2014
I thought that was a great Sony conference! No Man's Sky looks amazing! Ditto Destiny, Abzu and Uncharted 4!
And oh my. LittleBigPlanet 3? The reason I got back into Playstation? Consider me sold!
The only downside I can think of was the talk of Playstation TV (didn't quite understand the point of it) and the talk of original comic TV series Powers (don't really care). Also, no Last Guardian. Bummer.
Oh well. 7/10. Better than Xbox's conference.

Crazy Zaul

Oct 5, 2010
This mostly felt like a filler year. The only real good stuff was stuff we already knew was good from having it shoved in our faces every 5 mins before, such as Witcher 3 and Dragon Age.

Microsoft was pretty good but nothing stood out. EA was a load of bollocks. Ubisoft could have been just Rainbow 6 then the rest of it was pointless. We still know barely anything more about the Division than we did a year ago. It still looks like a standard squad based TPS, even if its a good one. Sony was good apart from falling back into their old habit of having a really boring part in the middle. I wanted to hear about PS Now but, nothing for Europe... Nothing particularly next gen yet.

It was pretty weird how all for of them were constantly mentioning listening to gamer feedback. I facepalmed at all those 'betas'. (They should be called early access except Steam game a negative meaning to that phrase.)

TheSapphireKnight

I hate Dire Wolves...
Dec 4, 2008
Man, I was really underwhelmed by Sony's address. I was expecting a lot more. As far as MS goes I think they did what they needed to, but not much more than that. Ubisoft was awful, EA just reminded us that their yearly titles are still yearly(including BF now I guess) and all the more interesting stuff(Battlefront, Mirrors Edge, Mass Effect) are all still far off.

I hope Nintendo gives us something to talk about tomorrow for good or ill.

I am honestly surprised how my opinion of the Xbox is starting to change, MS keeps making decisions I like(for the most part) and seem to still be in the make up phase. At this point I am considering a X1 more than a PS4, especially after remembering that Kingdom Hearts 3 and Final Fantasy 15 are coming out on it as well.

It just feels odd after how bad things were the same time last year, but I guess that is competition at work. Funny how things work when actual competition is involved rather a series of non-aggression pacts.

Mr. Omega

ANTI-LIFE JUSTIFIES MY HATE!
Jul 1, 2010
Sony was doing great, and if they ended it after No Man's Sky, I'd say they won by a long shot. But as said elsewhere, they shit the bed with the second half. Still the best one of the day, though.

Honestly, just considering the 5 games Nintendo is obviously going to show (Smash, Bayonetta, X, Pokemon Gen 3 and Hyrule Warriors), they'll probably have the best presentation if they announce anything new at all to go with these. This year felt like a lot of filler, with the occasional bright spots.

Also, best moment of the day: Super Ultra Dead Rising 3 Arcade Remix Hyper Edition EX Plus Alpha Prime

fhmy

Aug 2, 2010
Obligatory:
Sony kinda dropped the ball around the halfway mark when they started going off about movies and TV when Microsoft was just non-stop games.

Madame_Lawliet

Jul 16, 2013
Alright here's my rundown,

The YEAH!:
Little Big Planet 3 (HOLLAH!)
BloodBorne (Hail Myasaki! PRAISED BE!)
New Phantom Pain trailer! (Really nailed the "former hero slowly becoming a Monster" vibe)
GRIM FANDANGO FOOLZ!
No Man's Sky, very ambitious, very colourful, you have my interest
Batman: Arkham Knight (SCARECROW! I MISSED YA BUDDY!)
GTAV and TLoU on PS4 (called it, glad I waited on these)

The Meh:
Destiny failed to impress me, just kinda looks like Halo 2.0, not bad, but not a WOW moment
The Order looks like a cool idea, but all we saw was a heavily scripted sequence down a hallway, you can do better then that.
I'm a big Suda 51 fan (No More Heroes is one of my favorite games) but I was pretty underwhelmed by Let it Die, except that grim reaper on a skateboard, that's pretty awesome
Uncharted 4, Not a huge fan of the series myself, and I was hoping for Last Guardian, but I'll probably be playing it anyway.
Moretal Kombat X looks to me like MK 2009 with a fresher coat of paint, pass.

The Bleh:
TWENTY SODDING MINUTES OF TV AND MOVIES, c'mon guys I thought you'd learned by now!
Dumb-ass F2P montage, pointless and headache inducing.
A bundle with the sodding Lego Movie Game? Really?
Barely any talk of VR stuff
No Last Guardian update, GIVE US THE TRAILER AND WIPE AWAY THE DISENFRANCHISEMENT!

Overall, good show, way better then Ubi's or EA's, my PS4 is starting to look a little more worth it.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Microsoft really brought it this year, and it was what I needed to see from them. After watching both conferences, I can happily say they put a smackdown on Sony this year. Sony really came off looking desperate with some of their comments tonight, honestly.

MHR

Apr 3, 2010
I heard a dumb rumor that Valve was going to be at this E3, is that true? Haven't heard anyone talk about it so....

Obviously they would announce HL3, the cure for cancer, and the contents of Al Capone's wallet.