Little Chocobo Hints at Direct Sequel to Final Fantasy XIII

Shirokurou

Mar 8, 2010
Gxas said:
Played Dirge. It made me go "Eh..."

Heard terrible things about Crisis Core from my friend.

Never played Dissidia.
Dissidia was friggin' awesome IMHO. You should give it a try at least.

imPacT31

Mar 19, 2008
I liked Final Fantasy XIII. I wouldn't mind a sequel to Final Fantasy XIII. There doesn't need to be a sequel to Final Fantasy XIII.

Sure it'd be interesting to see what happens following Cocoon's massive social upheaval and see where the world goes next but you could say the same thing for any other game in the series. Without going into spoilers, there's only one plot thread left the end of the game that feels like it'd be worth following up - and even that one achieves a decent amount of closure.

A Final Fantasy XIII sequel is about as necessary as X-2 was.

xXDeMoNiCXx

Mar 10, 2010
Gxas said:
xXDeMoNiCXx said:
Gxas said:
No. Bad. We've already seen that direct sequels don't work for Final Fantasy games. Spinoffs rarely work, either.
Final Fanatsy Spinoff's rarely work? Clearly you haven't played Dissidia, Dirge of Cereberus, or even Crisis Core cause all 3 of those games were awesome and fun.

Never played Dissidia.
Ok, granted what I should have said was that Final Fantasy Spinoffs have gotten quite positive reviews overall. Dirge not as much probably because it was different from every other FF game ever made but they were still average reviews instead of poor.

I would hardly let yourself be convinced by any 1 person that Crisis Core is bad considering how popular it is. It definitely excels in terms of replay value. Trust me, if you're gonna let one guy's opinion decide that for you you're missing out.

Also if you wanna play a fighting game that's unlike anything you've ever played with slight RPG elements you'll love Dissidia.

manythings

Nov 7, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
megs1120 said:
Josdeb said:
I guess this means I actually have to buckle down and finish XIII.
(Stupid save file and it's stupid dying... I was almost finished then, bang!, gone)

Oh, I should probably add that I was one of the 5 people on this planet who enjoyed X-2
Pssh, FFX-2 was rad! The Job System is the best thing ever to have come from the Final Fantasy series and it was awesome to see it come back.
Reminded me off FF5's job system. VERY good thing.
I think the people who hated the combat never played FF5. (Wasn't there a job system in 4 aswell?)

Gamegodtre

Aug 24, 2009
Ishadus said:
Well....X was great (imo) and X-2 was terrible.

Here's hoping the laws of the universe dictate that XIII-2 must be good considering that XIII was terrible.

It's a beautiful place here in my fantasy land.
as long as they ditch that new battle system and make it more openish i don't think itll be bad......

Archemetis

Is Probably Awesome.
Aug 13, 2008
The logical step for this sequel would be to include actual gameplay.

But likely Squeenix will just gloss over that particular little programming issue and just do 13 again with an even more incomprehensible story and lack-luster characters.

xaszatm

That Voice in Your Head
Sep 4, 2010
To be honest, I think that a sequel to Final Fantasy XIII would be a good thing. The game had great potential game play wise even if the story, in my opinion, was a little lax. I think that if they did two things, Final Fantasy XIII-2 would be better than its predecessor:

1) Bring back the illusion of exploration. One of the worst parts about Final Fantasy XIII was the "tunnel traveling" that existed for almost all of the game. You would spend the non-battle portion going from point A to point B with no option of anything else. While the story had a reason for this bland exploration, it still annoyed plenty of players. Interactive Towns, Cities, Side Dungeons, etc. need to make a comeback.

2) The ability to switch players during battles. One of the most annoying parts about Final Fantasy XIII battle system was if the player you were playing with died, the entire party died, even if the other teams were in full health. You should be able to switch to a still living player afterwards. Plus, it would allow for better control overall.

If those elements are changed, a FFXIII-2 would actually be something I would look forward too.

Isalan

Jun 9, 2008
FF13 is one of those games that really splits my opinions. While it was exceedingly pretty and, personally, I enjoyed the new battle system, it was also wallowing in some pretty major flaws. The story was impenetrable, the characters were stilted and weird and the game was shockingly linear.

FF13-2? I can hope I suppose, but I'm not gonna get my hopes up too high :)

v3n0mat3

Jul 30, 2008
They better not do what they did in x-2. And they better not make a xiii a 2nd time around.

DirgeNovak

I'm anticipating DmC. Flame me.
Jul 23, 2008
My guess is they'll just change FF Versus XIII's name for Final Fantasy XIII-2.

Final Fantasy Versus XIII doesn't make any kind of sense (unless it's a mashup of FF and the XIII graphic novel...), FFXIII-2 would be a better title. Not a good one, but still better than this nonsense.

Gxas

Sep 4, 2008
xXDeMoNiCXx said:
Gxas said:
xXDeMoNiCXx said:
Gxas said:
No. Bad. We've already seen that direct sequels don't work for Final Fantasy games. Spinoffs rarely work, either.
Final Fanatsy Spinoff's rarely work? Clearly you haven't played Dissidia, Dirge of Cereberus, or even Crisis Core cause all 3 of those games were awesome and fun.

Never played Dissidia.
Ok, granted what I should have said was that Final Fantasy Spinoffs have gotten quite positive reviews overall. Dirge not as much probably because it was different from every other FF game ever made but they were still average reviews instead of poor.

I would hardly let yourself be convinced by any 1 person that Crisis Core is bad considering how popular it is. It definitely excels in terms of replay value. Trust me, if you're gonna let one guy's opinion decide that for you you're missing out.

Also if you wanna play a fighting game that's unlike anything you've ever played with slight RPG elements you'll love Dissidia.
The big thing keeping me from playing those games is the PSP.

I really don't feel like buying a system for three games (Because Patapon just looks so damned fun!)

xXDeMoNiCXx

Mar 10, 2010
Gxas said:
xXDeMoNiCXx said:
Gxas said:
xXDeMoNiCXx said:
Gxas said:

Never played Dissidia.

The big thing keeping me from playing those games is the PSP.

I really don't feel like buying a system for three games (Because Patapon just looks so damned fun!)
Fair enough, alot of people think the design of the PSP is poor due to there only being one analog stick and stuff like that but those are only three out of a bunch of other good games for the system such as God of War, Metal Gear Solid, etc. Anyway if you decide to try those games out chances our you will not be disappointed. But what I was originally trying to say was that in all honesty during the recent years I think the spin-offs are doing better than the actual Final Fantasy numbered games.

(Also, yes I heard Patapon is quite addicting. :p)

Eternal_Lament

Sep 23, 2010
Considering the ending of Final Fantasy XIII I find it hard to see how they can do a sequel. Also, I seriously hope the rlease more information about Versus XIII soon, since the lack of info makes it hard to classify, and therefore more alluring.

Larnx

Apr 13, 2009
Wouldn't that just be the next part of that ''Fabula Crystal'' nonsense thing? That 3-part series all set in the XIII world?

ShadowsofHope

Outsider
Nov 1, 2009
*Cure massive amounts of rage hate*

Huh. I'd play it, depending on the content and the veracity of the story given within the sequel. But then again, I'm in the minority on this matter. GO MINORITY!