LoadingReadyRun: James Cameron's Desert Bus

Graham_LRR

Unskippable, LRR, Feed Dump
Nov 13, 2008
James Cameron's Desert Bus

A visionary director, directs his vision... of a direction. That direction is "left".

Watch Video

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
I love the discussion of modeling every grain of sand, then there's a closeup of the graphics engine where he manually rotates the single cube of sand to a new position. It's that attention to detail that makes this movie the single biggest movie of this millenium. Ever.

JacobyPAX said:
That video could have used more James Cameron bashing.
While I might not think Cameron is much when it comes to, oh, I don't know, story or characters, you have to admit that he will take the technology he can use to the limit. He does deserve credit for that. Now if only they could put together a decent script for him...

8bitmaster

Devourer of pie
Nov 9, 2009
I was hoping for a music(ish) full on desert bus vid like tuscon or bust last year, although this was quite cool. Also, desert bus: the movie. James Cameron would make the movie less boring, although how you make ultimate boredom interesting is beyond me. Also, does the fact that there are a list of stuff that happened in the credits mean you still have all of it saved and will be uploading it all?

Delusibeta

Reachin' out...
Mar 7, 2010
Got pig, watched Top Gear...

I think I've forgotten something.

Anyways, good show. I presume the "specially designed studio" shot was the biggest problem, as was digging through all 150-ish hours of footage for the credits montage.

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
I still think the Air Freshener Scene was overrated, I know that's not a popular view to have, but I have to be honest.

JoelChenFA

Play Minecraft. Watch Top Gear.
Nov 24, 2010
The prequel will probably be banned in my country. Considering that going to a gay bar is frowned upon here.

Zagzag

Sep 11, 2009
I absolutely loved that video. Will we be seeing any more DB related humour, or is that it for this year?

Mechsoap

Apr 4, 2010
i play minecraft, watch top gear, and i got a pig....im set!

though in the end was the titles songs that where song in desert bus?

ZippyDSMlee

Sep 1, 2007
Someone needs to make a John Carmack version >>, great engine designer horriable game designer.....

Mydnyght

Feb 17, 2010
Delusibeta said:
Got pig, watched Top Gear...

I think I've forgotten something.
I think it was play Minecraft.

Also, THE BUS STEERS TO THE LEFT (seven times)... Best. Script. Ever.

By the way... HOLY FUCK, Matt has a BEARD?!?! Sweet, I should've known that day would come!

bakonslayer

Apr 15, 2009
coldfrog said:
While I might not think Cameron is much when it comes to, oh, I don't know, story or characters, you have to admit that he will take the technology he can use to the limit. He does deserve credit for that. Now if only they could put together a decent script for him...
That's why for Cameron's newest masterpiece he got rid of all modern pretenses for a storyline or characters and put all of his emphasis on the pure, raw emotion of handling a bus through the Las Vegas desert. He understands your concerns and as the second one is now coming out, is hoping to blow away his last performance on the RETURN trip from Las Vegas, Nevada. He is changing modern cinema as we know it. You can say goodbye to those vapid buddy cop movies and those tedious romantic comedies, Cameron's newest epic trilogy inspires only the realest in realism. You'll probably see many copies over the next few months.

Tundra Motorhome... 'shudders'

Void(null)

Dec 10, 2008
I really miss Desert Bus for Hope. Not having the hilarity in another window now makes the internet feel small and alone.

:(

bawkbawkboo1

Nov 20, 2008
I was unaware of Ashton's...*highly unfortunate* last name. Also I didn't know who the kazoo guy was.